Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Today 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22052
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Today 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41004
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: k24a1
Today 05:28 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 6586
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 98
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317209
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101099
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2526
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 340
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55336
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64138
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4103
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 148
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 100
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52227
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167300
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 241
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 332
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 148
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 131
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6334

[REQUEST] Asus ROG G771JM bios unlock
Hi guys! I need some help unlocking the thermal settings in the bios of my laptop. The laptop starts thermal throttling when the i7 processor is only at 80C and it causes huge FPS drops in games. It would be great if the throttling temp could be raised a bit. I tried editing the bios myself, but it won't let me flash it, saying the version is older than the current one. Any help is appreciated Smile

PS: I am willing to pay for a modified bios that works.

BIOS: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/G771...MAS203.zip
find
Hi feluchi ;Op

Need this bios too please.

Regards.
find
Hey Feluchi. Is there any way you can assist with the following.

I recently bought one of the EXP GDC external GPU adapters to use with this said laptop but unfortunately, the BIOS doesn't have an option to make any changes to PCI-E ports. A lot of the YouTube videos I have seen, there's always some sort of configuration that can be made to anything regarding the Graphic Devices. 

https://imgur.com/Z2pGZZG 

Or has anyone else gotten an e-GPU working with our laptops? Maybe there is a hidden BIOS setting in a custom BIOS flash
find
Hi could you please also send the bios to me? I have Asus G771JM with version 202 bios and the thermal throttling is really annoying. Also would it be possible to make the fan spin 100% after CPU has hit 75c?
find
Oh wow, after this many years has someone actually figured out the G771JM ?!?!
I've been hunting for this for years (even posted on these forums previously to no avail).

I have a G771JM that throttles at 85 Celsius (PROCHOT assumedly?), and would totally pay for an unlocked bios at this stage. I had attempted to do this on my own a while back, but backed out as the system was only 5 months old at the time and I couldn't find anyone to confirm what I was doing was correct.

It's worth mentioning I'm also currently looking at EXP GDC options, like SDG_Stryker above, though I haven't committed as of yet.

Any chance I can get in on this? I'm currently running bios v203 on my G771JM (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/G771...MAS203.zip).

Thanks so much in advance feluchi!!
find
Hey Feluchi

Do you have a modified BIOS for the G771JM that allows one to disable the Nvidia GPU (Optimus) card?
find
I´m hoping to use a Samsung 960 EVO SSD M.2 2280 as boot/OS-drive in my ASUS G771JM laptop.
The drive is recognized in Windows 10 (from another bootable-drive) and can be formatted but I can´t make it bootable.
Does feluchi´s modified BIOS help?
find
(04-21-2018, 05:02 AM)Lamestpw Wrote: I´m hoping to use a Samsung 960 EVO SSD M.2 2280 as boot/OS-drive in my ASUS G771JM laptop.
The drive is recognized in Windows 10 (from another bootable-drive) and can be formatted but I can´t make it bootable.

[*]Important:
  • The "BOOT" section of the UEFI BIOS and the shortcut to the "Bootable Devices" will not show the NVMe SSD, although it may be bootable!
  • After having installed the NVMe supporting OS in UEFI mode onto the PCIe/M.2 connected SSD, you will see the new bootable system drive listed as "Windows Boot Manager".

[*]Here are some advices about how to get Win10 properly installed onto an M.2 or PCIe connected NVMe SSD:
  • Save the important data, which are currently on the NVMe SSD.
  • Create a bootable, FAT32 formatted USB Flash drive containing the desired Win10 image by using the tool Rufus (important: choose the UEFI mode partition table = GPT).
    Here is a picture, which shows the most important Rufus settings:
    [Image: f50t871p14810n38_OuVTrMzF-thumb.png]
  • Enter the BIOS and navigate to the "BOOT" section and - if applicable - the "SECURITY" or "Keys" section. 
    Make sure, that the "Secure Boot" and "Fast Boot" options are disabled. The "Compatibility Support Module" (CSM) should be set to "Disabled" as well (requires full UEFI compatibility of the graphics adapter) or to "Enabled" with the ability/preference to load EFI BIOS modules for the Storage Disk Drives.
    Side note: Some users reported, they they had to disable the ASMedia SATA Controller within the "Storage Configuration" section to be able to boot off the NVMe SSD.
  • Most important: Unplug all storage disk drives except the NVMe supporting SSD.
  • Insert the prepared USB Flash drive and boot off it in UEFI mode (the related bootable USB drive should be shown by the Boot Manager with the prefix "[UEFI]").
  • When you come to the point, where you have to decide onto which Drive and which partition the OS shall be installed, delete all existing partitions from your NVME supporting SSD. After having done that, let the Win10 Setup create a new partition for your future drive C: on the related SSD. Then point to this just created partition as the desired future OS location.
  • The rest should be done by the Setup automaticly. You will get a message, that some additional partitions have to be created. Accept that and follow the advice of the Setup where to install the OS.
  • Once the OS is up and running, shut down the computer, remove the bootable USB Flash driver and reconnect all your previously used storage drives.
  • Before you restart cour computer, make sure, that the NVMe SSD resp. its listed "Windows Boot Manager" is on top of the bootable storage drives.
find
(04-21-2018, 07:58 AM)Lamestpw Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 07:02 AM)feluchi Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 05:02 AM)Lamestpw Wrote: I´m hoping to use a Samsung 960 EVO SSD M.2 2280 as boot/OS-drive in my ASUS G771JM laptop.

[*]Important:
  • The "BOOT" section of the UEFI BIOS and the shortcut to the "Bootable Devices" will not show the NVMe SSD, although it may be bootable!
  • After having installed the NVMe supporting OS in UEFI mode onto the PCIe/M.2 connected SSD, you will see the new bootable system drive listed as "Windows Boot Manager".

[*]Here are some advices about how to get Win10 properly installed onto an M.2 or PCIe connected NVMe SSD:
  • Save the important data, which are currently on the NVMe SSD.
  • Create a bootable, FAT32 formatted USB Flash drive containing the desired Win10 image by using the tool Rufus (important: choose the UEFI mode partition table = GPT).
    Here is a picture, which shows the most important Rufus settings:
    [Image: f50t871p14810n38_OuVTrMzF-thumb.png]
  • Enter the BIOS and navigate to the "BOOT" section and - if applicable - the "SECURITY" or "Keys" section. 
    Make sure, that the "Secure Boot" and "Fast Boot" options are disabled. The "Compatibility Support Module" (CSM) should be set to "Disabled" as well (requires full UEFI compatibility of the graphics adapter) or to "Enabled" with the ability/preference to load EFI BIOS modules for the Storage Disk Drives.
    Side note: Some users reported, they they had to disable the ASMedia SATA Controller within the "Storage Configuration" section to be able to boot off the NVMe SSD.
  • Most important: Unplug all storage disk drives except the NVMe supporting SSD.
  • Insert the prepared USB Flash drive and boot off it in UEFI mode (the related bootable USB drive should be shown by the Boot Manager with the prefix "[UEFI]").
  • When you come to the point, where you have to decide onto which Drive and which partition the OS shall be installed, delete all existing partitions from your NVME supporting SSD. After having done that, let the Win10 Setup create a new partition for your future drive C: on the related SSD. Then point to this just created partition as the desired future OS location.
  • The rest should be done by the Setup automaticly. You will get a message, that some additional partitions have to be created. Accept that and follow the advice of the Setup where to install the OS.
  • Once the OS is up and running, shut down the computer, remove the bootable USB Flash driver and reconnect all your previously used storage drives.
  • Before you restart cour computer, make sure, that the NVMe SSD resp. its listed "Windows Boot Manager" is on top of the bootable storage drives.
[*]
WOW!  What a nice surprice, exactly what I was hoping for - a step by step instruction that I can follow (almost 70 y old guy..) I will try this and let you know how it pans out. Thanks a lot!
[*]
After several failed attempts I can see that there is an installation to the NVMe SSD to the tune of 8,65 Gb but every attempt goes like this:
Files are written to the ONLY drive on the computer: 250Gb NVMe SSD.
Installation reboots and start all over again. (Normally the installation would continue from the harddrive and not from the USB-memory?)
I did follow the instructions you gave me - adamantly.
I tried taking the USB-memory out when the installation reboots but the BIOS haven´t found the NVMe SSD at that point.
If I let the USB-memory with the ISO-image stay during reboot, the windows-installation just starts over.
As for getting any message during installation that partitions are being created, I´m afraid that´s not the case for me. I get one message showing that a partition is being created on NVMe SSD and I just confirm that suggestion.
I hope I have covered my predicament somewhat..
find
I flashed the file posted here and it worked!! I can go over 85C now. Before I couldn't play on high performance power plan because it keeps on stuttering. Now I had the option to turn of Cpu C state and turbo boost. Smooth as butter now. This is what kind of performance I was expecting when I bought this laptop. After 2 years of frustation. Thank you @bandig9229!!!
find