Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424133
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3554
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223753
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119095
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6738
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309503
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 564
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169142
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6261
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61107
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274947

LENOVO G770 "I forgot my BIOS password."
#1
Hello everyone, I am experiencing a very serious problem. I had set a password for the BIOS, and unfortunately, when I tried to turn on the computer 2-3 months later, I realized I had forgotten it. The computer prompts for this password during startup, and since I cannot recall it, I am completely unable to boot the machine.

I opened up the notebook but couldn't find a battery of any kind to reset the BIOS. The Lenovo G770 model apparently lacks a dedicated BIOS battery; furthermore, I couldn't locate a reset jumper on the motherboard either. Consequently, while researching whether it might be possible to overwrite the existing BIOS firmware, I stumbled upon this website.

I noticed that some users here had attempted to initiate a boot sequence using the FN+B key combination. I decided to attempt a similar procedure myself, as follows: First, I downloaded the BIOS firmware for the G770 model directly from the Lenovo website. Although the file is packaged as an executable (.EXE), it unfortunately does not run directly. I extracted the contents of the compressed archive (using 7-Zip), which yielded a specific .BIN file (PIWG4310.BIN) along with several other files. I then copied this .BIN file onto a 2GB USB flash drive that I had previously formatted using the FAT32 file system.
1- Next, ensuring the computer was unplugged from the power source, I pressed and held down the FN+B keys.
2- While still holding down FN+B, I inserted the USB flash drive.
3- While still holding down FN+B, I plugged the power cord back into the computer.
4- While still holding down FN+B, I pressed the notebook's power button to turn it on.
5- With my fingers still pressing FN+B, the cooling fans began to spin; however, the screen remained black, and the system simply hung there. It seems unable to locate and load the necessary file. I waited for 10 minutes, but the screen remained black the entire time. I also tried using several different USB flash drives, but to no avail.

What should I do? I would be extremely grateful if anyone could offer some assistance.
(LENOVO G-770, I5 2. or 3. gen, 17.3", ATI Readon Graphic Card)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)