Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317071
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101052
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2517
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40959
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 334
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55304
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64129
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4095
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6566
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 143
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 89
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52171
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167138
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 237
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 325
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 139
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 125
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6331
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 137
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125407

Request to Unlock Phoenix BIOS in a Lenovo B575 Laptop
Hello all,

This is really a wonderful forum and a great place to learn as well!

Is it possible to unlock the tabs , menus and options on a Phoenix BIOS in a Lenovo B575 laptop? If so, please consider this as a request for assistance in that area.

My specific concern is that Lenovo claims the B575 supports a dual-channel memory configuration; however, it cannot be verified either via the BIOS (no memory information available) or CPU-Z (information is greyed-out on Memory and SPD tabs).

So, when I asked Lenovo "what to do", they basically told me to take it to a technician that can modify the BIOS (really true). Now, given that the B575 is a very cheap laptop, I guess I can understand his response.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! (BIOS is attached)

Best regards,

norepli

Attached Files
.rom   LENOVO-52CN11WW.rom (Size: 2 MB / Downloads: 3,575)
find
Thanks for the request, I shall have a look and get back to you shortly.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
(12-02-2011, 01:27 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: Thanks for the request, I shall have a look and get back to you shortly.

Thank you Ahmed,

I will anxiously await your response!

Best regards,

norepli

find
Hello Ahmed,

Have you made any progress on this issue? If it can't be done here then please advise me accordingly so I can take it somewhere else and pay a different professional to do it for me. The money isn't the issue for me (at least I don't think it is) but its the time lag because somebody's birthday is approaching and I need it done within the next 7 days.

Thanks again,

norepli
find
I would also be interested in a BIOS mod for the Lenovo B575; I got really high stock voltages on my stock E-350 and after undervolting it about .200V, I'm ready to use that extra headroom for overclocking to about 2.0Ghz on the processor. Any help would be greatly appreciated Smile
find
Hello Ahmed,

Happy New Year!

I got my BIOS unlocked in time; however, I must say that your lack of common courtesy is somewhat disturbing. You could have responded with an "I don't know how to do it" or "It can't be done on your particular BIOS at this time" or something along those lines.

Yes, I know this support is free but what good is it to the entire registered community if you "pick and choose" who gets a response? Now, I am talking from experience because I am somewhat of a guru on specific pc issues and I also participate (very heavily) in a well-known PC forum. With that said, I "always" respond in a timely fashion and I am not afraid to tell the truth and just say "I don't know" or I can't help you" if that be the case.

norepli
find
To norepli:

I'm guessing you hired a professional eh? Guess I'm going to have to look for one in my area if so.
find
(01-01-2012, 05:17 PM)norepli Wrote: Hello Ahmed,

Happy New Year!

I got my BIOS unlocked in time; however, I must say that your lack of common courtesy is somewhat disturbing. You could have responded with an "I don't know how to do it" or "It can't be done on your particular BIOS at this time" or something along those lines.

Yes, I know this support is free but what good is it to the entire registered community if you "pick and choose" who gets a response? Now, I am talking from experience because I am somewhat of a guru on specific pc issues and I also participate (very heavily) in a well-known PC forum. With that said, I "always" respond in a timely fashion and I am not afraid to tell the truth and just say "I don't know" or I can't help you" if that be the case.

norepli

Hello norepli ,

Happy new year to you too Smile

I didn`t say i can`t mod this bios as i have modified far more difficult bioses before ........... if you have searched here in the forum you can find me saying i can`t mod the bios if i really can`t do this .... eg, special dell bioses which can`t be modified by the normal tools , when i get one of these i say sorry i can`t modify the bios .......... the UEFI bioses which can`t be unlocked by any one now , i say sorry i can`t modify it too .
So , the issue is not the ability to modify it and i think you understand this now .
The whole problem is that i`m a student in faculty of engineering specialized in the electronics department and i have to do alot of projects and study most of time and haven`t got time even for reading your previous replies ...... specially because my final exams has started .

I apologize for not responding to you on time but all you can see here is that i`ve found that i got no time for modifying bioses this time and just scheduled the requests to my vacations to do it all .......... i just reply to threads that didn`t need modifying bioses or haven`t got any replies ( you should easily notice this too ) .

Finally , please don`t understand having no time for doing something is that i can`t do it ! i have done this before alot of times with more advanced bioses ......... i hope you understand this .

Thank you ,
Ahmed

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
Hello Ahmed,

Thank you for the clarification on your capabilities; however, I was lured into waiting by your own words which were "Thanks for the request, I shall have a look and get back to you shortly." That, IMHO, is a committment to a timely response unless "your shortly" is different than "my shortly."

Anyway, let's forget it and move on but maybe you could still modfiy that BIOS for Metroid who has also been waiting patiently.

Good luck with your exams!

norepli
find
I knew that i said shortly but when i have no time to do anything and put all my effort in studying , then i will not remember to modify any bioses and will not remember that i have promised someone to modify his bios ,,,,,,,,,, I'm so sorry for this ,,,, its just because of my study and exams .
I will modify the bios and it will be ready tomorrow or later time today .

Thank you,
Ahmed

find