Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 12:16 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 57
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317102
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101062
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2522
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40964
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 337
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55311
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64130
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4101
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6567
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 146
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 94
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52214
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167168
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 239
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 328
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 145
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 126
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6333
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 138

Can I install any AMI BIOS?
Hello! I want to overclock my notebook, but its BIOS its blocked and by software its motherboard manufacter its so [censored] unkown that the software cant find the PLL. My notebook have an AMI BIOS.

MY QUESTION IS:

I want to know if I can install an AMI version that have overclocking features althogh it is not exactly my notebook model. If i did that it would recognize all my notebook components, I have any chances, or it will not boot?
My notebooks specs for in case you need them:

- Notebook Positivo
- Intel Atom
- AMI BIOS version 1.13
- Motherboard manufracter Positivo (no support, updates or anything unlocked)

Im really desperate for overclocking beacuse I always wanted to have a pc for gaming but I didnt never worked yet to buy a cool pc!
Sorry for my english. Thank you.
find
(09-27-2015, 06:04 PM)chica Wrote: Hello! I want to overclock my notebook, but its BIOS its blocked and by software its motherboard manufacter its so [censored] unkown that the software cant find the PLL. My notebook have an AMI BIOS.

MY QUESTION IS:

I want to know if I can install an AMI version that have overclocking features althogh it is not exactly my notebook model. If i did that it would recognize all my notebook components, I have any chances, or it will not boot?

- Notebook Positivo
- Intel Atom
- AMI BIOS version 1.13

Im really desperate for overclocking beacuse I always wanted to have a pc for gaming but I didnt never worked yet to buy a cool pc!

Get yourself an ubuntu 15.04 iso and write it to a CD or pendrive (to write it to a pendrive you will need win32imagewriter which is free), boot the notebook off said CD or pendrive. Once you are at the desktop open a terminal window and type this 3 commands
Code:
sudo lspci -v > ~/Desktop/pci.txt
sudo lsusb -v > ~/Desktop/usb.txt
sudo lshw > ~/Desktop/chipsets.txt
and attach the 3 text file that will appear on your desktop to a reply.
Also consider the fact that the CPU is an Atom (a.k.a Netbook CPU). You'll not be able to squeeze that much extra performance out of it and there's also the underpowered graphics chip built-in and the slow disk and RAM controller bus.
find
(09-27-2015, 11:00 PM)fbsduser Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 06:04 PM)chica Wrote: Hello! I want to overclock my notebook, but its BIOS its blocked and by software its motherboard manufacter its so [censored] unkown that the software cant find the PLL. My notebook have an AMI BIOS.

MY QUESTION IS:

- Notebook Positivo
- Intel Atom
- AMI BIOS version 1.13

Get yourself an ubuntu 15.04 iso and write it to a CD or pendrive (to write it to a pendrive you will need win32imagewriter which is free), boot the notebook off said CD or pendrive. Once you are at the desktop open a terminal window and type this 3 commands
Code:
Also consider the fact that the CPU is an Atom (a.k.a Netbook CPU). You'll not be able to squeeze that much extra performance out of it and there's also the underpowered graphics chip built-in and the slow disk and RAM controller bus.

Sorry for the delayed answer, (I was with some troubles installing Ubuntu directly from a partition). I appreciate so much your answer, as soon I get the info I will attach it and reply to you.
find
(10-01-2015, 10:10 AM)chica Wrote:

MY QUESTION IS:

- Notebook Positivo
- Intel Atom
- AMI BIOS version 1.13

Code:

Sorry for the delayed answer, (I was with some troubles installing Ubuntu directly from a partition). I appreciate so much your answer, as soon I get the info I will attach it and reply to you.

Hello. I've been with some troubles with install Ubuntu, I will do beacuse I am Linux user, but for now, please can you say me what information you need or how can I get it using Windows to send to you?
find
(10-04-2015, 11:38 AM)chica Wrote:

MY QUESTION IS:

- Notebook Positivo
- Intel Atom
- AMI BIOS version 1.13

Code:

Hello. I've been with some troubles with install Ubuntu, I will do beacuse I am Linux user, but for now, please can you say me what information you need or how can I get it using Windows to send to you?

Hello! I have the files.

Attached Files
.txt   pci.txt (Size: 9.16 KB / Downloads: 2)
.txt   usb.txt (Size: 26 KB / Downloads: 1)
.txt   chipsets.txt (Size: 16.87 KB / Downloads: 2)
find
(10-04-2015, 07:26 PM)chica Wrote:

MY QUESTION IS:

- Notebook Positivo
- Intel Atom
- AMI BIOS version 1.13

Code:

Hello! I have the files.

That notebook can take 4GB of RAM and may be overcloked to 2.0GHz but you'll need to see if there's a cpu fan and if there isn't you'll need to install one, for that look for a small laptop cpu fan and look for a cpu fan connector in the motherboard, you can also replace that 5400rpm hard drive with a 7200rpm one or with a solid state drive to speed disk access a bit. That notebook however will still be slow due to the fact that it uses a SATA 2 controller instead of the faster SATA 3 one larger laptops use, and the GMA3150 graphics also affect a lot.
find
(10-06-2015, 02:48 PM)fbsduser Wrote:
(10-04-2015, 07:26 PM)chica Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 11:00 PM)fbsduser Wrote: Get yourself an ubuntu 15.04 iso and write it to a CD or pendrive (to write it to a pendrive you will need win32imagewriter which is free), boot the notebook off said CD or pendrive. Once you are at the desktop open a terminal window and type this 3 commands
Code:

Hello! I have the files.

That notebook can take 4GB of RAM and may be overcloked to 2.0GHz but you'll need to see if there's a cpu fan and if there isn't you'll need to install one, for that look for a small laptop cpu fan and look for a cpu fan connector in the motherboard, you can also replace that 5400rpm hard drive with a 7200rpm one or with a solid state drive to speed disk access a bit. That notebook however will still be slow due to the fact that it uses a SATA 2 controller instead of the faster SATA 3 one larger laptops use, and the GMA3150 graphics also affect a lot.

Well. Thank you for your answer. I undertand, and know that my notebook is so crapy but anyway I will do.
My answer is as the title "Can I install any AMI BIOS?" if I do that the bios will recognize all my notebook devices and boot, or it will not boot?
Thank you!!
find