Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow @ Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[REQUEST] Asus ROG G771JM bios unlock
(12-05-2018, 09:32 AM)Gazman87 Wrote: Hi Feluchi.

Can you confirm if you can mod the BIOS/VBIOS for the G771JW?

I am having the same problems as many others with the CPU/GPU throttling severely during gaming or stress testing. From looking at GPU-Z I can see that the 960m GPU starts out at around 1100Mhz and by the time it gets stable under full load it has throttled down to 600Mhz or less with spikes along the way down to 135Mhz!

I temporarily connected a large extraction fan to the exhaust vent on the laptop and got temps WELL down (under 70 C at full load) but it still throttles down to 600Mhz with the reason coming up as power limit instead of thermal limit in GPU-Z.

The laptop has a larger power supply (9.5A vs 6.32A original) and I plan to install a more permanent cooling system extraction fan to boost cooling performance.

So far I have seen several suggestions including undervolting the CPU, running throttlestop and BIOS modifications but can't quite wrap my head around if one or all of these things are required.

Any advise is much appreciated.

Hi! Check your PM.
find
Hi Feluchi
same problem here with asus rog 771jw thermal throttling can i give it a try with the unlocked bios

Best regards
Simon
find
(12-05-2018, 04:52 PM)SimonW Wrote: Hi Feluchi
same problem here with  asus rog 771jw thermal throttling can i give it a try with the unlocked bios

Best regards
Simon

Hi! Check your PM.
find
Please excuse my being late, but have anyone successfully unlocked the GPU throttle through vBIOS on the same laptop yet?
find
(12-06-2018, 02:39 AM)feluchi Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 04:52 PM)SimonW Wrote: Hi Feluchi
same problem here with  asus rog 771jw thermal throttling can i give it a try with the unlocked bios

Best regards
Simon

Hi! Check your PM.

HI

Recently i bought ROG 771JW with 960M 4 GB and i found i got serius thermal throttling with it  ( it looks both CPU anf GPU). Could anyone send mi unlocked bios? How are solution to resolve these problem? I suppose if CPU temperature limit will be rised over 85 deg. it cause also higher overal temperatures inside and still there would be GPU thermal thottling?

Apprectiated any help here casue I cant play any game without loose power Sad
find
Hi,
I also have the same problems with my g771jm. Can i have your modded bios too please.
Thank you very much
find
(08-26-2019, 01:19 PM)asorulez Wrote: Hi,
I also have the same problems with my g771jm. Can i have your modded bios too please.
Thank you very much

Hi! Check your PM.
find
Hi
I also have the same problems with my g771jm. Can I get your modded bios too please.
thank you very much
find
(10-22-2019, 03:50 AM)Vaza Wrote: Hi
I also have the same problems with my g771jm. Can I get your modded bios too please.
thank you very much

Hi! Check your PM.
find
(10-22-2019, 12:48 PM)feluchi Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 03:50 AM)Vaza Wrote: Hi
thank you very much

Hi! Check your PM.

Hello I got the same problem too can you pm me too?
find