Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6369
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14010
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424499
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3626
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 295
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 315
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224630
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6793
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 418
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309748
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61975
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20286
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169380
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6357
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 833

Gateway GT5662 Part Number: 4006254RECS MCP61PM-GM AM2 mATX Motherboard BIOS Update
#1
Greetings!
After a few days of extensive online searching, this site seems to be the most informed about MBs, all things BIOS related etc. I haven't found a thread within these forums addressing my issue:
I am attempting to upgrade the CPU on my Gateway GT5662. My search has concluded that I should be able to put an AMD Athlon II x4 645 as a few other people have been able to do it. My concern is the BIOS version. Mine is Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 12/14/2007
MB is MCP61PM-GM AM2 mATX
It is version 2.1.
The eMachine website has a BIOS update for the ET1331g which uses the same MB, while Gateway's site has nothing for my GT5662.
I have even called Gateway and they do offer support for BIOS updates.
I realize it's a old PC but it still performs well enough to drop less than $100 on a new chip...if it'll work.
Do you have any suggestions or updates I could use? I'm not in the realm of modding or Overclocking yet, just something so the new chip will work. (even if that means a modded BIOS version) Thanks!

Win7Pro (64-bit)
AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core 2.20 GHz
4 GB RAM
Antec Earthwatts 650
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#2
Updating my original question: The AMD Athlon II x4 645 arrived and since no solution had been found yet, I decided to try the new CPU anyway. Worst case is I would just have to re-install the old one. The new CPU worked perfectly. No BIOS update needed. Windows can't tell what model the chip is but is does register as a 3.1 GHz correctly. Success!
find
quote
#3
(12-28-2013, 06:34 PM)Demosthenes Wrote: Updating my original question: The AMD Athlon II x4 645 arrived and since no solution had been found yet, I decided to try the new CPU anyway. Worst case is I would just have to re-install the old one. The new CPU worked perfectly. No BIOS update needed. Windows can't tell what model the chip is but is does register as a 3.1 GHz correctly. Success!

I might have some info .... I too have this same mobo except its a 2.2 revision. You may be able to use the emachine bios update for the et1161-05. I can tell you from experience that after flashing mine and using a utility to read some bios info , I can have up to 16 gigs of memory. I haven't tried any of the phenom II's yet but thats my next step, and if your curious, I have a phenomX4 9750 installed. Not bad considering that all the info out there says the best I can do is an x2 proc.
find
quote
#4
(01-23-2015, 06:07 PM)powercosmic69 Wrote:
(12-28-2013, 06:34 PM)Demosthenes Wrote: Updating my original question: The AMD Athlon II x4 645 arrived and since no solution had been found yet, I decided to try the new CPU anyway. Worst case is I would just have to re-install the old one. The new CPU worked perfectly. No BIOS update needed. Windows can't tell what model the chip is but is does register as a 3.1 GHz correctly. Success!

I might have some info .... I too have this same mobo except its a 2.2 revision. You may be able to use the emachine bios update for the et1161-05. I can tell you from experience that after flashing mine and using a utility to read some bios info , I can have up to 16 gigs of memory. I haven't tried any of the phenom II's yet but thats my next step, and if your curious, I have a phenomX4 9750 installed. Not bad considering that all the info out there says the best I can do is an x2 proc.

in addition window correctly identifies the processor.
find
quote
#5
@powercosmic69 - Thank you for sharing your findings with the community!

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)