Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 461
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 104603
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 981
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3355
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 8482
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8165
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14342
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425538
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3839
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 530
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 668
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227484
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119637
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 385
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6995
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 616
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310564
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62221

[Request] Bios Mod for HP Elitebook 1030 G2 "Test/Prototype"
#1
Hi guys,

I got an Hp Elitebook 1030 g2 with this configuration except the SSD:
https://at.insight.com/en-gb/product...oks/0007307217.

When I start the thing I get "Bios is not for production use". Once I am in Windows 10 ("for test use only") there are alot of weird executables on the Desktop. Turns out this is a HP "test / prototype" model from 2/2016.

I installed a fresh copy of Windows and everything works (not perfectly) except autorotation, Fingerprint but most importantly the graphicchip isnt working correctly. I7-7600u Intel HD620

With the newest Intel drivers the display started to glitch and only stopped when I switched to 30 Hz and back to 60hz.

Now to the Bios. The bios shows a serial number of completly different hp laptop and let me up the VRAM only to 512 MB. My guess is that this experimental bios is limiting the graphic chip somehow and is designed for the testing environment that was installed beforehand.

I downloaded the official hp bios and tried installing it. The experimental Bios on this machine does not let me install it because of a signature error.

So I thought maybe it is possible to alter the official Bios with the signature of the experimental one or add an working VBios to the current bios. I looked into and tried programms like Uefipatch, Universal Bios Updated but I donnot understand a thing.

Maybe anyone on this forum can help me out?

I uploaded the current bios P80_8030 and the newest official P80_0123. In addition my bios config in a txt and some pictures.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...z7?usp=sharing

If you need any more information or files I ll provide.


Attached Files
.bin   P80_0123.bin (Size: 9 MB / Downloads: 2)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)