Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 800
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108066
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9217
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8768
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14366
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425664
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227649
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7001
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310612
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62228

Sony Vaio VGN-FE31M (R0170J3) / VGN-FE41M (R0200J3)
#11
Hi there again, at this point I want to thank you, Ahmed, for your great support. I opened this thread september last year and asked for this bios mod. After having received the bios I had a massive problem. I was not able to flash in safe mode - but only safe mode was possible cause I have the well known problem of an integrated graphics with "cold contacts". To bring a long story to an end I managed to flash the laptop a few days ago with the modified bios. So I finally want to thank you for your efforts and give a positive feedback - the mod does work perfectly.

best regards from Germany
sharki Smile
find
quote
#12
(10-25-2012, 03:47 PM)sharki Wrote: Hi there again, at this point I want to thank you, Ahmed, for your great support. I opened this thread september last year and asked for this bios mod. After having received the bios I had a massive problem. I was not able to flash in safe mode - but only safe mode was possible cause I have the well known problem of an integrated graphics with "cold contacts". To bring a long story to an end I managed to flash the laptop a few days ago with the modified bios. So I finally want to thank you for your efforts and give a positive feedback - the mod does work perfectly.

best regards from Germany
sharki Smile

is this for the vgn-fe41m as well and does it give you the option to now run the 4gb ram the motherboard actualy supports?

(10-29-2012, 11:08 AM)asheyash Wrote:
(10-25-2012, 03:47 PM)sharki Wrote: Hi there again, at this point I want to thank you, Ahmed, for your great support. I opened this thread september last year and asked for this bios mod. After having received the bios I had a massive problem. I was not able to flash in safe mode - but only safe mode was possible cause I have the well known problem of an integrated graphics with "cold contacts". To bring a long story to an end I managed to flash the laptop a few days ago with the modified bios. So I finally want to thank you for your efforts and give a positive feedback - the mod does work perfectly.

best regards from Germany
sharki Smile

is this for the vgn-fe41m as well and does it give you the option to now run the 4gb ram the motherboard actualy supports?
and sorry can i use this one or has it got to be another request for an unlocked version of R0200J3 for my machine
thx
find
quote
#13
(10-25-2012, 03:47 PM)sharki Wrote: Hi there again, at this point I want to thank you, Ahmed, for your great support. I opened this thread september last year and asked for this bios mod. After having received the bios I had a massive problem. I was not able to flash in safe mode - but only safe mode was possible cause I have the well known problem of an integrated graphics with "cold contacts". To bring a long story to an end I managed to flash the laptop a few days ago with the modified bios. So I finally want to thank you for your efforts and give a positive feedback - the mod does work perfectly.

best regards from Germany
sharki Smile

How did you manage to flash the bios. ?? i have been unable to flash via windows or dos with ANY bios due to errors every program shows up.. "Platform error " is what i always recieve, something tells me its to do with the protection on the bios.

can you shed any light ?
find
quote
#14
(01-04-2012, 04:02 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: BIOS has been downloaded 24 times and no one left a feedback if its working or not !!
i will remove the bios if no one still give feedback its working or not .

EDIT : Thanks for SLY4YOU who confirmed bios is working .

Thanks for confirming,



Moved to unlocked /mod

would like to add, That this bios file worked on my Vaio VGN-FE31M model.

I spent over 6 hours trying to flash this bios onto my lapdancer from DOS with no joy, Only then did i think ahhh hang on a minute used my common sense and voila, within 2 minutes it was flashed.

The flash that BM link to doesnt work on the fe31m series !! and yes its a phoniex bios.

oh btw... i flashed from windows xp Wink not a single problem. i think this is a part of getting around the restrictive bios. Thanks sony.

original specs:
cpu - c2dm t5600 = 1.8ghz - 667 fsb
ram - 1gb ddr2 533 mhz
Hdd - 160gb 5400 rpm Sloooooooooow
win 7 pro 64x

New specs:
Cpu - c2dm T5800 = 2 Ghz - 800 fsb
Ram - 4Gb ddr2 667mhz
hdd - 120gb SSD fasssst
win 7 pro 64x

Feels like new again.

Faster than most laptops being sold today.

(01-04-2012, 04:02 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: BIOS has been downloaded 24 times and no one left a feedback if its working or not !!
i will remove the bios if no one still give feedback its working or not .

EDIT : Thanks for SLY4YOU who confirmed bios is working .

Thanks for confirming,



Moved to unlocked /mod

would like to add, That this bios file works on my Vaio VGN-FE31M model. I spent over 6 hours trying to flash this bios onto my lapdancer from DOS with no joy, Only then did i think ahhh hang on a minute used my common sense and voila, within 2 minutes it was flashed.

The flash that BM link to doesnt work on the fe31m series !! and yes its a phoniex bios.

oh btw... i flashed from windows xp Wink not a single problem. i think this is a part of getting around the restrictive bios. Thanks sony.

original specs:
cpu - c2dm t5600 = 1.8ghz - 667 fsb
ram - 1gb ddr2 533 mhz
Hdd - 160gb 5400 rpm Sloooooooooow
win 7 pro 64x

New specs:
Cpu - c2dm T5800 = 2 Ghz - 800 fsb
Ram - 4Gb ddr2 667mhz
hdd - 120gb SSD fasssst
win 7 pro 64x

Feels like new again.

Faster than most laptops being sold today.
find
quote
#15
Hi AHMED HOSSAM, i need your help, can you unloock Phoenix BIOS for me VGN-FE41M (R0200J3)?

Thank a lot.
Alonso.
find
quote
#16
Hello, new to the forum, i wanted to ask if there is any guide or tutorial about "how to install that* bios" ?

*Sony Vaio VGN-FE31M (R0170J3)

thanks
find
quote
#17
@Wireless: AHMED HOSSAM wrote a Tutorial about that, which can be found in this forum marked as Hot topic.

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-HO...BIOS--7426

@all: So if I get this right: The modded FE31M Bios file is also to be used with FE41M?
And if so: will flashing this kind of Bios solve the problem of a missing BIOS Password? (Sony seems not to help customers which bought their VaIO on ebay :_Smile
Further: Will it be possible with the new Bios flashed (and hopefully gotten rid of that Password) to enable SATAs AHCI mode? I'm working actually with an OCZ Vertex 2 which gives me some performance gain but not as much as it did in my PC.
Oh before I forget:
My Sys Specs:
VGN-FE41M
CPU: C2D T5500 (looking for an Upgrade to T7600)
VGA: Nvidia Go 7400 64Mb
RAM: Team Xtreme 2x2Gb @533
HDD: OCZ Vertex 2
OS: Win 7 32Bit

Thank for your help and Answers
and greetings from Germany

Nviduum
find
quote
#18
Hi everybody Smile,

I have a vgn-fe41e. I'm sure it has the same motherboard as vgn-fe41m. According this I can use the MOD Bios posted here?

In another vein, can I upgrade the ram to 4gb with this mod?

Thanks a lot for your replies

I'm new here, if I break any rule please say it to me. Sorry for my mistakes writing in English.
find
quote
#19
@David_Ohh: If so (as the two boards/bioses are the same) you'll get 4 GBytes of RAM to work even without modding the bios.
Your only concern should be that it's a quality RAM from Samsung or Kingston (don't use the HyperX Series, those did not to work for me).
As you can see, I'm running fine with Team Xtreme Memory 2x2 Gbytes PC6400 @533Mhz

Well I just tried to flash Ahmeds modified BIOS, BUT: Phlash16 and Winphlash both quit with an Error saying: "Platform Signature not found in the interface".
Anyone has an idea? In winphlash it's not even possible to open the advanced options.

And: did anybody here manage to get rid of the bios-pw? I argued with Sony's support for 3 days now including the pre-owner of the vaio but they won't give me an unlock code-.-

So Long
Nviduum
find
quote
#20
Hello againSmile

I'm still trying but I've not managed flashing tghe BIOS.
So: Is there a difference between the FE31M and the FE41M BIOS?
If so: could someone of your team be so kind and mod me the FE41M file?


Kind regards
Nviduum
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)