Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
Last Post: Alxstroi
Yesterday 11:08 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 71374
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 10:51 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6598
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Yesterday 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22065
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41011
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Yesterday 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317253
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Yesterday 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101104
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Yesterday 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2526
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Yesterday 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 342
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Yesterday 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55344
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64139
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4105
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
03-27-2024 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 152
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
03-27-2024 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 102
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52234
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167328
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 243
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 335
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 150
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 134

Lenovo g710 bricked, be alive again, but...
Hi!

Can you help me out. I'm trying to flash Lenovo G710 8ECN95WW UEFI (G710X64_6M.fd) with SLIC Mod, but getting "invalid firmware image" Phoenix Secure Flash
[Image: f51573230015429.jpg]

find
Hardware programmer is being used here Cooool - it may not be possible without that.
Send me your mod BIOS and I will make you a stock modified windows flash package, you may be able to flash it that way.
find
Lost_N_BIOS, I don't trust you. Big Grin I don't need malware. Is it possible to remove UEFI image checksum check?

find
OK....? see you later then I guess is all there is to say here Big Grin
People that mod BIOS do not have time to create and spread malware, what's wrong with you? Big Grin

Yes, I can possibly remove this block using the within windows using the stock flasher only. The only way you can remove it within the current onboard BIOS to allow a flash is with programmer (Dump BIOS, edit to remove that exact block, program back in)

However, before I can try to remove it on the stock flasher, you need to first try to flash using that package and show me it's exact error you get when trying to flash your mod BIOS. Take this stock EXE extracted package, replace G710X64_6M.fd with your modified BIOS and name it G710X64_6M.fd, then run the flash tool and show me the error you get, then I can try to remove for you. This is not always possible, only thing you can do is try.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...3648118583
find
Lost_N_BIOS, your shared archive is exactly same as original - Lenovo G710 UEFI - 8ECN95WW. Is it possible to make modded UEFI to remove checksum check and flash it using InsydeFlash? And after that flash SLIC Modded UEFI! Only possible solution is to de-solder UEFI EEPROM and flash it with programmer? Dodgy

P.S.
Is it possible to flash with Intel Flash Programmer tool?

P.S.S.
I have done all what you mentioned before. Executed InsydeFlash.exe with SLIC Modded UEFI. InsydeFlash.exe copied SLIC Modded UEFI in Buffer, rebooted laptop and failed at flashing process with invalid firmware image message.

find
Yes, that is what I said "here is stock package" Please do exactly as I mentioned, and show me the error you get in windows, otherwise we can't continue here.
If there is no error in windows before it reboots, then nothing you can do without flash programmer

* Edit! Wait, we can try this via FPT, but may run into other blocks, which some may require programmer to get around too
Go to this thread and in the section "C" download the V10 ME System Tools Package
https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-M...Tools.html

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder.
Select that Win folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (Not power shell).
At the command prompt type the following command and send me the created file to modify >> FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error, if you do show me image of the command entered and the error give >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin

If you are stuck on Win10 and cannot easily get command prompt, and method I mentioned above does not work for you, here is some links that should help
Or, copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a USB Bootable disk and do the dump from DOS (FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin)
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-add-c...ors-update
https://www.windowscentral.com/add-open-...windows-10
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/open-...privileges
find
Flashing back dumped UEFI.

FPTw.exe -BIOS -F 8ECN95WW-UEFI-Reg.bin

Intel ® Flash Programming Tool. Version:  10.0.30.1054
Copyright © 2007 - 2014, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Platform: Intel® HM86 Express Chipset
Reading HSFSTS register... Flash Descriptor: Valid

--- Flash Devices Found ---
   W25Q16BV    ID:0xEF4015    Size: 2048KB (16384Kb)
   W25Q32BV    ID:0xEF4016    Size: 4096KB (32768Kb)

PDR Region does not exist.
GBE Region does not exist.

Error 28: Protected Range Registers are currently set by BIOS, preventing flash access.
Please contact the target system BIOS vendor for an option to disable Protected Range Registers.

find
Error 28 can be bypassed with this tool, make DOS Bootable USB and put these and your backup BIOS region on the USB, additionally put all files from the DOS FPT folder there too. Then boot to DOS and run PRR or PRR2, then without rebooting try the FPT flash again, if still error, then try next PRR/2 then FPT again
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...2423363709

If you get it to flash with one of the PRR apps. Then reboot to windows, edit your BIOS region FPT dump for SLIC and whatever other mods you did before, then boot back to DOS and do PRR again and then flash your mod BIOS region by FPT
find
(05-31-2019, 01:23 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: I have no idea what hex editor you are using, or what mode you have it in, or what files are open etc, but that looks like some kind of compare or differences mode and it's showing you differences between that file and some other, or that file and previous etc.  Ignore it or open the file in some other hex editor if this concerns you.  What you see written in the actual file is the only actual data in that file.

I would flash both chips, so you have updated data on both and the unlocked FD so you can easier flash/recover if need be next time around.

I do not know if changing this data in direct hex w/ complete or dumped chip file would break the BIOS or not, it's not the proper way to do it so I don't suggest that method.  IF that's what you meant when you asked about replacing SN

When/if new BIOS shows up for download, install it using the normal process with the exe provided by Lenovo.  Do not program on anything you extract from the exe, this will cause you to loose serial, UUID, LAN MAC ID, NVRAM etc all over again.  You sent me "Dumped" or "Backed-up" files, which I used to create the files for you to program in, this is not same as what you get in exe BIOS download even after double or triple extractions etc.

You're welcome!!

I'm sorry,
i think i need your help again. When trying to flash your files the following error occurred:
"Chip Main Memory are not null.  With version 1.34 of the Ch341a Programmer.

Likewise AS1.4 stops with Error showed in picture:

This error comes after each try.

Same at 2mb chip with following error:

To read the both chips is no problem!?
What can i do to solve the problem?
find
Bighope, sounds like you are not doing things in correct order, and or you may have a loose connection or be using incorrect software for these chips to write. What are the chip ID's again

When you write, you need to do this, in this order >> Erase, blank check, open BIOS file you want to write, then write/verify. Do not use auto, unless you uncheck erase, blank check and then leave only write/verify. Then do first two manually, open BIOS file after that, then press auto for the read/verify part at end.

They may be protected, but I doubt it. you can unprotect anyway with ASProgrammer. Click the "unprotect" button to left of stop sign on both chips, then carry on as usual. If you continue to get errors something wrong with setup, loose connection, need to choose different software or different chip ID (For W25Q32FV try BV instead) etc. Chip and main memory are not null is not good, this means it's not erasing, so you shouldn't write anything until it's erased, bad connection or software/ID choice. Try 1.30 or 1.18 for those and see if it helps, also try the BV ID for FV chip)
find