Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40951
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 305
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55285
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64123
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4095
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6557
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: drradkin
Yesterday 12:30 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2508
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 137
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 84
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52166
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167083
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 232
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
Last Post: Dudu2002
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 322
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 134
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 118
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6329
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 135
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125399
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 317030
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite A300D PSAK0C...
Last Post: 1000palladium
03-25-2024 10:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 227

[OFFER] Acer Aspire E5-572G Modded Bios
Lightbulb 
Hello,

I want to share the modded Bios I created for the Acer Aspire E5-572G notebook.
The official bios 1.09 was used as a base.
I'm offering three flavours: Microcode 01, Microcode 07 and Microcode 21.
Microcode 21 is the latest available microcode, this is the Bios you want to use unless you want the special properties of the other microcodes.
Microcode 07 is the latest microcode that allows using the full turbo clock speed on all cores (using single core turbo with all cores).
Microcode 01 is the one you should take if you want to try this. I wasn't able to get it to work on mine (i5 4210m, HM86), but your mileage may vary.
In case you want to always use an older microcode, I'm offering a script for windows that'll keep the OS from using a newer microcode (compatible with Windows Vista to Windows 10). Frequency and other things can be set up with ThrottleStop (use the latest version).
I've also included an overclocking enabled ME firmware that should (hopefully) allow overclocking on the HM87 equipped notebooks.
There are two flavours of this notebook available: Ones that use the HM87 chipset and others that use the HM86 chipset. Overclocking is only possible with HM87 as HM86 isn't capable of overclocking (tested it myself).
Additionally I offer a collection of Bios, EC, ME and FD files of this device, in case anyone wants to experiment with these for a bit (EC Modding, etc.).
I will update this bios in case there are newer parts available

Any feedback is welcome!

Features:
-Advanced Bios Options unlocked (Advanced, Power tabs and additional options in the existing tabs)
-Nvidia 840M/940M VBioses replaced with adapted 940MX VBios with unlocked TDP Limit, unlocked Boost Table and some OC (1306,5MHz GPU/1070MHz Memory - with general usability in mind) + all voltage sliders unlocked
-Intel Management Engine: Updated to 9.1.37.1002 + All Locks Unlocked + Overclocking Enabled For HM87 Notebooks + PAVP (Protected Audio/Video Path) Enabled
-Flash Descriptor unlocked
-Microcode updated to version 21 (respectively downgraded to 07 and 01)
-Intel GOP Driver updated to 5.5.1033
-Intel VGA Bios updated to 1042
-Intel RST OROMs updated to 15.1.0.2545
-Realtek Lan OROMs updated to 2.037/2.64
-Applied a few useful BIOS patches by CodeRush (Unlock CPU Power Management Register (useful for Hackintosh Users)/Disable BIOS Lock/Disable SMI Lock)

Flash procedure:
1. Copy the BIOS file to an empty and with FAT16/32 formatted usb stick.
2. Unplug the AC adapter.
3. Remove the battery of the notebook - you can unlock the battery on the backside.
4. Plug in the USB flash disk.
5. Press and hold <Fn> and <Esc>, and then plug in the AC adapter while still holding <Fn> and <Esc>.
6. Press the Power button. You can now stop holding <Fn> and <Esc>.
7. The BIOS flash should now begin, the fans will spin up at max speed and the power led should blink. It should take between one to two minutes.
8. After everything is done, you can reinsert the battery and go to the BIOS (F2). There you may want to change some settings (the BIOS flash erases all previously chosen settings).

Recommended Bios settings:

Main:
F12 Boot Menu ---> Enabled
D2D Recovery ---> Disabled

Advanced:
Boot Configuration: Numlock ---> On
Thermal Configuration: Cpu Thermal Configuration: Bi-Directional PROCHOT# ---> Disabled
Chipset Configuration: RTC Lock ---> Disabled
Chipset Configuration: IFR Update ---> Disabled
Chipset Configuration: BIOS Lock ---> Disabled
ACPI Table/Features Control: TCO WatchDog Support ---> Enabled
ACPI Table/Features Control: WatchDog ACPI Table ---> Enabled
ACPI Table/Features Control: ACPI Memory Debug ---> Disabled
ACPI Table/Features Control: PEP Graphics ---> Disabled
Extended ICC: Use WatchDog Timer For ICC ---> Enabled
Extended ICC: ICC Locks after EOP ---> All Unlocked

Security:
User Access Level ---> Full

Power:
Wake on LAN ---> Disabled
Advanced CPU Control: xAPIC Mode ---> Enabled
Advanced CPU Control: Package C-State Demotion ---> Enabled
Advanced CPU Control: Package C-State Un-Demotion ---> Enabled
Advanced CPU Control: ACPI 5.0 CPPC Support ---> Enabled
Advanced CPU Control: ACPI 5.0 CPPC Platform SCI ---> Enabled
Advanced CPU Control: Package Power Limit MSR Lock ---> Disabled
Advanced CPU Control: Long Term Power Limit Override ---> Enabled
Advanced CPU Control: Long Term Time Window ---> 128

Module names (for replacement/update):
GOP Driver: 7755CA7B-CA8F-43C5-889B-E1F59A93D575_256.ROM
Intel RST: 382F560D-17A9-4887-BD9C-EB439C1CC482_1654.ROM and 501737AB-9D1A-4856-86D3-7F1287FA5A55_1781.ROM
Intel VGA Bios: 8DFAE5D4-B50E-4C10-96E6-F2C266CACBB6_1743.ROM
Nvidia 840M VBios: D336DBCB-33C1-4D15-A06F-C3FF405C6A68_1749.ROM
Nvidia 940M VBios: C09F4207-D557-47D0-A4B5-1E4B6459E519_1761.ROM
Realtek LAN: 0A33D14A-7B60-4C58-9194-DED0812F9B2B_1767.ROM and E8991F69-D813-4116-A2C2-61E304ECBD72_1533.ROM
Intel Microcode (integrated in file): PADDING_2702.ROM
Management Engine: Integrated in BIOS image, HEX Editor needed for replacement

Credits:  -BDMaster for providing the way to unlock the bios
             -Donovan6000 for his very helpful guides and insights on Insyde bios modding
             -Andy P whose PhoenixTool I used to replace the modules
             -Plutomaniac for providing the used Intel ME firmware and the Intel ME System Tools to properly configure it for this notebook
             -Ultrax5 from TechInferno for providing his OC enabled ME firmware for 8-series systems which I used as a reference to unlock the feature for this notebook
             -SoniX for his Intel VGA Bios update guide and the OROM, Microcode and Intel VGA Bios database he maintains
             -Pacman for sharing the latest Intel RST 15.1.0.2545 OROMs
             -CodeRush for providing the included BIOS patches
             -WerePug from overclock.net for providing the way to unlock the Nvidia VBIOS voltage sliders for editing in Maxwell II BIOS Tweaker
             -The author of the Maxwell II BIOS Tweaker which I used for editing the Nvidia VBioses
             -All the other people who shared the used OROMs/Microcodes/Firmwares/Useful Information etc.

Changelog:
                 -13.09.16: 1.09a - Initial release
                 -03.10.16: 1.09b:
                                            -Unlocked a few more options that I missed before - everything that can be unlocked should be available now
                                            -Overclocking enabled ME is now included by default (no disadvantages for HM86 notebooks)
                                            -Applied a few useful BIOS patches by CodeRush (Unlock CPU Power Management Register (useful for Hackintosh Users)/Disable BIOS Lock/Disable SMI Lock)
                 -22.10.16: 1.09c:
                                            -Changed Nvidia GPU idle voltage from 0,94V to a more correct value of 0,76V - thanks to Maison1 from win-raid.com for bringing this matter to my attention
                                            -Unlocked all sliders in the Nvidia VBIOSes for editing with Maxwell II BIOS Tweaker - thanks to WerePug from overclock.net for posting the way to do this

Files:
Acer Aspire E5-572G - BIOS 1.09c - Microcode 01
Acer Aspire E5-572G - BIOS 1.09c - Microcode 07
Acer Aspire E5-572G - BIOS 1.09c - Microcode 21

DeleteMicrocode Script for Windows
Acer Aspire E5-572G BIOS-ME-EC-FD Collection
find
Hello!

I would like to use this mainly to control the fan. Because, the CPU temp usually stays above comfortable levels, and under very high loads it can get pretty close to the TDP. The fan only seems to start at all under high load, and even then it stays at a low speed. And I KNOW it can do much better, as seen during BIOS updates.

As someone who has never used a custom BIOS before, I have a few questions:
1) How risky would installing this be? Is is any more risky than an official update? Has this BIOS been tested?
2) If something goes wrong, what are my options for recovery? Do I need any specialized devices, or to solder/unsolder stuff?
3) And finally, if I want to revert to the official BIOS, could I do that? Like, for example, installing the official 1.09 on top of this?
find
Hi!

Sadly the fan can't be controlled even with the modded BIOS as it is controlled by the EC-controller that has a firmware of its own.
I haven't really looked into it, but maybe you can find a software that is capable of controlling it.
One thing you could also do is to try out the older BIOS versions to see if they handle the fan differently (the BIOS has the EC firmware embedded).
At least BIOS 1.02, 1.03 and 1.06 have a different EC firmware, but I don't know what exactly the differences are.
You can just rename them to "Z5WAWX64.FD" and flash them with the flash procedure above.
Should one of the older EC firmwares work better for you, I could integrate it into the 1.09 BIOS for you.
On a different note, undervolting reduces the temperatures quite noticeably too. I did so myself using ThrottleStop and got a nice decrease of temperatures (I undervolted CPU Core, CPU Cache and Intel GPU).

Now, to answer your questions:
1. I would say that it is even less riskier than doing an official update using the Windows flasher as there are no possible interferences (software-wise) using this method. I'm running this BIOS myself on this notebook as a daily-driver since some weeks.
2/3. Just rename the official BIOS to "Z5WAWX64.FD" and copy it on a USB stick. Then do the flash procedure above and you're back up. You can get all the official BIOSes from the "Acer Aspire E5-572G BIOS-ME-EC-FD Collection". Going back to any of the official BIOSes is possible at any time.

Hope this helps.
find
Update: BIOS 1.09b is now available!

Changes:
Unlocked a few more options that I missed before - everything that can be unlocked should be available now
Overclocking enabled ME is now included by default (no disadvantages for HM86 notebooks)
Applied a few useful BIOS patches by CodeRush (Unlock CPU Power Management Register (useful for Hackintosh Users)/Disable BIOS Lock/Disable SMI Lock)
find
Update: BIOS 1.09c is now available!

Changes:
Changed Nvidia GPU idle voltage from 0,94V to a more correct value of 0,76V - thanks to Maison1 from win-raid.com for bringing this matter to my attention
Unlocked all sliders in the Nvidia VBIOSes for editing with Maxwell II BIOS Tweaker - thanks to WerePug from overclock.net for posting the way to do this
find
Hello! I flashed the "21 cpu microcode" modded bios to my e5-572g. I set all of your recommended Bios settings. Now if I start a gpu stress test, my notebook get really warm and suddenly shutdowns. The fan is working 100%. I checked my GPU temp with AIDA64 when I ran the GPU tests, It raises 90-92 celsius before shutdown..  Sad

What should I do? What should I change from the Preferences? Can I underclock the GPU? I very like this modded BIOS, and I dont want to flash the stock one. 
I attached a screenshot from GPU-Z.

Thanks your answer! 
Sorry for my english.. I'm hungarian.  Blush 
Best regards! 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
@AzuraMeta

I have created a few test BIOSes that may have a different fan behaviour.
For that, I replaced the EC-firmware of the current ModBIOS (Microcode 21) with the EC-firmware of another BIOS version.
In case you want to test them, here they are:

Test_EC1.04-1.06
Test_EC1.03
Test_EC1.02

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In case anyone is interested in changing the fan behaviour, feel free to try out the test BIOSes I posted above.
I'm interested in whether they make a noticeable difference or not.

Also, I will probably turn down the overclock of the GPU VBIOSes for the ModBIOSes soon (as it was too much to handle for some notebooks) and offer a special version with the currently used overclock.
That way everyone should have a suitable BIOS for daily-use.
find
hello ,
first i will appriciate ur work i want to know this microcode 21 will work on my laptop E5 572g ,intel i5-4210M, main board(south bridge) Hm86,nvidia 940M. if yes can u pls. step by guied me as i new in all these stuffs. actually i want to install hackintosh as there is deticated graphics i cant.

Thank's in advance
find
@Tarunshadija

Hi,

yes, you can use this BIOS on your notebook.
Just extract the file I offer (Microcode 21 is the correct version for you) and copy the "Z5WAWX64.FD" file on an (preferably empty) usb-stick.
It needs to have a FAT16/32 file system, but that's what usb-sticks normally have.
Afterwards do the described flash procedure:

1. Copy the BIOS file to an empty and with FAT16/32 formatted usb stick.
2. Unplug the AC adapter.
3. Remove the battery of the notebook - you can unlock the battery on the backside.
4. Plug in the USB flash disk.
5. Press and hold <Fn> and <Esc>, and then plug in the AC adapter while still holding <Fn> and <Esc>.
6. Press the Power button. You can now stop holding <Fn> and <Esc>.
7. The BIOS flash should now begin, the fans will spin up at max speed and the power led should blink. It should take between one to two minutes.
8. After everything is done, you can reinsert the battery and go to the BIOS (F2). There you may want to change some settings (the BIOS flash erases all previously chosen settings).

I recommend you to set the recommended settings I mentioned in the first post after flashing.
As you want to use this notebook as a Hackintosh, also set the following settings:

Main-tab:
Graphic Mode --> Integrated (this disables the dedicated Nvidia graphics card)

Boot-tab:
Secure Boot --> Disabled (otherwise MacOS/Clover probably wouldn't boot, manually adding the bootloader as trusted using the setting "Select an UEFI file as trusted for executing" in the Security-tab may also work)

Also, a setting that may also be relevant is the following:

Advanced-tab:
Video Configuration: Internal Graphic Device: IGD - DVMT Pre-Allocated

This setting controls the fixed memory that is used for the internal graphics card, from what I can see its correctly set for a Hackintosh by default, but adjusting this might be necessary at times.

That should be everything that's necessary BIOS-wise, but I'm not an expert when it comes to Hackintosh (as I don't use one myself).
For everything installation-related there are some forums that can help you with that (in case you didn't know yet):
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/8...6-project/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/
http://forum.osxlatitude.com/

As far as I can see after doing some research, getting the card reader of this notebook working under OSX isn't possible as of now.
Wifi and Bluetooth depends on the installed card (it seems that Acer used various different ones), but at least the Qualcomm Atheros AR956X card should be okay.
Incompatible wifi- and bluetooth-cards can however be replaced with a compatible one.
Everything else should be possible with some fiddling.

Hope you get this notebook working as a Hackintosh.
Also, sorry for the rather late response, I was quite busy recently.

Edit 01.01.2017:

Some resources I found:
https://github.com/puorc/hackintosh-for-Acer-E5-572G (not available anymore, had configuration for OS X 10.11)
http://www.osxlatitude.com/edp/compatibility/
http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index....-572G-38HC
http://www.osx86.net/files/file/4453-int...y-install/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/help-...2g.160864/
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/3...r-e5-572g/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/track...es.210693/
find
Hello!

I'm having some issues with this.

My laptop version is E5-572G-75MW, with a Intel Core i7-4712MQ. I added 4GB of RAM to the initial setup (so now I have 8), an SSD, and replaced the hard drive with a faster one. I'm using Windows 10.
I installed the 1.09c - Microcode 21 version, and used the recommended settings.

However, I started getting some (rare) full-computer freezes, where absolutely everything gets frozen, with the only fix being a forced shutdown. There doesn't seem to be a clear direct cause for them, as they happened both when I was doing stuff, but also when I left the laptop idle for a while.
I also started getting some short freezes in games (the kind with repeating sound), which I've never had before on this laptop.

I tried reverting the settings to default, and even switching the BIOS back to stock 1.09, using the provided downloads. However the rare full-freezes continue to this day.

Any ideas?
find