Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108029
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9214
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8765
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14359
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425647
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3844
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 534
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 724
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227588
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119717
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6999
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 621
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310591
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62224

[REQUEST] Asus ROG G771JM bios unlock
#1
Hello

I was wondering if someone could unlock this BIOS on my ASUS ROG G771JM so I can remove the PROCHOT limitation which is set to 85C

Here is the link for the latest version of the BIOS:
BIOS 203 (G771JM)

Thank you!
find
quote
#2
(08-06-2015, 02:36 PM)Sitram Wrote: BUMP!

[Image: image.png]

Use AMIBcp v.4.50 to edit your Bios and follow this Tutorial (AMI Aptio Bios unlock) :

Here is the last AMIBCP version 4.53 :

http://rghost.net/7CN6GDWxJ

Here is a Tutorial to modify AMI Aptio Bios :

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...MSR-unlock!

Follow CodeRush Suggestions :

It's certanly not so easy for BIOSes with another menu setup, but the whole idea is the same.
I could also recommend trying AMIBCP to modify menu entries vilibility from "Default" to "USER",
if your menu setup is more complex then a setup above.

I have to flash my image on the administrator commandline using afuwinx64 bios_mod.rom /GAN . . .
Otherwise it gives me a security error (Thanks again CodeRush)

Let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#3
Is it enough to have the menu shown in BIOS and be able to modify it if I set the visibility to "USER" for "Thermal Configuration" and "Platform Thermal Configuration" menus? Do I have to change the visibility from "Default" to "USER" for all the options inside the "Platform Thermal Configuration" menu?

Which option from "Platform Thermal Configuration" menu controls the BD-PROCHOT?
find
quote
#4
Yes for 1st ask and I don't know for 2nd !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#5
Thank you for you help BDMaster.

I'll try to search on google and see what I can find.
find
quote
#6
Seems that the setting I am looking for is "Automatic Thermal Reporting". The description for this setting is "Configure _CRT, _PSV, and _ACO automatically based on values recommended in BWG’s Thermal Reporting for Thermal Management settings. Set to Disabled for manual configuration."

The settings below that, like "Critical Trip Point" are deactivated if "Automatic Thermal Reporting" is set on Enabled.

I can't seem to find anything on Google if I search for recommended values in BWG’s Thermal Reporting Sad
find
quote
#7
WinFlash utility from ASUS doesn't let me flash the moded BIOS. It says the version from the file is older then the one already installed on my laptop. I tried changing the date from the DMI Tables section but WinFlash still displays version 203 and build date 12/19/2014.

AMI Flash Utility freezes my laptop after I start it. Maybe it has something to do with having Windows 10 installed?
find
quote
#8
I found a command line parameter to force WinFlash to ignore the date check: "WinFlash.exe /nodate"

However now I get another error message: "BIOS File is not valid.

I give up Sad
find
quote
#9
Question 
Hi There!

OP, Did you use AMIBCP to simply change the required menus and options from 'Default' to 'USER' and save, or is there perhaps more to adjusting the throttle temp?

I have a G771JM that throttles at 85 Celsius (PROCHOT) and would like to adjust the TCC Activation offset (currently set at 0 from what I can see in AMIBCP 4.53).

I would note that this system has a different gpu, the GTX 860M, which also looks to throttle at that same temp of 84/85.

Here is a link to my bios rom taken today using the copy of afuwin that you linked previously (also attached to this post). I am running Win10 64 bits.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, I have been trying to sort this out for the past 7 months to no avail and have been putting off attempting a flash in fear of bricking a half-year old system.

Thanks so much,
cypher


Attached Files
.rar   afuwinrom.rar (Size: 2.19 MB / Downloads: 17)
find
quote
#10
Hi all.

I have an Asus Rog g771jm and it throtles at 85C. I just want to unlock the bios to set thermal throtling higher.

Has someone found a solution to this model?

Tks.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)