Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14007
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 108
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424480
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3624
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 209
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 311
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224579
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 275
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 413
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309739
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61968
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169343
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 829
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5800

Dell Optiplex GX520,GX620 A11 With Dell SLIC 2.1
#21
(09-25-2013, 02:10 PM)benhadad Wrote: Can this link be updated I get "The user hosting this content is out of bandwidth"

Link added.

From Hanoi, Vietnam
find
quote
#22
Never mind, I found it. Thanks.
find
quote
#23
(09-25-2013, 10:10 PM)sovem Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 02:10 PM)benhadad Wrote: Can this link be updated I get "The user hosting this content is out of bandwidth"

Link added.

Well I tried this and it flashed but I still get a invalid RSDT

I haven't tired this with windows 7 pro 32bit, but windows 64bit doesn't seem to work.

I also used the phoenix tool used the slic (dynamic) with a RW file, and tired the SS2 version , neither worked.

I suppose I will try 32bit and see if that works.
thanks for updating link
find
quote
#24
Dear 1234s282I myself have a GX520 whos BIOS that I am trying to update and I to have a Dell Windows 7 Professional pre-installation disk. I am unable to download the files from drop box. There is a 404 error message please help me i have been trying to get this down for sometime now with no success. Please help me my JEDI MASTER you are my only hope!!!
find
quote
#25
I found the thread for the optiplex GX520 A06:
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-De...l-SLIC-2-1
This fails to activate windows 7 32 and 64 bit even when it correctly says Slic 2.1 DELLM09

The dell original bios file is here.
http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/optiplex-gx520?driverId=R142230&osCode=WW1&fileId=2731114925&languageCode=EN&categoryId=BI

Any help is appriciated!
find
quote
#26
It appears that the gx520/gx620 bios is difficult to put slic in. I have found a few other threads but it seems that the gx520/gx620 uses bios phoenix bios plus 1.10 A11. Again, any help is appreciated. Are there any steps I could take myself?
find
quote
#27
I also created an acpi rw file from the original bios.

you can download that here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pq05wq

what do I need to do in order to integrate slic 2.1 in the bios? Would I be able to do it myself? Or will someone work this for me?
find
quote
#28
(07-16-2010, 08:33 PM)1234s282 Wrote: Here you go , i used Dell 2.1 SLIC + Certificate Included:-

1. Copy and paste ******.XRM-MS certificate file into C-Drive.

2. After pasting this file into C-Drive, go to START - ALL PROGRAMS - ACCESSORIES - COMMAND PROMPT. Right click on Command Prompt and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

3. When Command Prompt opens, type at the prompt: slmgr.vbs -ilc c:\********.xrm-ms and hit the Enter Button. Wait for the Script Host to answer you with a message that the license was installed successfully....this could take a few minutes and so be patient.

4. After receiving the message that the license was installed successfully, type at the command prompt:

slmgr.vbs -ipk *****-*****-*****-*****-***** (Replace with any OEM SLP Product Key for your installed version of Windows 7 , they are not hard to find).Be Patient and wait for the message to say that the Product Key was successfully installed. After it says successfully installed, reboot the computer.

5. When you are back at your desktop, go to START - COMPUTER - right click on Computer and choose PROPERTIES and see if it is activated with an OEM product ID.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Dell%20Op...34s282.zip

Flash at your own risk!

Please Report Back With Whether It Worked Or Not!

Please Consider A Small Donation As A "Thank You" If You Are Happy With Our Work

Regards
Admin

Hi Experts,

I have a Dell Optiplex GX520 with i945GM chipset.

I wanted to add Core2Duo microcodes to the latest A11 bios Link.

I extracted the .rom file from the .exe

Tried to load in Phoenix Bios Editor 2.2.1.3 Link

Got an error message:
No BCPs found!

Could I update the microcodes in this or an other compatible bios file for GX520 to work with Core2 CPUs?

Thanks for helping.
find
quote
#29
Having SLIC 2.1 fo a GX520 is nice, but improved CPU support would be even nicer. So what if it only has two PCI and one x1 PCIe slots and only two SATA ports? Plug in a x1 GPU with HDMI and a PCI ATSC tuner and you have a DVR dirt cheap. Still have the other PCI slot for a SATA card to use a Blu-Ray drive. Select the right RAM and it can have 4 gig.

Now if only it could use a Core 2 Duo LGA775 CPU.
find
quote
#30
(01-25-2017, 06:10 AM)Galane Wrote: Having SLIC 2.1 fo a GX520 is nice, but improved CPU support would be even nicer. So what if it only has two PCI and one x1 PCIe slots and only two SATA ports? Plug in a x1 GPU with HDMI and a PCI ATSC tuner and you have a DVR dirt cheap. Still have the other PCI slot for a SATA card to use a Blu-Ray drive. Select the right RAM and it can have 4 gig.

Now if only it could use a Core 2 Duo LGA775 CPU.

Hi Galane,

thanks for your reply.

It has 4 gig RAM actually.
I'm using it with a P4 dualcore 3.4 GHz processor.

Full HD videos are laggy.
And the CPU is a quite hot.

The chipset could handle a Core2 Duo CPU, but the bios can not.

So, could I make a magic to expand the microcode with C2Ds?

Thank you.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)