Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 800
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108070
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9218
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8769
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14367
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425671
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227684
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119726
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 390
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7002
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310628
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62229

[REQUEST] Toshiba Qosmio X505 Q860/Q887 advanced bios mod
#31
Hello Mark,

Did you try flashing this one from Post #5?: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...2#pid72522

There should be a new Intel Menu. If not, there might be some function hiding it on particular models (I did the mod for the Q860 originally). I can fix this along with adding the Overclocking Performance Menu. Let me know.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#32
(07-25-2021, 04:00 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello Mark,

Did you try flashing this one from Post #5?: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...2#pid72522

There should be a new Intel Menu. If not, there might be some function hiding it on particular models (I did the mod for the Q860 originally). I can fix this along with adding the Overclocking Performance Menu. Let me know.
Steve:
Yes, I used the modded BIOS from that post, and it made NO difference in the actual BIOS on my X505-Q887. Its the same old, same old.

Mark
find
quote
#33
Alright, I will see if I can get to the bottom of this tonight!

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#34
Hello,

Could I get a picture of a menu that has a space between settings or sub-menus? I have attached an example of such a menu.

Weird request, I know. Here's the why: Phoenix BIOS images always contain a certain menu item called a "Generic Text". The "Generic Text" basically places a space between settings or sub-menus when they are listed in a BIOS menu. I use this space to make menus look neater and to link disconnected segments of settings when they are sequential. I have never had this issue before, but I can't seem to figure out which is the Generic Text code this time.

The mod is almost ready otherwise.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#35
(07-30-2021, 05:25 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello,

Could I get a picture of a menu that has a space between settings or sub-menus? I have attached an example of such a menu.

Weird request, I know. Here's the why: Phoenix BIOS images always contain a certain menu item called a "Generic Text". The "Generic Text" basically places a space between settings or sub-menus when they are listed in a BIOS menu. I use this space to make menus look neater and to link disconnected segments of settings when they are sequential. I have never had this issue before, but I can't seem to figure out which is the Generic Text code this time.

The mod is almost ready otherwise.

Here ya go...


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote
#36
Hello all,

I have completed a second version of the BIOS mod in Post #5!

This version contains several changes:
1.) In Mark's (kittbuilder1) Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q887, the unlocked INTEL Menu does not show up. I disabled a hiding function. It should now appear in both the Q860 and the Q887 models.
2.) The Advanced Menu now contains 2 new settings at the beginning.
3.) I built/filled-in the Overclocking Performance Menu using hidden settings that seemed like they might go under there. If anyone finds another in this BIOS image that should be put there, let me know. You can find this new sub-menu in the INTEL Menu.

I added the following settings to the constructed menu: Memory Voltage, Memory Voltage Enable Support, Processor Overclocking Feature, Dynamic CPU Frequency Mode, CPU Turbo, Bus Speed Override, and CPU VID Support.

Try this mod out Mark and let me know if it works for you.

Hash Verification (md5file.com):
MD5: 96c23cc5ba815947da9fde679b050d2b
SHA-1: c5699963542f1ee062909e4ba9fbdd093201bf1c


Attached Files
.rar   TZ1H_290_modV2.rar (Size: 1.06 MB / Downloads: 25)

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#37
Good morning;
Tried to flash the BIOS, but since you didn't send an .exe file, I tried using WinPhlash, but got this error message....
find
quote
#38
(08-02-2021, 08:37 AM)kittbuilder1 Wrote: Good morning;
Tried to flash the BIOS, but since you didn't send an .exe file, I tried using WinPhlash, but got this error message....

Hi,

Which error message? There is something wrong with the attachment system right now. Could you upload the picture to another website (for example: sendspace.com).

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#39
The error message stated that the BIOS could not be flashed because it was the same version as what is already installed..
find
quote
#40
(08-05-2021, 05:52 AM)kittbuilder1 Wrote: The error message stated that the BIOS could not be flashed because it was the same version as what is already installed..
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)