Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 45
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Today 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221478
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Today 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118779
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
Yesterday 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 97
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6588
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 195
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308749
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61633
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 377
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20021
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168666
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6059
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 597
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5547
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60833
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274733
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 712
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24685
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 694422
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174292

ASUS P6-P7H55E - ACHI option
#1
Hi Guys,

I have bought an ASUS barebone P6-P7H55E unit and stuffed it full of new goodies. All works fine but I don't have the option in the BIOS to activate AHCI for SATA. And to be honest I don't understand why not....

For various reasons I've been messing around for 6 hours now and am getting pretty down about this. Apparently (ASUS support website) the motherboard supports it but the BIOS simply doesn't activate it.......

That's how I have come across this pretty cool web site that I had never heard of before :-) that might be able to help me out.

So... please guys, is it possible, and if so do you know a whizz that might be able to do it?

Thanks a lot in advance for any and all help you might be able to provide.

Cheers,
John
find
quote
#2
Hi All,

I noticed that others had file attached the BIOS. Maybe I should have done that.

I just tried to attach it to this message but apparent I can only add 1Mb, so here is an external link to the ZIP downloaded from ASUS:

http://web88.netculture.net/P7H5510LT-AS...E-0501.zip

Thanks,
John
find
quote
#3
Hi!

I have been playing around with AMIBCP and the above BIOS. I can't seem to find any reference to ACHI in any of the dialogs....

Maybe this means there is just no way it can be enabled. If one of you experts could clarify that I would be very much obliged.

Thanks a lot,
John
find
quote
#4
It's all about marketing - they don't want to enable full features on low-end stuff.

Here's your BIOS, try it: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19534789/AHCI.zip

And reply about how it worked out. A screenshot confirmation or speed comparison would be best!
find
quote
#5
(03-29-2011, 11:37 PM)Antinomy Wrote: It's all about marketing - they don't want to enable full features on low-end stuff.

Here's your BIOS, try it: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19534789/AHCI.zip

And reply about how it worked out. A screenshot confirmation or speed comparison would be best!

WOW thanks a lot. I am away travelling for two weeks now so won't be able to test it until back.

As soon as I can I'll post feedback, together with a screenshot for you.

Thanks again!
John
find
quote
#6
Hey guys

I accidentially found this webpage. very nice stuff you are doing here!
I have successfully update my bios with the one provided here and tested the new AHCI option on my P6-P7H55E. I could enable it via BIOS but then my harddrives were not detected by the bios anymore, so I couldn't boot (note: not Windows boot error, but already in the BIOS the harddrives are not shown anymore). After changing back to IDE mode everything is fine again.

Maybe some other stuff has to be "unlocked" so one can select the boot devices after changing to AHCI.

Keep up the good work!
Cheers, thegangsta
find
quote
#7
(03-29-2011, 11:37 PM)Antinomy Wrote: It's all about marketing - they don't want to enable full features on low-end stuff.

Here's your BIOS, try it: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19534789/AHCI.zip

And reply about how it worked out. A screenshot confirmation or speed comparison would be best!

Hi There,

I have just got back and updated the BIOS. The update went fine but I am experiencing the same problem as thegangsta above.

As soon as the configuration is changed to AHCI (in any combination of settings) the SATA 1, SATA 2 and SATA 3 disappear from the BIOS menu. As such no hard disks are detected.

Any ideas?

Many thanks again for your time,
John
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)