Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
sgx enabling bios help
Last Post: wafa
Today 08:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 23
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Sergio717
Today 05:17 AM
» Replies: 656
» Views: 167534
M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
Last Post: Alxstroi
Yesterday 11:08 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 71446
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 10:51 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6609
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Yesterday 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22109
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41059
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Yesterday 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 117
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317375
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Yesterday 10:51 AM
» Replies: 487
» Views: 101149
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Yesterday 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2530
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Yesterday 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 353
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Yesterday 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55370
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64156
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4110
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
03-27-2024 04:08 AM
» Views: 109
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52247
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 251
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 339
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 158
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 142

[solved] p5kc bios need ahci
New BIOS works, yet again, but, unfortunetly, no AHCI yet. This time, when you enter SATA Configuration, the option SATA Mode appears... If you select Compatible or Enhanced for the mode, a new option apeats on top of this one, and its the Configure SATA as... option. Yet again, only IDE can be selected. So essentialy, these two fields are reversed.

Don't know if you know for sure, but how whould downgrading to the 0401 BIOS version affect the motherboard. I guess that AHCI would be anabled for ICH9 and JMicron as well, but will I lose support for anything else? I'm running an Intel Core2 DUO E6550 cpu and 4GB of DDR2, so preaty standard. Don't think I need support for new processors, like updates before this version clame to have.

Could I spare you some time, and just downgrade to this version? Will it do the job?
find
(06-28-2011, 12:07 PM)clutch16b Wrote: New BIOS works, yet again, but, unfortunetly, no AHCI yet. This time, when you enter SATA Configuration, the option SATA Mode appears... If you select Compatible or Enhanced for the mode, a new option apeats on top of this one, and its the Configure SATA as... option. Yet again, only IDE can be selected. So essentialy, these two fields are reversed.

Don't know if you know for sure, but how whould downgrading to the 0401 BIOS version affect the motherboard. I guess that AHCI would be anabled for ICH9 and JMicron as well, but will I lose support for anything else? I'm running an Intel Core2 DUO E6550 cpu and 4GB of DDR2, so preaty standard. Don't think I need support for new processors, like updates before this version clame to have.

Could I spare you some time, and just downgrade to this version? Will it do the job?

You can try, i don't think there would be a problem. Anyway i will look again for that missing options. SH1T!!! Can't believe i misslooked that Sad sorry.

I have uploaded v2 file for test, with the missing options now corrected and hopefully selectables. Wait your news Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
Oh, My , God (you know, like Janice in Friends Big Grin)... U R DA MAN!!! Thak you sooooooo much for your help on this topic... Finaly I can confirm that AHCI is working propperly on the board, no problems what-so-ever with any of the components... and I have Intel Turbo Memory too... great. Thanx again.
find
Glad to hear that Wink

Enjoy your modded bios.

Nice day
Camilo.

Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
Hello. Sorry for my English. Please, please, please give the password to a file. Thank you!
find
(06-28-2011, 02:24 PM)camiloml Wrote: Glad to hear that Wink

Enjoy your modded bios.

Nice day
Camilo.

Hi Camilo, I have finally gotten a SSD for use with my p5KC asus board and have come across what was otherwise unknown the same problem mentioned here. I was wondering if u would make available the modded bios for using AHCI please.

thanks for your time

Jay/Ebola

find
That bios is available freely. Read my signature and you will find it Wink

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
I've flashed this modded bios to my p5kc without problems, nice to see people working on such stuff.
But now i have a problem.

Basicly i wanted to enable AHCI, but crossflash or downgrade was not possible for me (as my q9505 is only supported on the latest bios), so i came across this modded bios and flashed it.Now the problem is when i select ahci mode for sata and when i exit bios, it wont detect my drives at all.It just hangs at "Auto-Detecting AHCI Port 1" and goes nowhere.
If i set the mode back to IDE, it works just fine.
Now im wondering if this could be the issue with this bios or maybe i set something wrong ?

I have an HDD if that matters and i wanted ahci to enable NCQ and maybe in the near future ill stick in an SSD, which will require ahci afaik.

find
There are many versions of p5kc, epu, se, .... Each one needs its own bios. Ensure this is for your board cause it's reported working.

Also trying resseting cmos and rebooting before activating ahci.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mydxmc3gw4...miloml.exe

this is the file, it has 35 downloads now, and only you find it not working. :-?¿

http://bios-mods.com/BIOS/AMI/ACHI%20mod...hci_v2.rar

This one is the mentioned v2 in earlier posts, compare with the one you have downloaded.

Attached Files
.rom   p5kc-1203_slic-ahci_v2.rom (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 303)

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
Yes i have Asus P5KC mobo, not the P5K epu or se or any other p5k version.So its the right mobo.

I've flashed again the bios you gave me in the attachment and resetted cmos but still it doesnt detect my drive in
AHCI.
Still sticks with auto-detecting ....

But one thing i figured is that when i unplug my drive and leave just my dvd rom on the sata port, ahci detects that just fine.
So maybe there is something wrong with my drive not the bios itself maybe ?
It could be the problem with my Windows installation, becouse when i installed Windows i've obviously used IDE mode.

Ill try to find a spare sata hdd and wipe it, to see if that could be the problem.
find