Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow @ Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X5460 cpu on DP35DP intel motherboard
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong section but I really didn't understand where else to post this.

I have a Intel DP35DP motherboard and Core 2 duo processor, after reading a ton of material and watching youtube videos i realised that i could upgrade to a Xeon X5460 that was modded for socket 775. I visited several websites and asked the x5460 seller also and everywhere I found that my motherboard should be compatible with the X5460. But, now that I got the 775 modded X5460 and installed it along with a new heatsink, my pc does not boot to bios, it just turns on and is stuck in that state, no beeps or worrying sounds whatsoever. I installed the latest BIOS version (released in 2009) i could find for my DP35DP and cleared CMOS by removing the battery for around 10 hours. I have also tried the Jumper CMOS clearing method and nothing seems to work. 

When I install the previous Core 2 Duo, everything works fine.

I would appreciate your assistance in this matter at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for reading and hope you all have a great day.
find
This motherboard isn't compatible with Xeon for LGA771. Its BIOS isn't moddable without hardware programmer.
find
(03-01-2017, 11:15 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: This motherboard isn't compatible with Xeon for LGA771. Its BIOS isn't moddable without hardware programmer.

Hi Deathbringer,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you tell me which motherboard i could buy so I can use the x5460? I prefer a used one that wouldn't set me back much.

Thanks
find
http://www.delidded.com/lga-771-to-775-adapter/3/
find
(03-01-2017, 11:49 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: http://www.delidded.com/lga-771-to-775-adapter/3/

Thanks dude, have a great day
find