Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424120
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3551
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 209
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 160
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223707
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119093
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6734
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 350
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309485
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 563
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20213
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169133
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6259
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 765
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5732
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61102
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274942

[SOLVED] HP H-I41-uATX (Eton): QX6850 & Xeon Support
#1
Hello, I have a compaq CQ5315ES and it has a motherboard H-I41-uATX (Eton). The thing is that I would like to put a xeon, but I would need it the microcodes.
Bios: http://whp-aus2.cold.extweb.hp.com/pub/s...p57393.exe

Thank and sorry for my english.
find
quote
#2
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
P.S. The last BIOS has version 6.10a.
find
quote
#3
Screenshot Cpu-z:

[Image: 2u7lfdt.jpg]
[Image: 28rpy.jpg]
find
quote
#4
OK. What's Xeon you have?
Can you try to update BIOS to newer version?
BTW: sp48295.exe is your current BIOS.
find
quote
#5
(04-24-2016, 03:02 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: OK. What's Xeon you have?
Can you try to update BIOS to newer version?

Even I do not have it, because he was not sure of buying it for if it was not working (I would like it e5450).
 I have not tried to update the bios.
find
quote
#6
Try to update BIOS and post results.
find
quote
#7
For background information on this build please see my thread @ overclockers.com:
https://www.overclockers.com/forums/show...ne-s5-1014

The above thread details my progress and theory behind this potential CPU upgrade.
I have confirmed the G41 chipset is compatible with this CPU.
I have also tested the rig with the QX6850 installed and what I get is: the system posts and then an incompatibility warning. The system then powers down. This leads me to believe the CPU itself is compatible on a *hardware level* and we merely have a *software level - blacklist* issue relative to the BIOS.

I was thinking it would be really cool to get this CPU running in the aforementioned rig and I am reaching out for help and support and hopefully this will take me in the right direction. I know there will be naysayers. But this build is just for the fun of it. I have plenty of other systems I use as my daily drivers. I will be using ThrottleStop and speedstep to mitigate the extra heat so I'm doing everything that can be done to reduce TDP and heat. I have a decent low profile cooler.

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated. I would like to keep this positive and it's already been re-hashed in the other thread, I know I will be pushing the system into the red zone. But I also am an overclocker at heart and I enjoy pushing the envelope. I truly believe this can be done, and that's why I'm here.

HP z820, two Xeon E5 2696 v2 (3.5GHz turbo) CPUs 24C/48T, 24GB RAM, 4 SSDs RAID 0, MSI Radeon 5700 XT 8GB Gaming X GPU
HP z820, one Xeon E5 2650 v2 (3.4GHz turbo) CPU, 8C/16T, 8GB 1600MHz RAM, 4 Samsung SSDs in RAID 0, Radeon R4870 GPU
Intel Hexacore i5 9600KF @ 5.0GHz, liquid cooled, 16GB DDR4 @ 4133MHz, 512GB Samsung PRO 970 nvme
Intel Q9650 X4 @ 4.3GHz, 8GB RAM, SSD
find
quote
#8
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
Show a photo of the screen with "incompatibility warning".
find
quote
#9
(08-12-2018, 11:55 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
Show a photo of the screen with "incompatibility warning".

Here is the first request (first and third tabs of CPUz): Thanks for your quick response!
[Image: Capture_bios_mod.png]

-It's going to take me a couple hours to get around to installing the QX6850 again to fulfill the second request. I'll keep you updated.
find
quote
#10
OK. I'm waiting for requested photo...
Can you make TXT report of CPU-Z with your QX6850 on other system?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)