Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.88 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 802
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108072
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1316
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9218
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8769
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14367
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425672
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227704
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119726
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 390
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7002
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310631
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62230

HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
(02-11-2011, 10:48 AM)TheWiz Wrote: Hi edrap,

I have the same GPU in this mobo with the ABIT BIOS. It does do the clicking at first, but if you give it about 30 seconds it will properly boot and run the card under the modified BIOS. I get really weary with the HP Winflash, so if you want everything working I'd try re-following the same instructions, clearing your cmos, putting the new card in, and just waiting until it boots (booted up for me after about 30 seconds of clicking). This BIOS unfortunately doesn't have USB boot support, drives me nuts too.

Additionally, you could follow the same procedure using the stock BIOS rom if you want to play it safe.

TheWiz

Thanks for the reply, though I don't quite understand your instructions. Currently, the gpu card is installed and working albeit with the pre-boot noise (in the stock bios, then in the modified bios, and now in the corrupted bios). After the bios corrupted, I took out the card to see if that fixed it (the bios, not the clacking noise which I'll just live with), but it didn't. I cleared the CMOS then, at which point the bios started at least booting into the OS, so I put in the card again. I can't currently change bios options at all, since the text is still completely garbled and pressing any of the enter setup keys just causes it to hang (or possibly enter setup, but I can't read it anyway since it's a white screen). So I can't re-follow the original instructions since I can't boot into the flash drive with awdflash (and I don't have a floppy drive) - is winflash my only option? When I did that yesterday with the stock bios rom and the update all setting, that's when my bios screwed up. Does it matter that I ran it in Windows 7? edit: also, did the "update all" setting mess it up?

Sorry if the above was unclear. Basically, can I go from my corrupted bios currently back to the stock HP 5.27 bios using winflash, and if so, what settings should I be using in the program (there are quite a few)? Or is there another program I should be using? Cheers.
find
quote
Hi edrap,

There is a better way you could do this, I didn't really fully get the big picture until this post. Here's what I would do.
Download the stock HP BIOS here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/Net527.bin

Make a bootable CD with the awdflash file, win98 startup files from the zip, and the BIOS file (renamed to BIOS.BIN)

Then, unplug your hdd and any other device so that the PC is forced to boot of your DVD drive.

Then you should be able to get to awdflash and use the same commandline instructions as you did with the ABIT BIOS. This should completly wipe the corrupted BIOS and start you off on a clean slate.

Let me know if you need Live help assistance,
TheWiz
www find
quote
I bought a X4 955 Phenom II and it does not boot up.

I have a nettle2 HP Pavillion?

Anything I am doing wrong?
find
quote
(02-12-2011, 05:59 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Hi edrap,

There is a better way you could do this, I didn't really fully get the big picture until this post. Here's what I would do.
Download the stock HP BIOS here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/Net527.bin

Make a bootable CD with the awdflash file, win98 startup files from the zip, and the BIOS file (renamed to BIOS.BIN)

Then, unplug your hdd and any other device so that the PC is forced to boot of your DVD drive.

Then you should be able to get to awdflash and use the same commandline instructions as you did with the ABIT BIOS. This should completly wipe the corrupted BIOS and start you off on a clean slate.

Let me know if you need Live help assistance,
TheWiz
Thanks for the suggestion. I likely won't be able to have another stab at the problem for a few days, but will report back on how it goes.
find
quote
SoDWins,

It has been reported that the 955's high power draw (125W) makes the board have a hard time posting because there is only a max TDP of around 95W. We are working on a BIOS solution for the higher power chips, but I do believe MrTangoWhiskey can help you get that working.

Thanks,
TheWiz
www find
quote
Hi Smile
I'm very satisfied with the BIOS update, but today, my system crashed two times. It's the first time I've got these kind of errors.
Any relation with the BIOS update ?
PS : I've overclocked my 5600+ (210 MHz FSB instead of 200) but it's stable.
find
quote
I have a question....or a problem, which ever you prefer.
I flash the bios, without a problem, but on all my games now I get a consistent 20-30 fps less. That's with stock settings, and even when I oc it, it still is 10 frames less then what it use to be. So where I use to get 60 frames on CoD 4, now I was getting at most 30

I have a athlon x2 5000+ (none BE)
with 4 gigs of crosair ram
Win 7 64 bit
and an Gigabyte 4670 1 gb
find
quote
Are you sure device manager has all of your system drivers shwoing as installed? I haven't heard of this one before.

@Romano. I have used this BIOS for almost 2 years on one of my boxes without a problem, run your CHKDSK.

TheWiz
www find
quote
Yeah, I went through and checked that first. It puzzles me

:edit: If anyone would be so kind as to post a stock bios bin that I can flash. All the installers are for vista and I can't find a bin file anywhere.
find
quote
Here's the stock bin: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/Net527.bin

Also, check with MrTangoWhiskey and the other threads in the confirmed section, there are some other unlocked BIOSes that may give better benchmarks for you.

TheWiz
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)