Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 277
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55272
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:16 PM
» Replies: 138
» Views: 40938
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64118
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4094
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6555
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: drradkin
Yesterday 12:30 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2500
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 135
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 81
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52160
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167048
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 230
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
Last Post: Dudu2002
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 322
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 133
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 116
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6326
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 132
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125389
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 316991
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite A300D PSAK0C...
Last Post: 1000palladium
03-25-2024 10:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 227

Lenovo Yoga C930 Splash Change - willing to donate!
Hi there,
first of all I didnt even know a community like this existed and u guys blew my cap off,

i'm struggling for a week now just to reflash my bios to a new Splash img
I used the phoenix tool but never got to make it right,
that Insyde software is not so friendly 

I'm bagging u guys, if someone can help me I would do anything in return, when I say anything I mean it.

i'm a graphic designer,hackintosher,and a music producer so you will sure have a value for a favor from me,

I will upload the photo I want to replace with that deadass lenovo logo, just tell me sizes and format.
the basic one attached below

god bless u guys for your work.

thanks in advanced

btw: this is the bios version i want to modify 
Lenovo Bios

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
Where do you read BIOS is write-protected? Please link, thanks - I searched, and your mention is the ONLY mention of C930 here

Which image are you wanting to replace, I need to see this so I know I pick the correct one.

I extracted the exe and the actual BIOS image name is >> 8GCN32WW_BootGuard.fd << That's an issue if bootguard is enabled (means no editing period, unless/until you replace the PCH)

Lets check and see if bootguard is enabled

Check BIOS main page and see if ME FW version is shown (Should be 11.8 if it's same as what's in this BIOS), if not then download HWINFO64 and on the large window on left side, expand motherboard and find ME area, inside that get the ME Firmware version. Once you have that, go to this thread and in the section "C" download the matching ME System Tools Package (ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

Once downloaded, inside you will find MEInfo folder, and inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder.
Select that Win folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (Not power shell).
At the command prompt type the following command and look at the bottom of the report >>MEInfoWin.exe -verbose

We're looking at "Measured Boot" and "Verified Boot" on the Left/FPF side, do you see them enabled or disabled on Left/FPF side?

If you are stuck on Win10 and cannot easily get command prompt, and method I mentioned above does not work for you, here is some links that should help
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-add-c...ors-update
https://www.windowscentral.com/add-open-...windows-10
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/open-...privileges
find
(07-16-2019, 01:11 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Where do you read BIOS is write-protected?  Please link, thanks - I searched, and your mention is the ONLY mention of C930 here

Which image are you wanting to replace, I need to see this so I know I pick the correct one.

I extracted the exe and the actual BIOS image name is >> 8GCN32WW_BootGuard.fd << That's an issue if bootguard is enabled (means no editing period, unless/until you replace the PCH)

Lets check and see if bootguard is enabled

Check BIOS main page and see if ME FW version is shown (Should be 11.8 if it's same as what's in this BIOS), if not then download HWINFO64 and on the large window on left side, expand motherboard and find ME area, inside that get the ME Firmware version. Once you have that, go to this thread and in the section "C" download the matching ME System Tools Package (ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

Once downloaded, inside you will find MEInfo folder, and inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder.
Select that Win folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (Not power shell).  
At the command prompt type the following command and look at the bottom of the report >>MEInfoWin.exe -verbose

We're looking at "Measured Boot" and "Verified Boot" on the Left/FPF side, do you see them enabled or disabled on Left/FPF side?

If you are stuck on Win10 and cannot easily get command prompt, and method I mentioned above does not work for you, here is some links that should help
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-add-c...ors-update
https://www.windowscentral.com/add-open-...windows-10
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/open-...privileges

First of all u r the man bro, thank u for your attention

second,
my measured boot is disabled but my verified boot is enabled,
is this a dead end?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
You're welcome, and thanks! Big Grin

Show me the actual report, so I can see left/FPF side and right side all in image.
What you show there is very confusing and not ideal for me to gauge what's really going on.

I'm still waiting on confirmation, but I think it's enabled so no mod. however, sometimes you can still mod certain areas of the BIOS that are not protected.
So please show me the image you want to replace so I can locate it in the BIOS and see if it's in a protected range or not.
find
(07-19-2019, 01:19 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: You're welcome, and thanks! Big Grin

Show me the actual report, so I can see left/FPF side and right side all in image.  
What you show there is very confusing and not ideal for me to gauge what's really going on.

I'm still waiting on confirmation, but I think it's enabled so no mod.  however, sometimes you can still mod certain areas of the BIOS that are not protected.
So please show me the image you want to replace so I can locate it in the BIOS and see if it's in a protected range or not.

u r just amazing bro, thats the whole report,
the logo i want to embedded is attached in the first post, i dont know yet how to locate it, but in generally it should be located in the center of the screen, will it be safe to mod it even after what you mentioned??

the whole script is attached below,

thank u so much in advanced

Attached Files
.txt   meinfo.txt (Size: 8.28 KB / Downloads: 5)
find
That's strange layout, usually looks like one of these, that's why I asked. Odd to see nothing on ME side
[Image: 44sAFlM.jpg]

[Image: ymftov9.png]

I see, enabled from the ME side are pushed onto next line, must be something to do with your DPI or font size maybe?

As for the image, I don't mean show me in BIOS or anything like that, show me a picture of it at boot that you take with camera. So I know what image I am looking for.
It's not this one, correct?
[Image: FdyHOnX.png]

I can't say if it's a safe image to edit until I know what image I am editing, so I can see where it is inside the BIOS file.
If it's not in a boot guard protected area then yes you can modify it.

Sadly, aside from Bootguard, I see this in EZH20 - so you really need flash programmer and a dumped BIOS to even think about making a single byte change, because if this means RSA signed then you usually cannot change anything and you'd need your flash programmer and original backup to recover from any testing. And yes, upon further opening I can see RSA keys, so you need flash programmer to try anything
[Image: LFWSzKB.png]

Do you have flash programmer? If not, order CH341A + SOIC8 test clip with cable, if you need links let me know (it's less than $7 total shipped)

There is a few alternate logo's in there already, surprised BIOS doesn't give you a choice, or flashing package doesn't have option to change etc
[Image: BidrNu2.png]
find