Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424175
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3560
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 223
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 254
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223841
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119104
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6741
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 356
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309529
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61906
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 569
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20223
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169161
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6267
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 772
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5739
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61119
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274956

[Request] Lenovo E545 (AMD) TDP+Advanced Menu
#31
(11-26-2021, 11:27 AM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: I have reinstalled the OS, and it still does not work.
BIOS problem.
find
quote
#32
(11-26-2021, 01:16 PM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 11:27 AM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: I have reinstalled the OS, and it still does not work.
BIOS problem.
Its strange though, because the keyboard does work inside the bios menus...

I just used lenovos bios update software and the peripherals still do not work.

I read back what the Lenovo tool flashed with my CH341A & found quite a few differences from what was flashed onto the chip by the working bios you linked from badcaps.com.

I have attached the bios I dumped from what Lenovo flashed if you could take a look.

This is so strange that even after flashing the official bios from Lenovo & reinstalling windows and drivers, the keyboard and mouse still do not work.

F18 Dump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RA4_MnC...sp=sharing
find
quote
#33
(11-26-2021, 01:40 PM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: found quite a few differences
Why I can't see them?
find
quote
#34
(11-26-2021, 02:07 PM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 01:40 PM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: found quite a few differences
Why I can't see them?
You cannot download the file? Or cant see the differences?

Comparing the raw bin (not comparing modules within UEFITool), there are several hundreds of differing bytes beginning at offset 2EAC00 continuing through most of the bin.

I am comparing with the hex editor HxD which has a comparison tool showing hundreds of bytes difference.
find
quote
#35
(11-26-2021, 02:38 PM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: I am comparing with the hex editor HxD which has a comparison tool showing hundreds of bytes difference.
It's natural because compression is used. The only correct comparison option, in my opinion, is bulk comparison of modules.
find
quote
#36
(11-26-2021, 03:18 PM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 02:38 PM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: I am comparing with the hex editor HxD which has a comparison tool showing hundreds of bytes difference.
It's natural because compression is used. The only correct comparison option, in my opinion, is bulk comparison of modules.
Oh I was not aware that these 4mb files are compressed. Regardless, I am still stuck in the following situation:
1) Flashing any of the patched Bioses produces a brick
2) Flashing any of the non-patched Bioses allows the laptop to work fine, excluding the keyboard and trackpad which are completely non-functional within the OS, though work fine while in the BIOS menus.
find
quote
#37
(11-26-2021, 03:30 PM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: I am still stuck in the following situation
I want to sort out the first question first. It is simple to determine whether the problem with the inability to boot into OS is caused by my changes or not. You are comfortable with the hex editor, so I think it will not be difficult for you to change the BIOS a little. For example, the name of a setting. My point is that maybe even 1 byte change creates an inabilty to boot. If after some insignificant change the same thing happens. It will be possible to say for sure what the reason is.
find
quote
#38
(11-26-2021, 03:57 PM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 03:30 PM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: I am still stuck in the following situation
I want to sort out the first question first. It is simple to determine whether the problem with the inability to boot into OS is caused by my changes or not. You are comfortable with the hex editor, so I think it will not be difficult for you to change the BIOS a little. For example, the name of a setting. My point is that maybe even 1 byte change creates an inabilty to boot. If after some insignificant change the same thing happens. It will be possible to say for sure what the reason is.
I was able to modify the following module: LenovoSetupMainDxe.efi
See linked for the change: https://m.imgur.com/a/xxxERcE
As you can see I changed the word Embedded to ENbedded.

I assume this rules out the possibility that the entire BIOS is protected by some encryption?
find
quote
#39
(11-26-2021, 06:18 PM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: I assume this rules out the possibility that the entire BIOS is protected by some encryption?
Right. Now we know that the menu module can be changed freely.
But then why can't I made BIOS mod to work? Maybe I shouldn't have deleted all those dummy settings in the module?
I redid everything again.
(11-23-2021, 10:00 PM)Maxinator500 Wrote: HP_ENVY_User_32.zip
find
quote
#40
(11-29-2021, 07:08 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 06:18 PM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: I assume this rules out the possibility that the entire BIOS is protected by some encryption?
Right. Now we know that the menu module can be changed freely.
But then why can't I made BIOS mod to work? Maybe I shouldn't have deleted all those dummy settings in the module?
I redid everything again.
(11-23-2021, 10:00 PM)Maxinator500 Wrote: HP_ENVY_User_32.zip
That BIOS worked! As you can see in the following link, the advanced and AMD tabs are now accessible:
https://imgur.com/a/99w2zjm

That takes care of one problem, though unfortunately the trackpad and keyboard still only function while inside the BIOS menus. As soon as I boot into the operating system, both devices are disabled and the only way I can interact with the laptop is with a USB keyboard and USB mouse.

I have played around with the BIOS settings related to the keyboard/mouse, and have even resetted the CMOS, so the issue doesn’t appear to be related to any BIOS setting that is currently accessible to me.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)