Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 88
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 101458
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 514
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2868
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 7257
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6978
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14333
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 243
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425382
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3831
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 522
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 324
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 542
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227337
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119527
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 382
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6989
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 610
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310541
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62214

[Unlocked] Acer S3-391
#11
is the error insyde secureflash invalid firmware image many persons with acer v 2 bios get this error you can bypass this error if you flash it through the recovery procedure with a usb drive
find
quote
#12
Yes that's the error.. I'll try the USB flash
find
quote
#13
The insyde bios recovery steps are :-
1.Format a Fat/Fat 16 usb drive
2.put your bios file(iscflash.bin/.fd inside the usb drive
3.Shut down your notebook
4.Remove battery,usb peripherals,pendrives,Ac Adapter
5.press and hold power button for 10 seconds(Ac adapter /charger unplugged)
6.Hold Fn+Esc while holding Fn+Esc insert usb drive which contains your bios file
7.Still keep holding Fn+Esc now press the power button while holding Fn+Esc Fan will get fast and after a few minutes bios will be flashed the screen will remain black while flashing bios
find
quote
#14
@Republic of Gamers The invlid flash error is some form of bios protection used in new Acer bios. A popular method to bypass it is to use Intel's flash programmign tool, fptw, to flash the modded rom since the check happens by InsydeFlash.exe. Fptw expects the bios rom to contains all the unique settings, like a serial number, UUID, etc, and the rom from the installer doesn't have this so the sizes wont match. So you have modify the rom that's dumped with fptw, then reflash that rom Smile
find
quote
#15
Now I'm confused on which way to go.....do I use the Intel flash tool or go with USB method ?
find
quote
#16
Lol wait for Republic Of Gamers to get back before you do anything to hasty
find
quote
#17
(01-11-2014, 03:53 PM)donovan6000 Wrote: Lol wait for Republic Of Gamers to get back before you do anything to hasty

Trust in Donovan ! He is the Best One !!!
And I can witness it !
With regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#18
(01-11-2014, 03:53 PM)donovan6000 Wrote: Lol wait for Republic Of Gamers to get back before you do anything to hasty

Hello!
Donovan I saw that many persons are getting this error but some of them bypass the error through the recovery method but some cant they just hear some beeps any the notebook boots normally but yesterday I bought a new acer notebook and I modded its bios and flashed it using insyde flash and I also got the error invalid firmware image and I tried the recovery procedure but it just beeped at me 4 times and booted normal so I heard of a way to change the hidden values without modding it using fptw tool but I dont know how to flash a modded bios with this toolTongue Can you please give me some advice on using intel flash programming tool(fptw tool) to flash a modified bios so that I can get some help and also for helping others
find
quote
#19
(01-12-2014, 12:18 AM)Republic Of Gamers Wrote: Hello!
Donovan I saw that many persons are getting this error but some of them bypass the error through the recovery method but some cant they just hear some beeps any the notebook boots normally but yesterday I bought a new acer notebook and I modded its bios and flashed it using insyde flash and I also got the error invalid firmware image and I tried the recovery procedure but it just beeped at me 4 times and booted normal so I heard of a way to change the hidden values without modding it using fptw tool but I dont know how to flash a modded bios with this toolTongue Can you please give me some advice on using intel flash programming tool(fptw tool) to flash a modified bios so that I can get some help and also for helping others

For some reason, I slightly suspect you of being Eternal Mangekyou's third profile. I'm almost certain your not, but your similar to him in some ways. Don't take this to seriously though, I'm just thinking out loud Tongue

Anyhow, Intel's flash programming tool is capable to dumping your entire bios chip, which consists of several regions. These regions are things like the flash descriptor, ME firmware, GPE, BIOS, etc. Usually the flash descriptor sets it so that you only have read/write access to the bios region of the chip. There are different leaked versions of this utility that support different Intel chipsets. So you'll need to get the version that supports your computer chipset. Also I think it was Svl7 who was the first to discover that using fptw to flash the bios would bypass the invalid bios error on Acer computers.

So here's how to dump just the bios part:

Code:
fptw.exe -d output.bin -BIOS

You'll notice that the bios region contains things like the EFI global variables and serial numbers. These things aren't in the bios directly from the Acer's bios update. You can then modify the bios dump with any method you want, then to flash it:

Code:
fptw.exe -f output.bin -BIOS

Then I also encourage people to verify the flash just to make sure everything went right:

Code:
fptw.exe -VERIFY output.bin -BIOS

However a better goal would be to find out where the validation check is in the official installer is so that we won't have to rely on leaked tools Big Grin
find
quote
#20
(01-12-2014, 01:23 AM)donovan6000 Wrote:
(01-12-2014, 12:18 AM)Republic Of Gamers Wrote: Hello!
Donovan I saw that many persons are getting this error but some of them bypass the error through the recovery method but some cant they just hear some beeps any the notebook boots normally but yesterday I bought a new acer notebook and I modded its bios and flashed it using insyde flash and I also got the error invalid firmware image and I tried the recovery procedure but it just beeped at me 4 times and booted normal so I heard of a way to change the hidden values without modding it using fptw tool but I dont know how to flash a modded bios with this toolTongue Can you please give me some advice on using intel flash programming tool(fptw tool) to flash a modified bios so that I can get some help and also for helping others

For some reason, I slightly suspect you of being Eternal Mangekyou's third profile. I'm almost certain your not, but your similar to him in some ways. Don't take this to seriously though, I'm just thinking out loud Tongue

Anyhow, Intel's flash programming tool is capable to dumping your entire bios chip, which consists of several regions. These regions are things like the flash descriptor, ME firmware, GPE, BIOS, etc. Usually the flash descriptor sets it so that you only have read/write access to the bios region of the chip. There are different leaked versions of this utility that support different Intel chipsets. So you'll need to get the version that supports your computer chipset. Also I think it was Svl7 who was the first to discover that using fptw to flash the bios would bypass the invalid bios error on Acer computers.

So here's how to dump just the bios part:

Code:
fptw.exe -d output.bin -BIOS

You'll notice that the bios region contains things like the EFI global variables and serial numbers. These things aren't in the bios directly from the Acer's bios update. You can then modify the bios dump with any method you want, then to flash it:

Code:
fptw.exe -f output.bin -BIOS

Then I also encourage people to verify the flash just to make sure everything went right:

Code:
fptw.exe -VERIFY output.bin -BIOS

However a better goal would be to find out where the validation check is in the official installer is so that we won't have to rely on leaked tools Big Grin

I am not Eternal Mangekyou I have seen his posts and he was only asking for donations and he didn't successfully modded a single bios Tongue but why do you think I am Eternal Mangekyou. So I used this tool and it generates a output.bin so do i have to modify the dump the same way as I modded bios and I saw in the download page of fptw that it.overites the bios region without warning even if something is wrong so can notebooks be recovered if something goes wrong while using fptw
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)