Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108053
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3541
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9216
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8767
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14363
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425652
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 535
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227622
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119723
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7000
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310605
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62226

MCP61PM-GM - Mod and Microcode Help
#1
Hi. I have a MCP61PM-GM (eMachines ET1331) and need some help modding my bios. I already tried modding with AMIBCP and MMTOOL, (Unlock features and add CPU microcodes) but the board dosen't boot each time I edit the bios. I don't know what i'm doing wrong. I get no errors while editing.

I have a eeprom programmer and a backup of my chip before starting any mods.

I will include some files

P01-A2L.ROM - Latest untouched bios availiable for this board
AMD AM2 MicroCode - Folder with some AMD AM2 Microcodes

Thank you.
find
quote
#2
What AMIBCP and MMTool were you using, and what did you change?

I only see Quick Boot, Quiet Boot as possible things to enable (Set Access to User)
Smart Fan, check the box, that may or may not work depends on your boards hardware (And this may cause non boot possibly if hardware missing)
If you checked the Smart Fan box, did you also test a mod BIOS without doing that, but making the two above changes alone too?

Are you programming in the modified BIOS? If not, try that instead of flashing.

In your microcode package, one is not microcode (#15=all 00's/padding) and only 7 of them are latest versions, which are the ones already up to date (FYI)

Here is three mod BIOS, both with updated microcodes, and one with AMIBCP changes as mentioned above (1 with all I mentioned, 1 without smart fan change, in case that causes failure) You may need to rename them to shorter names if flashing, if using programmer should be no problem with long name.
[Image: ovNGToQ.png]

http://www.filedropper.com/mcp61pm-gm-modx3
find
quote
#3
Thanks for your response

I have good news. I flashed "P01-A2L-ucode-QuickQuiet-Smartfan.rom" and it worked fine. Maybe it's the version of AMIBCP i was using? I was only enabling those stuff from Access to User and checking the Smart Fan box.

I'm using AMIBCP3.13 and MMTOOL 3.22.

It's possible to add microcode for QuadCore cpus? Like 00100FA0 00100F43?

--------------EDIT------------------

Switched to MMTOOL3.26 and now I added microcode for QuadCore, It's working (boots fine) but needs testing with a QuadCore CPU.

[Image: NlqJgJu.png]

Bonus tip: This board works with 8GB of Ram, instead of the 4GB advertised.


Attached Files
.rar   P01-A2L_MOD.rar (Size: 487.6 KB / Downloads: 20)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)