Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
HP 17-BS082ND, anybody ever see this kin...
Last Post: williamrodgers
Today 05:34 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1810
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6428
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14058
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424600
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3665
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 239
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 355
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224981
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119223
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 305
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6824
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 450
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309862
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62015
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 667
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20329
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169465
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6406

Samsung Desktop DB-Z60/Q180 AHCI
#1
Hi.

I want to enable AHCI on my computer.

So I tried SYMCMOS utility but after doing that the computer was not able to boot with the message "Operating System not found"Undecided.

Are there any ways to enable AHCI?

BIOS(Phoenix) Link : http://www.datafilehost.com/download-4af5e6f6.html
Version : 0GBX.5191.20110125.ATI
find
quote
#2
HI ,

i think the problem here in your OS as SYMCMOS has enabled the AHCI then your OS didn`t boot .
i think if you tried enabling the AHCI then installing the OS ( which supports AHCI like win. 7 but XP didn`t support it ) you will find it works well .

if i enabled or unlocked the option for you , it would be the same problem when you enable the AHCI .

anyway , try installing OS with the AHCI enabled and if this failed , i will unlock the option for you .


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#3
It's possible to force XP to use ahci. you just need to download correct ahci drivers for your chipset and force update the SATA driver with the ahci one ignoring warnings, then power off PC and on power on switch ahci on in bios.

I did with mine look Wink

[Image: ahcionxp.png]

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#4
NICE , i think you are right Smile .
i didn`t use win XP since 2 years Big Grin i used vista then win 7 but didn`t try anything with XP .


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#5
I know Win 7 works super fine, but i'm too lazy to update from XP Smile Next time my system crash will install Win7.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#6
I'm using 5 OSes (windows xp x86/x64, vista x64, 7 x64, ubuntu 11.04 x64) and my main os is Windows 7 x64.

I tried to boot with my Windows 7 DVD (SATA ODD), but I got the same message.

If I enable AHCI using SYMCMOS, the computer tries to boot with Intel PXE ROM.

And my BIOS detects SATA Devices in AHCI mode, but not in the boot device priority.

If the hard disk is detected and BIOS loads the MBR, the computer must display the Windows Boot Manager.
I also edited the registry to enable AHCI,. But the Boot Manager was not displayed either.

Is it because there is no AHCI/RAID module in BIOS?

P.S. : Is it possible to add microcode(s) to upgrade my cpu to E6700(wolfdale)?
find
quote
#7
WELL , there is no RAID module in your bios file , there are only modules for PXE and VGA but no RAID module.

as the option is found but the module wasn`t found , i think CAMILOML can insert the RAID module into your bios and i can unlock the option .


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#8
Enable ahci and boot from a linux live CD

open terminal and paste the result of a lspci -nnvvxxx

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#9
I tried to boot with Ubuntu 11.04 live cd, but I got the same message.

I will try an IDE ODD and will post the result.
find
quote
#10
I've tried to boot with an IDE ODD, but I got the same message againHuh.

I attached the report of lspci in IDE mode.

P.S. : Please unlock all of options which can be unlockedBig Grin.



Attached Files
.txt   lspciReport.txt (Size: 15.34 KB / Downloads: 3)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)