Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317071
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101052
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2517
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40959
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 335
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55304
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64129
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4095
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6566
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 143
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 89
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52171
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167140
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 238
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 326
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 139
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 125
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6331
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 137
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125407

[REQUEST] Asus ROG Strix GL702ZC BIOS Unlock
Here is initial test, I assume you'll be able to see new advanced and boot menu sections, with additional settings your other advanced/boot sections do not have. In new advanced I added USB section and CSM, which have settings your other USB/CSM did not have. New boot has many settings your other one does not too. If those are empty inside, let me know I will fix, should be plenty of options in each but like I said it may take a few rounds of BIOS before we get it all enabled.

But, most importantly what I need to know is can you see Chipset section now, or no? If you can, great, please tell me if the three sections inside are blank or have settings? If they have settings, please send image of each sections settings. Chipset is always a pain to get enabled! So of course, this round might not have it for you. There's not much settings in there though, maybe none you wanted except a few memory settings (Memory Clock speed (1333,1600,1866,2133,2400), Bank Interleaving, Channel Interleaving? No memory timings, those are in a menu I am not sure how to enable for you without an Am4 system here to test some things on my end until I figure it out, sorry.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/i8fxo4

You may need to remove the "M" I added to the BIOS name, if you still get security flashing error let me know and I will walk you through how to flash modified BIOS via FPT after unlocking BIOS region for write via grub booting.
find
(09-23-2018, 10:34 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Here is initial test, I assume you'll be able to see new advanced and boot menu sections, with additional settings your other advanced/boot sections do not have.  In new advanced I added USB section and CSM, which have settings your other USB/CSM did not have.  New boot has many settings your other one does not too.  If those are empty inside, let me know I will fix, should be plenty of options in each but like I said it may take a few rounds of BIOS before we get it all enabled.  

But, most importantly what I need to know is can you see Chipset section now, or no?  If you can, great, please tell me if the three sections inside are blank or have settings?  If they have settings, please send image of each sections settings.  Chipset is always a pain to get enabled!  So of course, this round might not have it for you.  There's not much settings in there though, maybe none you wanted except a few memory settings (Memory Clock speed (1333,1600,1866,2133,2400), Bank Interleaving, Channel Interleaving?  No memory timings, those are in a menu I am not sure how to enable for you without an Am4 system here to test some things on my end until I figure it out, sorry.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/i8fxo4

You may need to remove the "M" I added to the BIOS name, if you still get security flashing error let me know and I will walk you through how to flash modified BIOS via FPT after unlocking BIOS region for write via grub booting.

getting an error see attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
That is why I asked if you have USB flashback on this model or not. To flash modified BIOS you have to do certain way sometimes. First, did you rename the file, removing the M I added? If so, OK, assumed that would not help anyway but rare times it does if only certain checks are used.

There is a few ways to flash Asus modified BIOS, here is two ways using AI Suite or ES AFU (I will send you PM for these)
https://www.win-raid.com/t455f16-Guide-H...-BIOS.html

And here is my guided method https://www.win-raid.com/t3908f16-GUIDE-...-BIOS.html Out for now!

You can also try with AFUDOS or AFUWin method only use /p switch as that is all you need if you are only changing settings in BIOS with your mod. With AFUWINGUI in windows, check ONLY the Program MAIN BIOS Image block checkbox, that is all that's needed.

There is also this special Asus/AFU BIOS flashing tool
https://www.sendspace.com/file/44jcvx

I think last link I posted on thread should be tried first, then if no luck use my guide for grub unlock with FPT, it's safest method, AFU is really not all that reliable. Sorry, I mentioned this in PM, I cannot find the SMI/BIOS lock in your BIOS to use for grub/FPT and I think FPT may not work anyway since this is AMD (unsure on that) so you may have to do other method
find
thanks for the help and advice I will try it when I get home
find
(09-25-2018, 08:52 AM)trickynickyuk Wrote: thanks for the help and advice I will try it when I get home

Hows this looking for you Very interested my self as i have this same laptop at least the us version.  Also wondering just how hard it would be to bake the AGESA updates for later Ryzen cpu/aps in to the bios.

Hope all is going well and thanks to both you and Lost n Bios for this thread and all you hard work sir.
find
Bug 
hi I have tried all ways to get bios to accept the modded one but keep getting error 18 secure flash rom fail I cant get any further and that is with disabling secure boot and having CSM enabled I think I might need help I even get the same error through the DOS
find
In the setup tab of AFUWINGUI you will find a check box named "Recovery" into the "Miscellaneous" groupbox.

Enable the checkbox and try again. It should bypass the secure flash policy
find
(10-08-2018, 03:49 PM)draklrd Wrote: In the setup tab of AFUWINGUI you will find a check box named "Recovery" into the "Miscellaneous" groupbox.

Enable the checkbox and try again. It should bypass the secure flash policy

that done nothing it rebooted laptop and straight back into windows it seems that I have ami Aptio V I don't know if that makes any difference but stuck with the same problem
find
what I am reading is it could be caused by Rom size mismatch.  I have also included a backup of my bios from my laptop maybe this will help the Bios moder to look at and compare if it will help. 

this was pulled using AMI bios tool. AFUWINGUI.exe v5.11.03.1778
find
Secure boot and CSM, or any other BIOS settings you have access to, have nothing to do with nor can help with the flashing problem.

It's not a BIOS file size issue either, I sent you .cap BIOS back (Full stock size 16MB - 16,386kb), but either cap or .rom (2kb less) will work depending on what you flash with (AFU will take either). This is BIOS security issue, well known, common issue with Asus and modified BIOS, much easier to overcome on Intel boards. USB Flashback, or AI Suite method is suggested when you cannot get AFU to work.

If you cannot get it, order a CH341A flash programmer and SOIC8 test clip cable (Or EZP2010 or EZP2013 kit), and then you'll be able to program any BIOS you want without restrictions.

Did you remove the "M" from the file name like I mentioned? That may help, sometimes only has to be same name, low chance of helping but always worth trying first.
Here is rom you can try too, with AFU, same file but with BIOS removed from capsule. This will not be seen by internal BIOS tool.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/xorhip

I don't think this will help, but it might with some of the AFU tools (you only need to program main BIOS block, rest uncheck, but don't do thatwith "Recovery" selected)
find