Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 187
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 153
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 233
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223452
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119070
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 227
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6722
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 335
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309413
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61886
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 551
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20199
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169089
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6244
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 749
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5723
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61082
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274916
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 866
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24802

Lenovo ThinkCentre M52 (8114 & 8215) & A52 (8153): Core 2 Duo Support
#31
(06-07-2020, 06:06 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: You can try to install Pentium D.


Hello, I hope this question fits in with this thread, as it is about a very similar system, same BIOS I believe. 

I have a ThinkCentre A52 type 8153. The original processor was a Pentium 4 630. It's detailed specifications are here: https://support.lenovo.com/au/en/solutions/migr-60400

I have updated the BIOS to the latest, 2EKT46A, same as discussed for the systems above. https://support.lenovo.com/au/en/downloads/migr-60626

I was hoping to use Pentium D 945 (SL9QQ) but it gives the warning at boot "0167: No Processor BIOS Update Found". It does boot after that, and SEEMS to perform well, but I would like to know the concenquences of this message and remove it if possible through a bios mod perhaps.

If not then I would like to know the best Pentium D that will likely work. Pentium D 820 is listed as supported but perhaps Pentium D 840 would work? Seeing this BIOS is for multiple versions of the A52 ThinkCentre I have a hard time knowing what to look for. Best case would be to add support to the BIOS for the Pentium D 945 which I have already here and booting.

With the Pentium D 945 (SL9QQ) installed the BIOS reports Processor ID: 0F65, Microcode Revision: Not Available

Below are some CPU-Z, boot, and BIOS screenshots.

Thank you for any advice to get this old system's CPU upgraded Smile

[Image: aFt2f3c.jpg]
[Image: Zzi6ybs.jpg]
[Image: rxgPlUr.jpg]
[Image: DhhpwsN.jpg]
find
quote
#32
Make DOS USB-stick (e.g, by Rufus), download and unzip all files for the modded version of CHECKUP7 to this DOS USB-stick.
Download latest microcode for CPUID=0xF65, rename it to PEP.DAT and copy (with replacement) to this DOS USB-stick.
Boot from this DOS USB-stick and make a photo of the screen with results.
find
quote
#33
(08-01-2020, 02:07 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Make DOS USB-stick (e.g, by Rufus), download and unzip all files for the modded version of CHECKUP7 to this DOS USB-stick.
Download latest microcode for CPUID=0xF65, rename it to PEP.DAT and copy (with replacement) to this DOS USB-stick.
Boot from this DOS USB-stick and make a photo of the screen with results.

Thank you. Here is an image taken after running CHECKUP7 (after replacing PEP.DAT with the 0xF65 microcode):

[Image: qZEQSsh.jpg]
find
quote
#34
No. It didn't help - Update API adsent from BIOS.
But I've analysed official BIOS exe-file and found that suitable microcode was already included. Try to reflash official BIOS with Pentium D 945 installed.
find
quote
#35
(08-01-2020, 03:51 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: No. It didn't help - Update API adsent from BIOS.
But I've analysed official BIOS exe-file and found that suitable microcode was already included. Try to reflash official BIOS with Pentium D 945 installed.

Simply re-flashing the same (latest) BIOS after the Pentium D 945 was installed appears to have worked! I've never needed to re-flash the same bios to get a new CPU to work - can you say why this was needed and is it only something to expect with IBM/Lenovo machines?

Attached is an image of the BIOS showing that it recognises the CPU now. 

Finally, will anything higher than a Pentium D be likely to work in this machine? I chose the Pentium D 945 using my best understanding but I could have miscalculated.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

[Image: voRdVwr.jpg]
find
quote
#36
Many old Phoenix BIOS has small microcode volume and the flasher inject in BIOS only necessary for current CPU microcode.
Core 2 Duo isn't supported by this motherboard without a hardware mod for booting Conroe.
find
quote
#37
Hello, I have a thinkcentre M52 and I want to install a Core 2 Duo e6700, 2.66Ghz, 1066Mhz. Is it possible? If need to make changes to the microcode BIOS, then please help with this, since I do not have such skills. Thanks!~
find
quote
#38
moooooncrescent
Read this topic attentively.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)