Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Yesterday 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 156
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Yesterday 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 129
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 202
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223143
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119028
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 200
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6699
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 314
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309312
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61861
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 522
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20165
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169035
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6211
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 717
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5691
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61046
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274891
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 835
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24778

[solved] Asus Eee PC 1201N ahci unlock
#31
Quote:It's simple, by creating 2 physical cores and 2 virtual ones, applications like Firefox only use 25% of CPU because of no multi-thread/multi-core support, by disabling HT Firefox would use 50% of CPU.
You're wrong Smile
The case is simple. If you had a single core with HT disabled, you'd see a 100% load. But when you enable HT, the situation is as follows - Windows task manager shows 2 cores (it can't tell a virtual core from a real) and it does see that one of them is loaded fully. But since Firefox is a single-thread application, it can't load both "cores". So this is why task manager shows you 50%. Same goes when you switch to a real dual core. It will show you 25% any time when you use a single-thread application. Because the other real core and two virtual ones will halt.

This doesn't mean the CPU isn't loaded fully or "used not efficient". Well, this only means that you're dealing with a single-threaded applications. And reducing core count on your CPU won't improve speed - single-thread performance will remain the same.

So don't worry about this. For FF use ADblock and fasterfox. The first blocks ads that load CPU a lot.
You might overclock the CPU as well, this might add more performance for sure.
find
quote
#32
Thank you for this 1201n bios. I will try it in the following days.

Asus Super Hybrid Engine will still work if i overclock from bios? Swiching between 3 overclocking profiles with Super Hybrid Engine from windows would be a great option.
Also,I was wondering if a new option can be added in this bios to limit the charge of the battery to something like 80% to protect the battery when it is used plugged in(i saw this option in a samsung laptop).

Thank you again for your great work.
find
quote
#33
Hi.

Just sold my 1201N yesterday! It was a very sentimental goodbye Smile, but i had to let go, since i just bought a Samsung RC530 (which yes, it has the battery protection "thingy" Smile) last week, and recently ordered a tablet.
I loved this little machine like no other, it wasn't the "ferrari" on the block, but never let me down, and i simply loved it's ultra-light weight and portability.
Thus, i'm out of this topic. Thanx 4 all your help here Antinomy! Cheers!

OCM - My 1201 just made 2y and battery was still lasting 3h30/4h without battery protection. Just use Batterycare app to personalize power plans and recalibrate battery (also use windows power advanced options to squeeze some more juice Wink), along with SHE and you should be set.
P.S. one of the things i do to save power and power resources, is turn off Bluetooth.

Regards.
find
quote
#34
Quote:Asus Super Hybrid Engine will still work if i overclock from bios?
I didn't change anything about that.
Quote:Also,I was wondering if a new option can be added in this bios to limit the charge of the battery to something like 80% to protect the battery when it is used plugged in
Unfortunately, such mods are pretty hard to to. I'm not a programmer so I can't help you in this case.
I'm a hardware guy.
find
quote
#35
(01-29-2012, 06:33 PM)Antinomy Wrote: Unfortunately, such mods are pretty hard to to. I'm not a programmer so I can't help you in this case.
I'm a hardware guy.
I understand,but thank you for your work.
find
quote
#36
(12-19-2011, 10:46 PM)Antinomy Wrote: Here's a BIOS with AHCI unlocked. Tell me how it works out and what you see in SATA mode menu.

There's a little surprise in the Security section, I hope you'll find it interesting Wink
Photos of AHCI confirmation would be appreciated.

http://bios-mods.com/BIOS/AMI/ACHI%20mod...unlock.zip

Hi Antinomy,
I did the BIOS update on my 1201n/4GB/chameleon v2.1/MacOSX 10.7.2 from 325 (cause I wanted the modded Apple Boot Screen Big Grin) to the AHCI unlocked 326 BIOS. So what can I do with all that nice new features you implemented - is there a documentary anywhere?

b.t.w. : have no issue with that default parameters and also want to change my HDD to an SDD this week, so I need all configuration parameters...

Thanks & Greets
Mondi
find
quote
#37
Something new about using all 4GB of RAM on 1201N?
find
quote
#38
With this Bios Mod the fast Bios Boot Option is gone. Now it takes ~20-30s to boot Bios. Might be any change to activate it?
find
quote
#39
(02-02-2012, 06:26 AM)ottelo Wrote: With this Bios Mod the fast Bios Boot Option is gone. Now it takes ~20-30s to boot Bios. Might be any change to activate it?

I´m interested it... can you fix it???

find
quote
#40
Sorry but I dont know how to fix it?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)