Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 75
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317112
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101062
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2522
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40965
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 337
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55313
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64131
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4101
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6568
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 148
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 95
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52216
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167198
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 239
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 328
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 145
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 126
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6333
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 138

[Request] ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition G513 (AMD)
noice Smile
find
WARNING: DO NOT RUN THE .EXE FILE IN THIS ARCHIVE IF YOU ARE NOT VIRTUON. THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL. THE MODIFIED BIOS IMAGE PACKED INTO THE .EXE FILE SHOULD BE SAFE, BUT THE FLASHER WITH MY MODIFICATIONS MAY NOT BE.

Okay Virtuon! The experimental modded flasher utility is ready. I replaced the stock BIOS update with your modified BIOS image. The Chipset and Advanced2 Menus should now be unlocked (that is, if you are able to get it flashed).

I had to make some edits to the "install.iss" file in order to get it to compile. I ignored the requirement for the "english.isl" file because it was a language file that didn't seem important (if you see random missing text in a few places, this is why). I also renamed some file paths that were wrong (ie: I changed embedded\ to {app}\). I added a missing "WizardImage0.bmp" and "WizardSmallImage0.bmp" image. If you see a very unhelpful and possibly confusing error image, this is why. I thought it would be funny at the time, but in retrospect, it will probably only add to the confusion........

...Anyways, have fun with this! Let me know how it goes. If something crashes and burns, then we have 2 identical good-looking backups from which to restore with a CH341A, a 1.8v adapter, a SOIC8 clip, and apparently a degree of either luck or persistence. Hoping for a magic bullet here for everyone on this thread!

EDIT: My AntiVirus software scanned this file as soon as I compiled it, but did not find it malicious. In case your AntiVirus software gets suspicious, I can assure you that I made minor edits to the install.iss file to get the program to compile and replaced the BIOS image with one that had a slightly modified AMITSE module. No viruses/other malware were involved on my end assuming the files that you got from Asus are legit!

Attached Files
.rar   DO_NOT_RUN_IF_YOU_ARE_NOT_VIRTUON.rar (Size: 8.21 MB / Downloads: 7)

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Hey Sml6397!
First of all thank you for your effort to make this work.
After I've launched the installer it finished with unknown message in last window. After reboot the BIOS stand 306 ((
Then I tried to launch unpacked files in PowerShell as Administrator. It finished with 1/1 result (don't know what does that mean). Then Windows asked to install unsigned driver and I did this. I already thought that it works but after reboot I still have 306 version. (( So it seems it isn't as easy as I thought.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
(09-14-2021, 03:43 AM)Virtuon Wrote: Hey Sml6397!
First of all thank you for your effort to make this work.
After I've launched the installer it finished with unknown message in last window. After reboot the BIOS stand 306 ((
Then I tried to launch unpacked files in PowerShell as Administrator. It finished with 1/1 result (don't know what does that mean). Then Windows asked to install unsigned driver and I did this. I already thought that it works but after reboot I still have 306 version. (( So it seems it isn't as easy as I thought.

Hello Virtuon,

These things are never easy the first time! Smile

So the application did execute. Could you send a screenshot of the unknown message in the last window?

Could you also check out your BIOS Setup Utility and let me know if you see either a second Advanced Menu or a new Chipset Menu? If so, we know it flashed. If not we can't be sure whether or not the flash is working yet. It is vaguely possible that something else is hiding these menus and I need to find and remove that additional hiding factor.

If your BIOS Setup Utility looks the same (no second Advanced or new Chipset Menus), please try using the new flashing package I attached to this post. I modified the "System Time" setting in the Main Menu to show up as "SysteW Time". Now it should be extremely clear if the BIOS is flashing or not by looking at this setting. If we can confirm that the mod is flashing, then we can go ahead with finishing up this BIOS mod and we can also start flashing other thread members' BIOSes with mods.

Attached Files
.rar   DO_NOT_FLASH_IF_YOU_ARE_NOT_VIRTUON_v2.rar (Size: 8.21 MB / Downloads: 3)

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Hello!
I did two screenshots and attached to the previous post. That XP-like picture inside the form.
I checked the new flashing package and it didn't work (
There was no messages or alerts. But the result was 1/0 in PowerShell when I started install.bat manually.
find
(09-15-2021, 08:51 AM)Virtuon Wrote: Hello!
I did two screenshots and attached to the previous post. That XP-like picture inside the form.
I checked the new flashing package and it didn't work (
There was no messages or alerts. But the result was 1/0 in PowerShell when I started install.bat manually.

Hmm... I'll think more on this, but it looks like we are probably going to have to continue with using hardware programmers. Excellent idea though. It may come in handy for another type of computer in the future.

A log file (if it even exists) would be helpful, though finding it is likely to be equivalent to going on a wild goose chase. I'll read through the install.bat file and see how it generally works. Maybe that will offer a clue.

www find
Unfortunately I couldn't find any log file there.
Well, let's wait when I get programmer.
find
is there something i can contribute?, i have the same laptop G513QY
find
Saw this thread after getting an Asus G513QM about 3 weeks ago.

My goal seems to be similar wanting to get access to Memory Timings, as I purchased a DDR4-3200 CL16 kit for this laptop but there is no XMP/DOCP/A-XMP type option for memory in the stock BIOS.

I'd be happy to contribute, never done any tinkering with BIOS myself though. So this would be all new to me.
find
Hey, i was reaplaying the liquid metal on this computer, and i saw that the bios chip is near the cpu, beneath the heat sink, so the only way to use the spi programmer is by disassembling that
find