Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40952
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 308
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55286
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64123
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4095
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6563
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: drradkin
Yesterday 12:30 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2509
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 137
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 85
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52166
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167088
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 232
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
Last Post: Dudu2002
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 322
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 135
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 119
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6329
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 136
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125400
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 317032
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite A300D PSAK0C...
Last Post: 1000palladium
03-25-2024 10:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 227

Acer Aspire E380 R01-C0 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
[Image: 1010692425.jpg]

For screenshots of BIOS setup, please visit http://www.bios-mods.com/blog/?p=142

We finally have some really really exciting news. The battle for these common boards to have stable OC menus, voltage modification, Phenom II support, and a professional retail BIOS has finally come. Our most helpful members banana19 and MrTangoWhiskey have found an ABIT retail BIOS, that successfully flashes to all of the OEM boards mentioned with full control of voltage, OC, and has support for all Phenom I/II proccessors.

So before we get to specifics, a brief timeline on the modding proccess for this motherboard. This has been going on for over a year, and it has taken a lot of support and research to get this board where it should be. We originally started off modifying the HP BIOS for the board. we were able to get overclocking options from it, but the menu was very unstable and items were always floating on the screen. After about 8 months of searching for the solution within the HP BIOS, we realized that poor coding quality in the BIOS was unfixable, and it was time to find the retail fit. I had been doing research on this when a kind member on the forum pointed that this BIOS had all the goods. Its version numbers were similar, it had the same chipset (BIOS donated from ABIT board) and abit has always been known for having overclocking options. With this unlock, we have unlocked what we would see in a retail award bios. The most appealing features are control of AMD Cool and Quiet, Adjustment of CPU FSB, PhenomII support (65-95W recommended) and even setting the voltage and memory timings.

That said, what are you waiting for? Here’s what we need to get started:
1. First, we need to prepare a bootable USB to launch DOS and flash the new BIOS. To do so, download the HP USB disk format tool and install it here

2. Once installed, open the utility and select the USB to format. Below, tick the bubble for creating an MSDOS startup disk. It will then want you to point it to a DOS image folder. You will need to download and unzip this DOS image (do NOT use your own DOS image) here Once it has completed formating your drive, open up the USB in My Computer. Verify that there are only three files on the USB, making sure to unhide protected operating system files in explorer to see them. If you see three DOS files, you are ready for the next phase.

3. Now we will copy over the ABIT BIOS image as well as the flash utility. You will need download AWDFLASH and copy it over to your USB here Once awdflash has been copied over, download the Bios image and save it to your usb from here

4. Once these files have been copied over, you are ready to flash. Reboot windows, and when the BIOS screen comes up hold down Esc and select your USB to boot off of. You will then see a WIN98 splashscreen temporarily flash and you will be in DOS. Once at the prompt, type in the following command:

awdflash M613Z_19.BIN /py /sn /cc / cd /cp /wb /r

Once you type this in you should see on screen the progress of the BIOS flash. When it has finished, it will automatically restart the systen. When it does, tap the delete key to eter the BIOS. There are a couple of this that you will instantly have to do for the best results. Set Smart Fan to Auto in PC Health setup, Enable HPET Support in Advanced BIOS setup, and in the standard setup, MAKE SURE that the floppy is disabled, or it may stall windows for several odd reasons. Out of our four testers, we have all had success with this mod, each on a different board. I was a second tester for the Nettle2 and have a few more words. If you are planning to do this, I recommend backing up windows in case you have to reformat, which wasn’t that bad considering WHS backs up my data. Also, if you hear loud fan noise do not worry. First off, I am the only tester who had tis issue, but if you do have this issue then unplugging the rear system fan on the back of the case will instantly make the box silent, and colling isn’t affected. I have also made a work around for solving the fan speed issue, if you need it (which you shouldn’t) then you can hit the support forum. We are ensuring 24hr. technical support for these boards, and by become a member of Bios Mods (free) you can post on the forums with any questions.

Update: Please enable PMU in the BIOS to help lower your temps and keep your fans in line.
find
Great BIOS - thanks!

2 Questions for ya Smile

About to upgrade to a new CPU, and wondering if you know if the E380 supports AM3?

If so, does this BIOS allow for multiplier control with Black Edition CPUs?

Thanks again!

-P
find
I can't see multiplier options in the bios and cannot find any information regarding what upgrades you can make on the system (except RAM)

You could always take the side off , make sure its a Micro-Atx or Atx Motherboard , then get a new motherboard and replace it in the same case with all the drives etc.

Regards
Admin
find
(08-04-2009, 06:10 PM)1234s282 Wrote: I can't see multiplier options in the bios and cannot find any information regarding what upgrades you can make on the system (except RAM)

You could always take the side off , make sure its a Micro-Atx or Atx Motherboard , then get a new motherboard and replace it in the same case with all the drives etc.

Regards
Admin
Flashed tonight - everything went fine with the flash - wrote DMI, MAIN and BOOTBLOCK + Clear CMOS. Restarted, removed power cord, clear caps, swap jumper for a long CMOS clear (10m), replaced jumper, replaced power and systems boots.... passes post OK but restarts halfway through the windows progress bar Huh

Set to defaults in BIOS, and still nothing. Suggestions? I'm guessing settings in your modded BIOS are not 'true' default compared to the original ACER BIOS, so have to be set manually Sad

Help?
find
Sorry to hear you are having trouble , try settings options manually like you said then please report back.
find
I can't even flash the bios

I get a message that the files BIOS-Lock string does not match with your system

This bios is the download package is 756A1P12.BIN which according to the readme.txt
is for Model list: Veriton M261/Aspire M1610/ Extensa M261

Is this correct and if it is

Is this any way to solve this ?
find
I must have got my file naming mixed up!! - I was modding a lot of acer bioses at that time!

The correct file is 61AO615.Bin Version is R01-C0 , not R01-B1

Updated link!

Use the same link , they have updated files

See if it gives message now , shouldnt do as it says E380 in the readme Big Grin

Regards and apologies

Admin
find
(09-02-2009, 05:22 AM)1234s282 Wrote: I must have got my file naming mixed up!! - I was modding a lot of acer bioses at that time!

The correct file is 61AO615.Bin Version is R01-C0 , not R01-B1

Updated link!

Use the same link , they have updated files

See if it gives message now , shouldnt do as it says E380 in the readme Big Grin

Regards and apologies

Admin

Thanks that worked
find
Unfortunately the key option (FSB adjustment) does not work - no matter what you change it to, it stays at 200 even though the bios shows the change Sad

Everything else seems good though.
find
Sorry to hear that mate , you never can tell whatas going to happen when they arent supposed to be able to being with Tongue

Regards
admin
find