Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6514
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 119
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308170
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61530
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 297
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19932
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168385
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5961
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 511
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5465
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60709
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274658
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 639
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24609
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693465
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 173965
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 916
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 506
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59519
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43054

[Solved] Acer v3-772g InsydeH2O bios bricked. Recovery doesn't work
#1
Hi.

I recently updated my bios to the bios in this thread: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...ock--19200 even that my model isn't 100% the same. Bios was working perfectly until i'll started doing to many changes in the advance section. Now my computer wont load bios and its stuck on black-screen, all lights and fans are working. Therefore ill request an orginal bios file or a modified biosfile for bios recovery.

Im going to follow this tutorial: https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/...-recovery/
May try to use the FN + ESC if its not working with Win + B

Can someone help me out here? Big Grin


"New signature: Learning by doing"
find
quote
#2
#Update# Ive read about a guy with same problems i think. He said:

"HAPPYYYYYY!!! Thanks to Recovery!

No CMOS Battery or else...... just extract the Bios File from Acer,Rename it to VA70HWX64.fd,Format USB Stick to FAT32,Unplug Battery from Notebook,put USB Stick on left 1.USB Slot,Hold FN+Esc,push Power Button,after 30 sec. a signal Beep comes,no afraid,just wait....and voila..... the Acer Boot Logo apears!"

Source: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-A...ed?page=15

I have tried to do this myself but not working no messages at all. Im nor sure if im doing it right, ive tried to copy all files over to USB and rename FD-file to VA70HWX64.fd ive also tried to do it with single FD-file renamed. USB is FAT32 and all USB-ports have been used. I got my file from Acer drivers "Bios-Update".
find
quote
#3
Also tried to remove CMOS-battery
find
quote
#4
Hi friend,
which Bios version and which file You got ?
Spartan had the v.1.15 and your actual ?
Let me know
Regards

Here is the Recovery Bios v.1.15 :

http://rghost.net/67gXgmTbn

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#5
Thanks for your feedback! Smile

I had Insyde 1.15 stock. Trying to recover with your file but screen still black.
I did some changes on my videocard including changing value from 1200 to 2000 i think it was some power setting.
Maybe i have fried my graphic chip?
find
quote
#6
No I think that You have Boot Block issue and Bios cannot be Recovered by Itself !
So You need the tools (SPI PGM and Clip), look here :

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...val?page=3

Get the tools and I will help You to make the job !
Let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#7
Hi folks,
I've been trying to make Pci passthrough happen on my device, so I was playing around in the Advanced Tab of my modded bios. I don't remember which options I changed (I think i was messing with chipset options) but, now I don't have display on my screen.
When I press the power button, computer starts, fan starts spinning, and hdd busy led flashes for a second like a normal bootup. Even AC power jack beep works. But I have no display. Tried hdmi, but it's same.
I have also tried clearing cmos by removing cmos battery, waiting for 10-20minutes; tried bios recovery with fn+esc key combination with no luck. Usb recovery method worked before when I was trying to mod my bios. Used same usb flash to recover before but this time with no luck.
Removed all HDDs, pci wlan card, ram. Tried with different ram module. No display...

Similar thing happened before when I disabled the Optimus option. But that time, clearing cmos did the trick. I'm certain I didn't play with optimus this time butchanged a lot of pci-e options.

What should I do? Any suggestions apreciated.
Sorry for bad grammar.
find
quote
#8
Bought spi flasher. Gonna try flashing bios and me firmware. I'll report back in 2-3 days.
find
quote
#9
Good news! Reflashed bios chip with the ch341a spi flasher, and it works again!
Now I'm confident that I will be able to recover the bios again, I'll continue my pci-passthrough journey.
find
quote
#10
Hello, my name is Tobias,

yesterday I tried to reflash this (Biosbackup.bin) modified bios BDMaster made for me a few years ago.
I used the windows interface to flash the bios but unfortunately the screen completely freezed and an error similar to  this one showed up: "Unable to flash bios, no permissions"...


I turned of the Laptop, removed the battery and tried restart it... But nothing... No fan, not even the power indicator LED on the power button turned on. Just a black screen.
After that I tried to reflash the bios by emergency mode, but that was unpossible because there is no power on the USB port.

The last option I´ve known was to use my CH341 EEPROM programmer with SOIC-8 Clip. I completely disassembled the laptop, connected the clip to the bios chip and reflashed the bios. Unfortunatelly it´s still not working, the laptop looks like being dead...


The Bios chip is this one: MXIC MX 25L1673E M2I-10G, SOIC-8, 16MBit SPI Flash.
It has a capacity of 2MB but the BIOS rom a capacity of 4MB. I did a lil bit of research and found out that on this 4MB ROM could be also be in additon stored the intel ME (management interface) with 2MB of storage...  How can I remove this from the BIOS rom? Otherwise I´ll never be able to reflash the Bios properly.


What am I doing wrong? ;(

Hopefully someone can give me a lil tip to revive my laptop (Acer V3-772g-747a161TBDWakk) Undecided


Wish all of you an amazing day!


Tobias



EDIT: I recently found out that there is a MXIC MX 25L3273E M2I-10G, SOIC-8, 32MBit SPI Flash BIOS chip on the back side of the motherboard... This one has a capacity of 4MB´s... Probably this is the one I need to reflash... I´ll update this as soon as I reflashed it...

EDIT2: Could this second (2MB) BIOS Chip be for redundancy? Does that make sense?  ?

EDIT3: The second one (2MB) is for the EC.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
           
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)