Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
Outstanding Сasual Dating - Real Women
Last Post: mcdjkrizantem
Today 10:38 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
[REQUEST] Lenovo B490 (H1ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: sardax
Today 10:03 PM
» Replies: 101
» Views: 31706
Super Сasual Dating - Verified Damsels
Last Post: Mirlabia
Today 10:02 PM
» Views: 16
Exemplary Сasual Dating - Verified Maide...
Last Post: kedalher
Today 09:58 PM
» Views: 13
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H1ETxxWW) BIOS Un...
Last Post: sardax
Today 09:50 PM
» Replies: 23
» Views: 8575
Exemplary Сasual Dating - Real-life Fema...
Last Post: enotar
Today 07:46 PM
» Views: 37
Super Сasual Dating - Authentic Ladies
Last Post: aaronsas
Today 07:08 PM
» Views: 47
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire E1-571(G) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 04:44 PM
» Replies: 127
» Views: 57928
Acer Predator Helios 300 N17C1 G3-572-79...
Last Post: chadreuel
Today 11:39 AM
» Views: 94
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-56 BIOS Unl...
Today 07:25 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 887
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 03:52 AM
» Replies: 1972
» Views: 661720
[Request] Acer Aspire Z1620 (h61h aio v1...
Last Post: spingernexx
Yesterday 06:09 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 159
[REQUEST] Lenovo G505 (82CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: khaos
Yesterday 04:15 PM
» Replies: 155
» Views: 55227
Asus Prime b250m plus, RAM compatibility
Last Post: Slayery777
Yesterday 06:23 AM
» Views: 151
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Request Clevo W230...
Last Post: happycrazyman
04-23-2024 03:53 PM
» Views: 128
Rog Strix B650E-F BIOS File Extraction
Last Post: panmetrix24
04-23-2024 11:25 AM
» Views: 145
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Pipo89
04-23-2024 06:47 AM
» Replies: 236
» Views: 69700
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: onetapxdf
04-23-2024 03:37 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1369
[REQUEST] Lenovo G400S (7BCNxxWW) Whitel...
04-23-2024 03:14 AM
» Replies: 203
» Views: 70643
[REQUEST] Lenovo V570(c) (44CNxxWW) BIOS...
Last Post: d3m3n7r
04-22-2024 05:20 PM
» Replies: 18
» Views: 11189

Acer Aspire E380 R01-C0 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
(03-09-2010, 07:10 PM)TheWiz Wrote: (...)
I did send you the ROMs to look at, guess they didn' make it your way, so i attached it. So here's my question. I think you did brilliant on the fan work, so if you would make an updated version I will update the nettle2 thread.

For the AGESA, the ACPITBL shouldn't matter because all we are doing is updating and building on what we already have. So yes, we fix the fan issue there, but it shouldn't affect what we are doing with the AGESA. I believe the best way to resolve the issues is to simply update the bios with the 3.5.1 AGESA< which has been working well for me lately on other boards without touching the ACPITBL. So I have attached the file. Seeming as how you have all the proccessors, why dont you flash a BIOS with this AGESA and see how things go.

TheWiz

The 3.2.0 AGESA isn't workin' right with my ACPITBL with Phenom-support 'cause there is a misfunction of the C'n'Q and the ACPI when using a Phenom X3! It doesn't recog my proc and its functions correctly....

Sometimes you just have to try to be sure it is not working...
[Image: logo.png]
I am back in here as I promised! Big Grin So tell me your needs!
find
That's not version 3.2 its 3.5.1 I would stalk some boards close to our chipset with an updated AGESA and find the one that works best.

TheWiz
www find
I now know your state of mind, but my original bios had this crappy AGESA 3.2.0 and I tried to work with that... Now thanks to you and to a former SPS-programmer with advanced abilities I can start even a language translation of the BIOS!!!
Just give me a little more time and I will have built a "special version" of the abit-OC-retail with splash, EPA, OC and (!) shortened namestrings for the processors 'cause it annoys me, that there are 3 lines of information all about my proc's name, also disturbing my EPA-logo...

Sometimes you just have to try to be sure it is not working...
[Image: logo.png]
I am back in here as I promised! Big Grin So tell me your needs!
find
Great! Couple things.

A. Will you include the AGESA I sent you and will there be a switch for turning the splashscreen on and off. If so, what are you doing to add the physical option for the splash. Because the BIOS doesn't have a splash, i dont see how you are going to add a call in the bootblock to load the splashscreen. Also, because the boards are similar enough, I think we sould make one flavor with the ACPITBL from the acer for the acer systems, and one flavor with the HP ACPITBL for the nettle series.

More importantly, can you show me what technique you are using for language translation of the BIOS. I know its your build but I'd like to be in on the project and keep tabs on what you are doing. I want to make this an official release, so it would be useful if I knew how you are translating the BIOS. Also, make sure to use modbin really quick to unhide Virtualization, and the CPU voltage stuff.

B. If we can get the AGESA isolated, is it possible you could look at adding the AGESA support tight in the bootblock for older boards without "native" support for it.

TheWiz
www find
A. Yes, I will, it is good, working and stable... Wink
Perhaps, I don't know yet, there is a hook in the code to create a link to the splash and EPA but I definitely know, that there is a possibility to create/reintegrate these menu-items, as far as I see, they are there but disabled during compilation of sourcecode to bin.

A friend of mine is able to reverse almost every compilation of "hard coded binaries" to its source and back to binary. I don't really know how he does... Sad But this is not the primary issue!

B. Maybe it is even a problem just to edit the AGESACPU.ROM without getting crap, so I only try to edit the ID-strings to shorter ones and getting this work. I hope I'll get my "reverse-engineering engineer" to give me a helping hand with this but he is busy atm. Sometimes he seems to think in hex so I just need to get the adress! Wink Big Grin

So long, I'll get some sleep now, had a hard day...
find
Nap time, you've done gr8 work Big Grin

I think the easiest fix for the fans in the HP is to just use the ACPITBL that was in its original BIOS. Also, is there any particular reason why you are shortening the stings, or is it just to keep things in order for clarity.

Also, this is by far the best performance CPU upgrade. Not an overclocker, but you wouldn't need to with what's under the hood on this guy. Not even clsoe to the TDP limits either.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6819103682

Good work!
Chris
www find
I was thinking more like this one Wink

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6819103696

I know a bit higher wattage, but I've been running this one for months without issue:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6819105134

-RA
find
Yoyu are running the Opteron in THIS board? WOW. that's pushing the soket limit to extents I didnt know possible. Wwhat are the benchmark comparisons between the three CPUs?
www find
The board has MCP61SM-AM on it, though CPU-Z reports it different (computer is an Acer T180). The original processor was the Athlon 64 X2 4000+. I didn't benchmark it, besides the windows 7 experience index score, which was 4.9. The Opteron is slightly overclocked to 2996mhz. And is scores a 6.1 respectively. As soon as you guys get this next BIOS polished up, I will be ordering that Phenom 945 Smile

[Image: cpuid.png]
find
OOOOh its only a dual core opteron, now Im a bit clearer. I also see you havent tried the abit bios yet, so its a good idea to wait as you suggested as we have a lot of goodies coming Big Grin
www find