Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6498
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308115
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61519
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19925
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168347
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5946
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 505
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5458
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60690
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274642
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 629
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24604
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693326
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 173936
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 907
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 504
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59496
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43044

SLIC 2.1 for Dell Precision T3500 N-series
#1
Hi folks -

Long-time visitor here but this is my first post. Smile

I have a Dell Precision T3500 N-series desktop, which unlike the non-N-series units, does not have SLIC 2.1 enabled in the BIOS. The BIOS file for the N-series is the same as the non-N-series units.
http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01514371...500A17.exe

I'm guessing the Dell EXE file knows that the SLIC 2.1 tables should not be present as flashing the BIOS doesn't put the SLIC tables there.

We have an army of regular T3500 units, all which have SLIC 2.1 tables enabled, and had I known what the N-series difference was (they don't ship with Windows and hence do not have SLIC 2.1 tables enabled) I would not have bought it. Sadly now we're stuck with it and I hope to get this resolved with a BIOS mod or some other way.

I tried WinPhlash to backup the BIOS on the regular unit and flash it over the N-series unit but WinPhlash doesn't seem to like the Dell BIOS and throws errors.

Any chance I can get a modded T3500 BIOS that can force-overwrite the N-series BIOS with the SLIC 2.1 tables? Thanks in advance.

Attaching RW Everything file from the N-series unit for reference.


Attached Files
.zip   AcpiTbls.zip (Size: 40.75 KB / Downloads: 10)
find
quote
#2
After many more hours of internet searching I came across this page which solved my issue:
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...post131377

I'll summarize what I did so the next person can save some hair pulling. Smile

*****************************************************************************************
Dell provides a tool which allows to change service tag:
http://ftp.us.dell.com/utility/R109071.exe

Run the EXE to extract the files, then copy the files to a bootable DOS floppy or USB

Boot to it and run this command: asset PASS:12/31
This sets the asset tag as PASS:12/31 which is a factory reset code

Reboot and the machine will be in manufacturer reset mode, resetting all BIOS settings and flags that restrict licensing functionality.
After the reboot the BIOS reports that all of your drives are missing but they'll come back after drive auto-detection.

Press F2 to enter the BIOS. Press ALT-F and then confirm to complete the factory reset. Reboot.

Go into BIOS again and customize settings as desired.

Dell Windows 7 OEM now auto-activates via the newly enabled BIOS SLIC 2.1 table.
*****************************************************************************************
find
quote
#3
(03-25-2015, 11:06 AM)wynn2015 Wrote: Hi folks -

Long-time visitor here but this is my first post. Smile

I have a Dell Precision T3500 N-series desktop, which unlike the non-N-series units, does not have SLIC 2.1 enabled in the BIOS. The BIOS file for the N-series is the same as the non-N-series units.
http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01514371...500A17.exe

I'm guessing the Dell EXE file knows that the SLIC 2.1 tables should not be present as flashing the BIOS doesn't put the SLIC tables there.

We have an army of regular T3500 units, all which have SLIC 2.1 tables enabled, and had I known what the N-series difference was (they don't ship with Windows and hence do not have SLIC 2.1 tables enabled) I would not have bought it. Sadly now we're stuck with it and I hope to get this resolved with a BIOS mod or some other way.

I tried WinPhlash to backup the BIOS on the regular unit and flash it over the N-series unit but WinPhlash doesn't seem to like the Dell BIOS and throws errors.

Any chance I can get a modded T3500 BIOS that can force-overwrite the N-series BIOS with the SLIC 2.1 tables? Thanks in advance.

Attaching RW Everything file from the N-series unit for reference.
Here i am sharing the quick fix with you that gives you best results and also don't allow you to stuck in BIOs and i order to get slic 2.1 for dell precision you acan state your requirement in Dell Official Forums:

In this case I would suggest you to release the static power and load BIOS defaults. The issue may be caused by the static power. Following are the steps to release the static power.

Remove the battery as well as the ac adapter from the system. Press and hold down power button pressed for 10 seconds.

Once done, load the BIOS defaults by using the followings steps-

Restart the system and start tapping the F2 key as soon as you see the Dell Logo. Once done. Press the “F9” key on the keyboard and then press the “F10” key.
 
Get help from Dell Precision T3500 Manual for other parameters.
find
quote
#4
(03-25-2015, 11:06 AM)wynn2015 Wrote: Hi folks -

Long-time visitor here but this is my first post. Smile

I have a Dell Precision T3500 N-series desktop, which unlike the non-N-series units, does not have SLIC 2.1 enabled in the BIOS. The BIOS file for the N-series is the same as the non-N-series units.
http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01514371...500A17.exe

I'm guessing the Dell EXE file knows that the SLIC 2.1 tables should not be present as flashing the BIOS doesn't put the SLIC tables there.

We have an army of regular T3500 units, all which have SLIC 2.1 tables enabled, and had I known what the N-series difference was (they don't ship with Windows and hence do not have SLIC 2.1 tables enabled) I would not have bought it. Sadly now we're stuck with it and I hope to get this resolved with a BIOS mod or some other way.

I tried WinPhlash to backup the BIOS on the regular unit and flash it over the N-series unit but WinPhlash doesn't seem to like the Dell BIOS and throws errors.

Any chance I can get a modded T3500 BIOS that can force-overwrite the N-series BIOS with the SLIC 2.1 tables? Thanks in advance.

Attaching RW Everything file from the N-series unit for reference.

Quote:Hi I just bought a refurbished T3500 N Series with Windows7 installed on it.

Does that mean the seller had already used some workaround to insert SLIC 2.1 tables in its BIOS, and I need not worry about it.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)