Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 64
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424294
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3591
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 255
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 190
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 285
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224164
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119146
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6769
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 380
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309629
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61945
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 602
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20255
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169209
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6307
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 803
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5770
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61160

[Removed, 8quj06us] Lenovo X121e 3051 BIOS v1.12 Whitelist removal request
#1
Hi,

X121e models shipping now come with a newer bios version than was recently fixed. I'm not certain if it is safe to downgrade so i would like to request the fix be updated for current bios version.

BIOS Version: (1.10/1.12) 8quj06us http://support.lenovo.com/en_IE/download...D=DS019251
BIOS Link: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/...uj06us.exe
Existing card PID/VID: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8176&SUBSYS_819510EC&REV_01

Trying to add f3607gw, unknown VID/PID
find
quote
#2
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

I wait your news Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#3
Unfortunately the modified file is failing flashing. By the looks of it winflash is rejecting the modified bios file. Here are the winflash and winuptp logs.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44325380/WINFLASH.LOG
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44325380/Winuptp.log

Thanks.

By the way, the older version successfully downgraded.
find
quote
#4
I sure forgot to patch the environment.dll file.

My mistake, redownload again and test Wink

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#5
Working perfect. Thanks very much.
find
quote
#6
Nice Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#7
Consider me confused. 8quj06us is the BIOS version for the Intel version, i.e. 3045 and others, not for 3051 which would start with 8r. So which one did you patch or did you patch both since they reside within the same archive?

Also is there any way to flash it with the DOS tools? winupdt doesn't work in a PE environment and since I do not have Windows on my hard drive... winflash seems to expect a different format than in the archive and flash2.exe from the CD Image throws various errors at me when I replace the original files by yours...

I'd be willing to supply a bootable BIOS Update CD image if there's any way we could sort this out... Wink
find
quote
#8
I think you'd better boot from a Windows live CD and flash from there Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#9
(11-17-2011, 11:43 AM)camiloml Wrote: I think you'd better boot from a Windows live CD and flash from there Wink

As I said before: Doesn't work. I can't get the power management working and thus the winupdt would claim there's no battery in the machine and abort.

To be honest just getting Win PE to boot from USB is a major pain in the rear I wouldn't want to do again even for me personally and I'm pretty certain there are more people who would prefer a simpler and cleaner approach as well...
find
quote
#10
Thanks for confirming,



Moved to unlocked /mod

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)