Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 24
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424232
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3565
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 230
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 166
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 259
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223941
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119112
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6748
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 361
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309561
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 574
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20229
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169174
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6275
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 777
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5744
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61130

[REQUEST] Asus Rog G17 (G712LV) Unlocked BIOS
#1
Wink 
My laptop comes with 10750H and it has locked undervolting due to Plundervolt vulnerability. However I still wish to undervolt via XTU, is that possible? Someone please guide me.


This is the stock BIOS - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Gamin...VAS310.zip

I have tried dumping BIOS file and opening it in I am unable to open the dump BIOS file in AMIBCP but it says 'Language name present in rom exceeds 0x08 in lengh. Setup tap and bios string tab will not be shown'

Please help

Thanks
find
quote
#2
Unfortunately ,i feel you're seem right . Intel in order to fixed the processor 's secure vulnerability then block voltage control ,as long as the bios version were release later 2020 ,they can't make undervoltage via xtu or other utilitys.

And if you adjust vcore voltage in bios ,the machine will get crash and got into a boot loop case.(it can boot then shut down immediately and in loop ,this issue can't fixed via clear cmos ,i knew this information from a ROG laptop user(intel 9th gen laptop) )

Could you attach dump bios and a bios screenshot ,i want to research it cuz i haven't edit bios of this model yet(intel 10th gen laptop).

find
quote
#3
I know it's locked but is there a way around it? Like MSI laptops with 10th gen CPUs also have locked undervolting but you can go to advanced BIOS and unlock intel XTU and then from Windows you can control via XTU. This isn't the latest BIOS because I haven't updated it yet. This is the stock BIOS that came on laptop and using this, from BIOS menu we can undervolt upto 0.080V. Once you update BIOS, this option will disappear.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wnl4ia9nu6...n.rom/file

Screenshots - https://prnt.sc/uudhqx
https://prnt.sc/uudfd6

This is the dumped BIOS. Maybe we can use 2019 BIOS of this laptop model, the one which came with 9th gen CPU?

Thank you for replying.
find
quote
#4
Hi~
I thought undervoltage locked was control by microcode ,you know Intel always need to fixed many vulnerabilities for secure season.
I don't have a rog laptop ,my information are always from other laptop owners ,they respone to me ,they can't do undervoltage via XTU in the newest bios ,but on previous or older version ,it can! i try to compare what different with these bios version ,i found as long as the microcode was release date in 2020 year ,it was locked and can't undervoltage via xtu ,but if the microcode is older in 2019 year ,it can do undervoltage via xtu successfully.

I've found a submenu "Voltage Configuration" under Advanced tab from you providesd bios ,it should made by ASUS custom ,so maybe asus has other method to bypass then control i guess.
Your laptop is based on intel 10th gen processor ,so its microcode must be release in 2020 year.

Sorry ,i don't know how unlock undervoltage restriction ,but i could try menu edit ,try this tool to dump bios again.
https://katfile.com/6py91t31jrt8/fpt12.rar.html

find
quote
#5
Hey again. Thanks for replying.. again! Smile
It is locked by microcode afaik but on some machines like MSI you can just go to advanced BIOS and simply unlock it. It's not Intel which is locking it themselves. They have simply instructed the OEMs to do so.
The BIOS I have right now, I can undervolt till 0.080V but I want to do more and via XTU instead of BIOS so that I don't mess up my machine. If I update my BIOS, then the voltage control option will disappear from BIOS.
Yes in the BIOS I provided, that option should be present because I do have voltage control like I mentioned earlier.
I would be glad if you can help me out brother.
I tried running your tool to dump BIOS again but this is what I got when I ran dump.bat as admin

'
Copyright © 2005 - 2019, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.


Error 63: Unknown or unsupported hardware platform. HW: Cometlake Platform. Supported HW: Cannonlake Platform.

Done. Press any key to exit.
'

So I downloaded the new version of this tool and now I get this message

'
Intel ® Flash Programming Tool. Version: 3.1.70.2340
Copyright © 2007 - 2019, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Error 367: [FPTw64.exe] cannot be run on the current platform.
Please contact your vendor.
'
find
quote
#6
Visit this link and look at #2 to find correct version of fpt for your machine ,fpt is included in Intel (CS)ME System Tools package.
https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-M...Tools.html

find
quote
#7
Ok I was able to dump using the tool and here's the link

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fwfpcunlk4...d.rom/file
find
quote
#8
Hi~please check your pm.

find
quote
#9
Check PM pls. Having issues when trying to launch in GRUB shell environment
find
quote
#10
i made a bootable USB for Ubuntu and then instead of booting in ubuntu i selected command line interface to go in to GRUB shell and now I am getting this

https://prnt.sc/uwoudl
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)