Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[WORKING] Asus P8Z77-V: NVMe BOOT Suppor...
Last Post: 0nlythebest
Yesterday 08:35 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 22801
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad SL400 & SL500 ...
Last Post: ivan333bor
Yesterday 04:54 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 6781
uefi mod for mac pro 1.1/21. support xeo...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 02:50 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 82
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Yesterday 02:48 PM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 335
[REQUEST] DNS A35FB, Pegatron A35
Last Post: Polkash51
Yesterday 01:28 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2847
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 (HEE...
Last Post: MANIANA18
Yesterday 07:20 AM
» Replies: 120
» Views: 22035
ASUS R1F CPU upgrade
Yesterday 12:22 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 185
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 (8ACNxx...
Last Post: psycomaffo
04-18-2024 10:36 AM
» Replies: 69
» Views: 26136
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
04-17-2024 05:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 145
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
04-17-2024 03:23 PM
» Views: 129
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
04-17-2024 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6232
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
04-17-2024 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 220164
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
04-17-2024 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 204
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
04-17-2024 08:28 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 200
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98843
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 24121
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 324802
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 1087
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad P14s 3rd Gen 1...
04-16-2024 07:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 353
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: pashtet440
04-16-2024 06:56 AM
» Views: 182

MSI K8MM-V (MS-7142) v1a With Unlocked Overclocking Features
(02-03-2010, 03:09 AM)1234s282 Wrote: try flashing it with uniflash??

Admin

hi just tryed uniflash to and it says cant find file then cant open file ?? any ideas??
find
il admit im running out of them!

Admin
find
Thumbs Up 
Hi *,

Well since lots of people in this topic are asking for confirmation and of course the admin of the site cant confirm, here are my 2 cents...

v1a Unlocked Bios is working as expected, flashing process was almost flawless, i just got freezed up one time after the flashing procedure during the first bios reconfiguration but i guess it was my mistake since i forget to put the defaults (optimized defaults) as soon as i put them the bios doesn't got stuck anymore and i was able to tune-it as always.

Now some screenshots of the bios booting and of course the main menus of the configuration panel...
[Image: 26508214.th.jpg][Image: 35384695.th.jpg][Image: 95320770.th.jpg][Image: 11487191.th.jpg][Image: 11396029.th.jpg]
[Image: 48500750.th.jpg][Image: 94503238.th.jpg][Image: 45068958.th.jpg][Image: 10338725.th.jpg][Image: 78600846.th.jpg]

As you can see from the screenshots there are some new settings but of course the most important is actually the last the Cell Menu, which now have the CPU Clock were we can control the processor FSB and change the value up to 232 Mhz...
[Image: 75703226.th.jpg]

As you may already notice in my previous screenshot, it is already being overclocked in 220 Mhz (even that i can easily overclock it up to maximum value possible, i notice a really increase in the temperature while using at 232 Mhz while at 220 Mhz the temps were stable enough for being overclocked with just the stock cpu fan) for a 10% Gain.
And for the people that want to see if its really working or need more proofs, here is my CPU-Z validation entry:
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1433072

Now last but not least, i have to thank you 1234s282, i never expected someone to mod the bios, i was just resigned to see this mobo as impossible to overclock it with out the need of clockgen (which of course is not persistent as this and if you have and agp vidcard it will bsod the system as soon as you go a little up)...

Greetings from Mexico

PS: Pardon me the bad writing, m not a truly english writer.
find
Rainbow 
(01-23-2010, 05:51 AM)sambaranghosh Wrote: Can anyone confirm the bios to be working please

ms-7142 over clocking success with this bios update increase Bus speed in range of Heart200 MHz to Heart232 MHz
Cool 100% yes this bios is working on msi ms-7142 motherboard and enable all the hidden features of this mother board along with over clocking feature. Bus speed can be increased in range of 200 MHz to 232 MHz

Rolleyes Here is my cpu-z validation click on the link below Rolleyes

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1525570

thanks to admin Angel

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
(10-16-2010, 02:07 AM)g30rg3_x Wrote: Hi *,

Well since lots of people in this topic are asking for confirmation and of course the admin of the site cant confirm, here are my 2 cents...

v1a Unlocked Bios is working as expected, flashing process was almost flawless, i just got freezed up one time after the flashing procedure during the first bios reconfiguration but i guess it was my mistake since i forget to put the defaults (optimized defaults) as soon as i put them the bios doesn't got stuck anymore and i was able to tune-it as always.

Now some screenshots of the bios booting and of course the main menus of the configuration panel...
[Image: 26508214.th.jpg][Image: 35384695.th.jpg][Image: 95320770.th.jpg][Image: 11487191.th.jpg][Image: 11396029.th.jpg]
[Image: 48500750.th.jpg][Image: 94503238.th.jpg][Image: 45068958.th.jpg][Image: 10338725.th.jpg][Image: 78600846.th.jpg]

As you can see from the screenshots there are some new settings but of course the most important is actually the last the Cell Menu, which now have the CPU Clock were we can control the processor FSB and change the value up to 232 Mhz...

As you may already notice in my previous screenshot, it is already being overclocked in 220 Mhz (even that i can easily overclock it up to maximum value possible, i notice a really increase in the temperature while using at 232 Mhz while at 220 Mhz the temps were stable enough for being overclocked with just the stock cpu fan) for a 10% Gain.
And for the people that want to see if its really working or need more proofs, here is my CPU-Z validation entry:

Now last but not least, i have to thank you 1234s282, i never expected someone to mod the bios, i was just resigned to see this mobo as impossible to overclock it with out the need of clockgen (which of course is not persistent as this and if you have and agp vidcard it will bsod the system as soon as you go a little up)...

Greetings from Mexico

hi i just miss one thing that is multiplyer. Is it there
find
Hi ADMIN i´ve tried it too and the awflash util says its an unrecognizable file, uniflash didnt do the flash, i had to download the same 7142v1a vers from Msi to roll back the bad flash, though i still hope i can do it. The screen shots seem legit, but how come its a bin file..?

What happened next was that it erased the MAC address with ffff´s from the integrated lan , so now i have to spoof it..

I really dont lose anything by trying to OC anyways the board is crippled in some way from a long time ago-..

Please be more specific on how to flash the bios with that bin file and where did you get it from?,, sorry for the doubt i just hope its not a viral file.
or which award bios util did you use AWFL859g (factory basic) or Award dmi configuration utility 2.4 ?,, which is very diferent from the one that comes from MSI
I dont blame you for anything (just in case), just be more specific and maybe that´l help

Same board with a Amd 1600. (or sempron 2600 same thing)

If it´s to your good will to us hopeless MSI users, you could do a screen shoot of the flash util that you used to do this, that way i´ll know what bios flasher to use,, and of course i´ll post back to all which is the right flasher so we can move forward in our lives over this and maybe get our christmas present Tongue the dreaded OC
find
Rainbow 
(12-12-2010, 01:50 AM)overnight Wrote: Hi ADMIN i´ve tried it too and the awflash util says its an unrecognizable file, uniflash didnt do the flash, i had to download the same 7142v1a vers from Msi to roll back the bad flash, though i still hope i can do it. The screen shots seem legit, but how come its a bin file..?

What happened next was that it erased the MAC address with ffff´s from the integrated lan , so now i have to spoof it..

I really dont lose anything by trying to OC anyways the board is crippled in some way from a long time ago-..

Please be more specific on how to flash the bios with that bin file and where did you get it from?,, sorry for the doubt i just hope its not a viral file.
or which award bios util did you use AWFL859g (factory basic) or Award dmi configuration utility 2.4 ?,, which is very diferent from the one that comes from MSI
I dont blame you for anything (just in case), just be more specific and maybe that´l help

Same board with a Amd 1600. (or sempron 2600 same thing)

If it´s to your good will to us hopeless MSI users, you could do a screen shoot of the flash util that you used to do this, that way i´ll know what bios flasher to use,, and of course i´ll post back to all which is the right flasher so we can move forward in our lives over this and maybe get our christmas present Tongue the dreaded OC

Idea I USED THIS UTILITY TO FLASH MY BIOS FROM MSI IT IS WINDOWS BASE AND A BIT OF TRICK
@very good luck

try your luck @ your own risk

SEE THE ATTACHMENT BELOW

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
(10-16-2010, 02:07 AM)g30rg3_x Wrote: Hi *,

Greetings from Mexico

hi it was great but i am having a problem after increasing bus speed up to 227 my system freeze what can be the problem my ram fsb or ht link or power
find
Thanks for all the confirmations and screenshots! Smile

As stated further up the post , I cant test this was i dont own the motherboard but i am really glad its working for everyone Smile

@singhnandsachita: You have probably set the FSB too high for your current cooling system to cope with , unplug pc from the mains , remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard , wait a good 10-15 minutes then put it back in and load all bios defaults and you should be good Smile
find
yahooooo... flashing success !!!!!

Thanks for the screenshot...dude.. today is my birthday aswell so thanks for that to..

Now For those stray souls this is how it goes..
Print these instructions firts just in case
take precautions if for some reason the flash fails..

Go to MSI.com and download the standard 7142vms bios factory version and download it, it comes with a flash util meant for children to play with i guess..That Award version is the awfl859g.exe for dos. NOw
then reset pc and enter bios.. Set your bios to boot first from diskette and reset to windows again .Now make a windows 98 boot diskette.. you can find the diskcreator on the web.

"boot98" for exmaple.

UNcompress the MSI bios updates you downloaded to another floppy (try rev 1.9 and 1.a0 (or download both)

Now you have three floppies right !
Now:
If your OC bios crashes, do the following:
Disconnect all from your pc, jus leave the floppy drive and nothing more then unplug the pc.
take the cmos battery out or the j1 jumper, whatever you like best.
wait a few seconds and replace the battery or reconnect the jumper.now your cmos is cleared.
insert and load the DOS from the win98 floppy and select without cd-rom support when prompted.
once DOS loaded, exchange it for the floppy with the Bios from MSI you made before.
-type dir
-type 7142vms copy c:
this will copy all files to the ram-virtual drive
!!! never i mean never flash from the floppy , you must do it from the pc ram memory !!!
now type "c:" and verify that awfl859g.exe and the w7142vms. "vers" bios are there with a load of other stuff.
-run awfl859g.exe
when the utyl screen appears type in the bios name file "w7142vms. 1a0" for example if you made a copy of that one and hit enter.,, it should confirm if you want you save the old bios... i dont do it, its your choice but you should... if youre saving it you´ll beprompted to rename it.. do so and hit enter again..

then when asked to "reprogram bios" type "y" for yes... and wait till its finishes.. dont do anything until it stops.. if everything goes well it should say "success hit f1 to reboot"

do that and good luck

NOW for the so wanted OC BIOS !!!!

Download "award winflash 192" or any other windows based version from award that read bin files.
heres one link its a german page but the program is in english
http://www.pcwelt.de/downloads/Award-Win...11266.html

-hit the red button and the download will start..
-Unzip or unrar the file in a folder...
!!!!close all aplications antivirus and disconnect from internet just in case!!!!
once uncompressed.. run it.
Once opened youll see the screen with the green areas It should be blue where it says "mainblock" .
Then theres two options on the left pane.
checkmark "clear cmos" (only)
(dont mess with the rest of the options , those are for people who are flashing the hole Bios chip with another award update..) i mean serious stuff
Now first back up your bios go to..."file"..backup bios-.. put a name to it and save it so you can reflash that old file once recovered from a crash if it happens..

(i mean like this-- reflash from crash first with awfl859g for dos ,, and in windows use the "award winflash 192" again to reflash using the old bios you saved. its a bin file. AWFL859 wont read it so dont try doing it from dos.)

Back to oc:

Then go to file again ... click "open"... and search for the "OC modified bin file" and double click it wherever you have it stored on the file window accept and close.

then go to "File"tab again

select update bios.. a pop up screen will appear that says " file already loaded" load gain?
select "yes"
another pop up appears with "update or cancel" select "update" and pray the electricity wont go off..

dont do anything else, wait for the process to finish,, then it´ll prompt you to restart if everything goes ok..
restart..
--tadaaaaa..

If all goes well you should restart greeted by the logo window.. press "del" and enter the bios on post and check the changes.. select "load default values" save and reset.

Check three things first, check your vcore temp, your Dram clock..and set the fan tolerance on PC health to 1 to start with...

In my case the lowest 166 mem slot had to be pulled out so now it reads DRAM 200mhz
im left with only 1gb ram but its faster and safer to OC that memory.

The rest is up to you.... get loaded on how to overclock safely.
Merry christmas,,,,
Big Grin
find