Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
Last Post: Alxstroi
Yesterday 11:08 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 71379
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 10:51 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6600
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Yesterday 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22073
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41011
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Yesterday 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317255
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Yesterday 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101107
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Yesterday 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2526
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Yesterday 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 342
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Yesterday 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55344
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64139
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4105
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
03-27-2024 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 152
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
03-27-2024 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 102
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52234
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167333
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 243
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 335
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 150
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 134

[request] Update microcode in HP BIOS for IPIBL-LB Motherboard
(12-23-2018, 11:55 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: enyel - I only mentioned CPU Ratio, not FSB (Sorry, I don't think it was in the BIOS or I would have mentioned that too)

antidote - same CPU model does not mean same CPU at all always, that's why I asked same SSPEC or not, you'll have to look on the cover of each CPU to compare.  If both are retail then they should be the same >> SLBBF  but if one is ES/QC version it could be QFVH

So neither BEN5 (Set to Supervisor) or the mod BIOS I sent you (made from 543_ir10, already set to "USER"), you could see CPU multiplier?

I only have one X5470 CPU, and probably 5-6 IPIBL-LB motherboards. First I chose my "basement" computer to test out the X5470 CPU. It went 10x with full fan speed. Then I plugged the same X5470 CPU into my workhorse / daily machine and I was getting only 9.5x.

That's when I realized something must have been different between the boards...

None of the .rom files I have used so far (including the latest from you) allowed me to set the multiplier in the BIOS. I wish this option worked, to get a bit more juice out of these Xeon babies Smile . Apparently they can go into 4GHz range no problem, that would be something!
find
Antidot, did you overclock any of the x5460? If so which software did you use, as none of those i've tried is able to change fsb, i dont find the suitable one, also, did you get into advanced bios in any of the boards?? Mine is plugged into an oem hp and it's supoosed i could access with ctrl+alt+f10 but none of my attemps has brought me into that mode
find
(12-24-2018, 08:18 PM)enyel Wrote: Antidot, did you overclock any of the x5460? If so which software did you use, as none of those i've tried is able to change fsb, i dont find the suitable one, also, did you get into advanced bios in any of the boards?? Mine is plugged into an oem hp and it's supoosed i could access with ctrl+alt+f10 but none of my attemps has brought me into that mode

I haven't overclocked anything with the IPIBL-LB, yet. Waiting for a BIOS guru on this forum to potentially help me out Smile . Been wondering if the BIOS can be set for a FIXED 10.5x, 11x or whatever?

Different bios file for different set multiplier, and overclock it that way ....
find
We can test setting a multiplier in the BIOS via BIOS mod, then if it sticks that way, we can probably raise/set a certain amount per BIOS like you wanted. This will of course be limited to the Intel set max CPU multiplier per CPU.

Here, please test, set to 08 CPU multiplier. Is 8x the default after flashing and loading optimal, and can you still change it upwards?
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...5857741637
find
(12-27-2018, 02:49 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: We can test setting a multiplier in the BIOS via BIOS mod, then if it sticks that way, we can probably raise/set a certain amount per BIOS like you wanted.  This will of course be limited to the Intel set max CPU multiplier per CPU.  

Here, please test, set to 08 CPU multiplier.  Is 8x the default after flashing and loading optimal, and can you still change it upwards?
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...5857741637

Hmm, no go. Makes no difference, whatsoever. The CPU behaves just like before. Jumps automatically from 6x (idling) to 10x (loaded) multiplier on its own. It doesn't stay fixed.

In the BIOS under the "advanced" tab all CPU related information is grayed out (ALL .rom files are the same). It states the model, frequency and multiplier, but NO changes allowed. I have a feeling there has to be something more to this problem, beyond the BIOS.

In my case, same CPU, two different boards, same BIOS on both, one board does 9.5X the other one 10x multiplier. So, this "controlling" information seems to be coming from somewhere else other than the BIOS, me thinks.....

I've run out of ideas to try for now.

Thanks a million for being patient with me and creating new BIOS files to test.

Happy Holidays and all the best in the New Year!
find
So, to make the long story short, ALL LGA 771 Xeon processors have LOCKED multipliers.

Just tried CrystalCPUID where you can set the "Intel Enhanced SpeedStep" and the multiplier can be set lower than 10x no problem, but NOT any higher. I did a little bit of research on this subject, there's tons of info on this.

The only other alternative is to speed up the FSB from 333MHz to something higher. The Intel G33 chipset doesn't like it, the screen freezes when I up it a little bit.

IPIBL-LB is a cheap board, you get what you pay for. It can be unlocked to support RAID 0, 1 and 5. Do a 771 to 775 mod, plug in a decent speed Xeon and voila. Case closed Smile !

Happy Holidays
find
Lock multipliers simply means you cannot raise it above Intel spec max multi, that is normal for all Intel CPU's except "Extreme or K" models
Surprised that 8x didn't stick or at least get set, there must be some other lock holding it in place and the setting hidden from you too.

If it wasn't such an old BIOS I'd have more tricks to get it visible and working for you, but since this is such an old BIOS not many tools or methods for this other than what is already done (It should be visible and adjustable). Probably someone good at hex could fix this, but I can't remember those methods it was too long ago Sad

FSB Changes would be easier too, if someone would find the PCI and PCIE clocks and lock them to 33/100 for you, auto is likely what they are set to now and that's why FSB increase kills it in a short FSB increase.

You can disable C1E and EIST on the "Power" page and that will stop the CPU multiplier from fluctuating

Happy New Year to you as well!
find
(12-29-2018, 12:02 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Lock multipliers simply means you cannot raise it above Intel spec max multi, that is normal for all Intel CPU's except "Extreme or K" models  
Surprised that 8x didn't stick or at least get set, there must be some other lock holding it in place and the setting hidden from you too.  

If it wasn't such an old BIOS I'd have more tricks to get it visible and working for you, but since this is such an old BIOS not many tools or methods for this other than what is already done (It should be visible and adjustable).  Probably someone good at hex could fix this, but I can't remember those methods it was too long ago Sad

FSB Changes would be easier too, if someone would find the PCI and PCIE clocks and lock them to 33/100 for you, auto is likely what they are set to now and that's why FSB increase kills it in a short FSB increase.

You can disable C1E and EIST on the "Power" page and that will stop the CPU multiplier from fluctuating

Happy New Year to you as well!

Can't disable anything on the Power page. Only AC failure, XD and VT. That's it.

C1E can be managed through Windows' Power Management -> Max CPU usage...

When changed to 70%, it goes down to 7x multiplier. Fine, but I want it faster NOT slower Smile

At this point we can throw a kitchen sink at it, won't help much. I'm happy, as is. Runs at 3.33GHz, RAID 0 (3 drives) and SSD for the OS. GB network, and all the plugs you can think of. I don't play games, so for surfing and home related stuff it's more than enough ... Perfect for media centers (have 4 of them). Cheap, fast and reliable, so far (knock on wood).

Old school... hehe

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers
find
Dang, EIST and C1E are missing for you too! What does everyone say about all this on that thread where you got the BEN5 BIOS or the original one I updated the microcodes in for you? Is everyone missing all these settings, or only certain systems with same boards?

You're welcome! I hate to see that towel tossed in, but yes this is much older and OEM system, so not much can be tried that hasn't already.
find
(12-29-2018, 01:52 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Dang, EIST and C1E are missing for you too!  What does everyone say about all this on that thread where you got the BEN5 BIOS or the original one I updated the microcodes in for you?  Is everyone missing all these settings, or only certain systems with same boards?
As far as I can tell, everyone must be missing them. As I stated before I have 5 or 6 machines in the house ALL running HP / ASUS IPIBL-LB boards. I've tried ALL the BIOS files posted on the internet, none gave me any "extra" settings ....
find