Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 795
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108006
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9214
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8765
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14357
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425642
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3844
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 534
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 724
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227582
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119717
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6999
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 621
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310591
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

Lenovo g710 bricked, be alive again, but...
#1
Hello
Need to unbrick the bios via a SPI PGM. Anyone has the bios dump here?

Thanks
find
quote
#2
(03-10-2017, 12:03 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: No problems Smile

Hi DeathBringer, I have same problem. I switch graphic card settings to pci express video card in bios advence settings. I had black screen. I did what you say but pc didnt start. I had black screen again. I ll send you a photo about my egpu system and motherboard.  What can I do? Can you help me? 

My system is: Lenovo G710 i5-4200m GT720m and my motherboard brand is ginkgo as it seems on photo.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
           
find
quote
#3
Did you tried already described algorithm?
(11-17-2017, 03:18 AM)silverpin123 Wrote: I switch graphic card settings to pci express video card in bios advence settings.
In BIOS or in rom-file by BIOS editor?
find
quote
#4
(11-17-2017, 03:22 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Did you tried already described algorithm?
(11-17-2017, 03:18 AM)silverpin123 Wrote: I switch graphic card settings to pci express video card in bios advence settings.
In BIOS or in rom-file by BIOS editor?

My editted bios is: 
http://ad-file.com/private/7bMsWlR7q/623...e284de5daf 
And I installed this on my computer. It worked fine but I changed my settings and I started to had black sreen Sad

and Dudu2002 was my editor. (He helped me a lot)
find
quote
#5
If you already tried described algorithm then only a hardware programmer can help.
find
quote
#6
Hello guys,

i got a lenovo g710 laptop(without integrated vga) from my friend. He said that he got a problem with his laptop after the windows update.
i have heard that its because of the bios. When i turn on the laptop then the cpu fan is working, i can see some LED is on, but the screen stays black.
i ordered a test clip for the bios chip and a CH341A programmer for the bios reprogramming. i did not receive them yet.
i have a question: can anybody help to modify the bios rom for recovery? because i ever seen that the bios roms are custom made for each laptops otherwise we will get some problems with wifi card and stuff like that... if i read and save the bios into a file then can anybody help me to make the bios correct again?

sorry for the english. its not my mother language Smile
find
quote
#7
Hope i will be right here.

Hello dear all forum participants,

I have the following problem and need your help.
When trying a Bios update on a Lenovo G710the process stopped at 65%.
I let it stand for a whole day but without success.
You should not finish the Bios update stays there but after one day I did this. Afterwards the laptop was dead. No more booting possible.
Had done all Recoverey options which I found in the net with Bios unpack and rename the *.fd file in different variants
(*.bin, *.f, *.hex, and *.f?, ) (press win and R with inserted Stick with that file which didn't work either.)

Thereupon I bought an Epprom Programmer and after a few tries i tried to flash an bios file with an soi clamp onboard
(i think i found the file from your forum to get Laptop alive again, because the format should be *.bin or *.rom for Programmer to work).
It was BIN File 8ecn95ww. This worked.
So far so good, it boots again but the SN no longer matches the SN on the case lid.

There is also a UUID but I don't know if this is the original one?
I tried to rewrite the SN with a Lenovo Maintenance Diskette 1.90, but there is always the error message "Epprom write protected"
and you should press esc if Lenovo appears when booting. This remains unsuccessful. No access to Epprom.

I think that the G710 might need another tool to boot and manage the SN and UUID!?
The tool i have should be for all Thinkpads but I think the G710 is an Ideapad series.
What can I do to change the SN in bios to the SN on the case and make sure that the existing UUID is correct?

Will the installed Win10 still be activated with other sn or UUID? I didn't install/boot the HDD yet, wanted to make sure first.
Sorry for all the explanatory text. Just wanted to describe the problem as detailed as possible.

And sorry for the my bad english.

Greetings from Germany
bighope
find
quote
#8
SN and UUID would be whatever was in the dump you programmed in, or generic stock placeholder. You have to fix this with programmer

Open your system back, take images of all stickers on board, under and between memory sticks (remove them in case there is a sticker under), any stickers on inside of back cover and then any stickers on outside of back cover. Is your LAN (Ethernet) currently working? Usually this is set incorrectly too, but not always. If this is not working for you, then dig around in your router logs and see if you can find your old correct MAC ID, in case it's not on one of the stickers. If we can't find, we can't fix, hopefully it's on a sticker!
find
quote
#9
Hello Lost_N_BIOS,
Thank you so much for your help.
I don't know that much about Bios topics and I'm happy if someone can help me.
Where should I send the photos? Here in the forum or by PM?
On Fotos is seen there are two Bios Chips. I flashed the big (32) one. Another one (16) is there.
Lan is working over an booted WinPE.
Many greetings
bighope
find
quote
#10
Put all that in a zip, and upload to any free file host, then post link here or send in PM if you don't want to post here.

Good your LAN is working, that means we only need to fix serial, UUID etc.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)