Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 460
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 104591
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 979
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3355
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 8481
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8163
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14341
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 248
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425534
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3838
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 528
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 328
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 667
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227470
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119626
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 385
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6994
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 615
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310559
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62217

Need help: Bad flash with incorrect version
#1
Hello everybody,

In the following lines I will explain what happened and what is the situation, so you can tell me if my motherboard is dead or not.

I have a Gigabyte 8IPE1000 Rev 2.x. I did not know that the "rev2.x" thing was a hardware revision so I updated BIOS with the "rev4.x" because I though it was a newer software. As you guess, here is where my problem begins.

When I switch my computer on, it runs RAM memory test successfully, it detects the hard drives successfully, and it shows the following message "CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded. Press F1 to continue or DEL to enter setup" (see attached picture). But the keyboard is not working, so I can NOT press any key. I am stuck in that screen.
   

I use a PS/2 keyboard and I have tried a USB keyboard too. It is not a keyboard problem because it worked fine while updating the BIOS. This problem is caused by the BIOS update, because I used a wrong BIOS version.

I have already tryied to erase CMOS as explained in the user manual, but it does not fix it: turn off the compunter and unplug the power cord, remove the battery and wait for 30 second, reinstall the battery, plug the power cord and turn on the computer. I even removed the battery for several hours.

Is the motherboard dead? should I buy a new one? Can anyone help me to fix it?

Thank you in advanced.
Waiting for your reply.
find
quote
#2
it happens as same if ps2 port or chip for keyboard has damaged.

there isn't solution if it doesn't accept keyboard input.
how it can be give order motherboard to do something without input operating?

but you might try to award bios recovery.
I think it will recovery, because the motherboard is still living.

if it fails, you need to hotflash, cmos chip replace, reprogramming, if the cmos has socket.

cmos soldiered on motherboard?, it is hard to sort it out.
need to buy new motherboard, unless you have nice soldering skill.

hope to good luck
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)