Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 293
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55284
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:16 PM
» Replies: 138
» Views: 40945
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64120
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4094
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6556
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: drradkin
Yesterday 12:30 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2501
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 137
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 84
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52166
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167077
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 230
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
Last Post: Dudu2002
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 322
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 134
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 118
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6328
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 135
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125398
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 317020
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite A300D PSAK0C...
Last Post: 1000palladium
03-25-2024 10:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 227

Toshiba A135-S4467
Bane of my existence: http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/System-Reco...d-p/605569

Basically, I wasn't aware of this Advanced Format thing... got the A135-S4467 off ebay. Bought a 500Gb WD Blue drive off New Egg. Bought recovery media from Toshiba.

Go to install everything, looks good... get the initializing firs time thing. End result...

Windows Setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware.

-------

From what little research I have found it is because I am trying to use an Advanced Format drive, which apparently the one I got is...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6822236498

The suggestions to fix this all had to do with RST drivers or some such crap. Well apparently I am still doing something wrong as no matter what I do I come up with he hardware thing.

All that being said, it said the whole driver thing can be avoided by enabling AHCI or I think IDE in the BIOS. Well the 1.10 phoenix bios currently on this system has no such setting.

By some miracle I landed here and am seeking help in getting a Phoenix Bios for the A135-S4467 that will allow me to enable AHCI so I don't need any [censored] drivers and can FINALLY use these recovery media discs I ordered from Toshiba along with the HDD I bought, linked above, and get a working system as I desperately need it or my job.

Ty.

Edit: I would love it too that when a BIOS is provided for testing that someone, with great detail, steps out (1, 2, etc.) how I can flash the bios with the lowest chance of bricking which seems to be from prompt using a bootable USB which I do not have but have a drive I can make one from.

8Gb Cruzer Switch

Ty.
find
Hello Suspense_Lover,

I will take a look at your BIOS image to see what can be unlocked.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Hello Suspense_Lover,

It appears that there are several BIOS updates available for your computer. Is there a specific reason why you want the v1.1 BIOS modded or do you want me to modify the most recent BIOS version?

http://support.toshiba.com/support/model...xt=1598559

Click on "Drivers & Updates", then "BIOS" to see the list.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(08-17-2014, 05:30 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello Suspense_Lover,

It appears that there are several BIOS updates available for your computer. Is there a specific reason why you want the v1.1 BIOS modded or do you want me to modify the most recent BIOS version?

http://support.toshiba.com/support/model...xt=1598559

Click on "Drivers & Updates", then "BIOS" to see the list.

Sorry, didn't mean to make it sound like I need 1.1 mmoded, just that 1.1 is what's currently on the laptop and has no AHCI setting which should allow me to use Advanced Format drives without the previously described error ?

Can you confirm or deny hat BTW ? Would hate to flash a BIOS to get AHCI if setting AHCI wont help.

As for which BIOS to mod, that's up to you I suppose as long as the end result is an AHCI setting, assuming that setting will allow me to use Advanced Format drives without having to worry about trying and failing with drivers.
find
Hello Suspense_Lover,

There is a 100% safe way to test whether or not enabling AHCI will help in your situation without actually flashing your BIOS.

You can modify the CMOS NVRAM with symcmos in order to safely change BIOS settings without flashing the BIOS. Any unwanted changes that prevent you from booting the computer can be reverted by removing the CMOS battery. This is how I enabled AHCI on my notebook without flashing.

To dump your NVRAM Token Table, please follow the following:

1.) Create a bootable flashdrive or CD with DOS on it.

2.) After that, extract this archive onto the flashdrive. The file inside is the symcmos program.

3.) Boot into your bootable DOS media and run the following command:

Quote:symcmos -v2 -LDefault.txt ; "Default.txt" is an example file name

4.) Upload the file that you created by running the command above. This .txt file is a copy of all of the saved BIOS settings from the CMOS NVRAM.

I am going to use this file to enable AHCI in your BIOS.

~Steven

www find
(08-17-2014, 07:05 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello Suspense_Lover,

There is a 100% safe way to test whether or not enabling AHCI will help in your situation without actually flashing your BIOS.

You can modify the CMOS NVRAM with symcmos in order to safely change BIOS settings without flashing the BIOS. Any unwanted changes that prevent you from booting the computer can be reverted by removing the CMOS battery. This is how I enabled AHCI on my notebook without flashing.

To dump your NVRAM Token Table, please follow the following:

1.) Create a bootable flashdrive or CD with DOS on it.

2.) After that, extract this archive onto the flashdrive. The file inside is the symcmos program.

3.) Boot into your bootable DOS media and run the following command:

Quote:symcmos -v2 -LDefault.txt ; "Default.txt" is an example file name

4.) Upload the file that you created by running the command above. This .txt file is a copy of all of the saved BIOS settings from the CMOS NVRAM.

I am going to use this file to enable AHCI in your BIOS.

~Steven

I'm gonna need help with 1.

Not sure where to begin but I have an 8Gb USB drive to use.

If you don't mind, since this is all new to me, I would appreciate help as if you were trying to tell a 10yr old how to do this even though I'll be 33 on the 30th lol

Ty.

Edit: Also, I don't even know if I can access the battery without pulling the bottom half on he system and that's caused problems for me with other systems in the past.

Also, how do I know if my cmos battery is even still any good ? Not sure on the age of this system or what it's been through.

Think I got it...

Attached Files
.txt   DEFAULT.TXT (Size: 7.07 KB / Downloads: 1)
find
EDIT: I just saw your post edit. I am going to leave the instructions below for future reference for other people. I do plan on importing it the the bios-mods Wiki.

Hello Suspense_Lover,

Creating a bootable USB flashdrive with DOS on it:

1.) Plug the flashdrive into your computer.

2.) Download this utility to your computer and launch it. This allows you to create bootable USB flashdrives with one of various different operating system choices.

3.) Click on " == Select Distribution == " (ignore the quotes). A drop-down menu will appear.

4.) Scroll down until you find the option named "FreeDOS". Click this option.

5.) Near the bottom-right corner of the window, you will see the text "Drive:". Click the bar to the right of it and make sure that your USB flashdrive is selected in the drop-down menu that appears.

6.) Make sure to backup all data on the USB flashdrive as it will be erased by the next step.

7.) Click "OK". This should download and install FreeDOS to the USB flashdrive.

8.) Proceed with the steps from my previous post.

If you need help with any of the other steps, please ask.

www find
(08-17-2014, 08:01 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: EDIT: I just saw your post edit. I am going to leave the instructions below for future reference for other people. I do plan on importing it the the bios-mods Wiki.

Hello Suspense_Lover,

Creating a bootable USB flashdrive with DOS on it:

1.) Plug the flashdrive into your computer.

2.) Download this utility to your computer and launch it. This allows you to create bootable USB flashdrives with one of various different operating system choices.

3.) Click on " == Select Distribution == " (ignore the quotes). A drop-down menu will appear.

4.) Scroll down until you find the option named "FreeDOS". Click this option.

5.) Near the bottom-right corner of the window, you will see the text "Drive:". Click the bar to the right of it and make sure that your USB flashdrive is selected in the drop-down menu that appears.

6.) Make sure to backup all data on the USB flashdrive as it will be erased by the next step.

7.) Click "OK". This should download and install FreeDOS to the USB flashdrive.

8.) Proceed with the steps from my previous post.

If you need help with any of the other steps, please ask.
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-H...GINAL-BIOS

I found this and followed it to make the boot drive. I even copied the plash thing in case I need it but in my last reply I attached the txt file u wanted.

Should I just go ahead an flash the BIOS because I'd rather try that then take apart half of the laptop just to pop the cmos battery, I mean flashing should be safe since it's done from prompt.
find
Hello Suspense_Lover,

It appears that your BIOS does not have a setting to enable AHCI. I took a look at the most recent BIOS version and this does not contain the AHCI option either.

You may want to rethink updating your BIOS though. Here is a changelog from Lenovo for each BIOS update:

Quote: Change History

Version 1.90 - 2009-01-14
Added a workaround to cover incorrect EEPROM data that causes a password to be set.
Version 1.70 - 2008-05-14
Implemented the LoJack function.
Added a workaround for an automatic password set issue.
Added battery information for the Computrace Agent installer.
Version 1.60 - 2007-07-23
Updated the BIOS code to show the total memory capacity in the BIOS setup menu.
Added a workaround in the BIOS code to prevent a password protection (spontaneous password) issue.
A change was made to in the EC BIOS code to prevent a PWR_OK signal glitch when turning off the computer in battery mode.
Version 1.50 - 2007-05-28
The CPU microcode and Celeron M 530 function was updated.
Version 1.40 - 2007-05-23
A BIOS update was applied due to Intel's request.
Version 1.30 - 2007-04-09
A workaround was implemented to correct a Realtek 8101E LAN Driver 186.1103.2006 issue that caused the computer to automatically wake from hibernation.
Version 1.20 - 2007-03-12
The Intel micro-code was updated because some T2060 processors would be incorrectly configured.
Corrected: Second HDD failures when waking from S4. (Hibernation)
Added: "Critical Battery Wake-up" item in Setup.
Corrected an issue where the "Fn sticky key" function was still enabled after waking from "Ctrl+Alt+Del -- lock this computer".
A modification was made to avoid current leakage from SPK_SEL to finger printer.
Implemented wakeup from S3 when battery capacity is less than 6%.

Sorry, I was working on this post, but got distracted and could not post it before your other post.

www find
(08-17-2014, 09:12 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello Suspense_Lover,

It appears that your BIOS does not have a setting to enable AHCI. I took a look at the most recent BIOS version and this does not contain the AHCI option either.

You may want to rethink updating your BIOS though. Here is a changelog from Lenovo for each BIOS update:

Quote: Change History

Version 1.90 - 2009-01-14
Added a workaround to cover incorrect EEPROM data that causes a password to be set.
Version 1.70 - 2008-05-14
Implemented the LoJack function.
Added a workaround for an automatic password set issue.
Added battery information for the Computrace Agent installer.
Version 1.60 - 2007-07-23
Updated the BIOS code to show the total memory capacity in the BIOS setup menu.
Added a workaround in the BIOS code to prevent a password protection (spontaneous password) issue.
A change was made to in the EC BIOS code to prevent a PWR_OK signal glitch when turning off the computer in battery mode.
Version 1.50 - 2007-05-28
The CPU microcode and Celeron M 530 function was updated.
Version 1.40 - 2007-05-23
A BIOS update was applied due to Intel's request.
Version 1.30 - 2007-04-09
A workaround was implemented to correct a Realtek 8101E LAN Driver 186.1103.2006 issue that caused the computer to automatically wake from hibernation.
Version 1.20 - 2007-03-12
The Intel micro-code was updated because some T2060 processors would be incorrectly configured.
Corrected: Second HDD failures when waking from S4. (Hibernation)
Added: "Critical Battery Wake-up" item in Setup.
Corrected an issue where the "Fn sticky key" function was still enabled after waking from "Ctrl+Alt+Del -- lock this computer".
A modification was made to avoid current leakage from SPK_SEL to finger printer.
Implemented wakeup from S3 when battery capacity is less than 6%.

Sorry, I was working on this post, but got distracted and could not post it before your other post.
Ok, so even if I upgrade the BIOS to 1.9 you still said there's no AHCI setting that would maybe help me use this drive which means I have to try the RST driver thing again which didn't work before. But thats maybe because I did "load drivers" from the recovery discs when I think this is what I should have done.

1) Install Recovery Stuff
2) Boot to USB install RST via exe file
3) Reboot to get that initializing for the first time stuff.
find