Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
Last Post: Alxstroi
Yesterday 11:08 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 71385
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 10:51 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6601
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Yesterday 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22089
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41029
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Yesterday 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317268
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Yesterday 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101109
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Yesterday 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2526
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Yesterday 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 342
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Yesterday 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55347
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64140
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4105
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
03-27-2024 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 152
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
03-27-2024 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 102
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52238
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167346
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 244
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 336
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 150
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 135

ASUS RAMPAGE III EXTREME BIOS - V1601 - Updated OROM MOD
Im having a hard time following this, I spent over an hour reading through this trying to understand. please help me...

I already flashed to try myself and I am using S22i, from the best I can understand from previous responses.

Im currently trying to OC my 990x on my R3E and I found out about the bios mod but I am not sure what exactly this is for.
For performance, does upgrading from the offical 1502 make any difference? Is this for some compatibility? What exactly is this for.
Is this for compatibility? From what im reading this updates various storage contorllers, which is another thing I have a hard time understanding

Marvel, Jmicron etc, with all their versions listed, is this automatically installed in the bios firmware or am i suppose to go 3rd party download these versions for the bios? When I go device manager I see differen versions from what is lsited in the OP.

Also note, on boot I noticed it saying this:No enough space to copy PCI Option ROM [5:00:00]

what does thsi mean? overall is this suppose to make my drives run faster? Please clear this up for me im really having a hard time following whats happening with all this.

How do I install the drivers given in the bottom of each version, RST, Marvel, etc. They are a folder with files, where do i place them?
find
(03-12-2019, 08:01 PM)pir8man Wrote:
(02-25-2019, 10:22 PM)ar_0 Wrote: Forgive my question if it's stupid, but "Which to choose" section seems to only offer options for Windows 10 or "All the add-on hardware enabled". Is there a version that will work with Windows 7? I can't increase my ram frequency past 1333MHz and I'm suspecting it's because of the BIOS version. I'm using the Asus stock 1501. And what does "All the add-on hardware enabled" mean?

Flash Sxxi:

If you run Intel SATA in AHCI mode AND you run Windows 10.  Safe in AHCI or RAID in any other OS (win7/*nix).

"Safe in AHCI or RAID in any other OS (win7/*nix)."

Thanks
find
(03-16-2019, 01:11 AM)Dynamistic Wrote: Im having a hard time following this, I spent over an hour reading through this trying to understand. please help me...

I already flashed to try myself and I am using S22i, from the best I can understand from previous responses.

Im currently trying to OC my 990x on my R3E and I found out about the bios mod but I am not sure what exactly this is for.
For performance, does upgrading from the offical 1502 make any difference? Is this for some compatibility? What exactly is this for.
Is this for compatibility? From what im reading this updates various storage contorllers, which is another thing I have a hard time understanding

Marvel, Jmicron etc, with all their versions listed, is this automatically installed in the bios firmware or am i suppose to go 3rd party download these versions for the bios? When I go device manager I see differen versions from what is lsited in the OP.

Also note, on boot I noticed it saying this:No enough space to copy PCI Option ROM [5:00:00]

what does thsi mean? overall is this suppose to make my drives run faster? Please clear this up for me im really having a hard time following whats happening with all this.

How do I install the drivers given in the bottom of each version, RST, Marvel, etc. They are a folder with files, where do i place them?

My releases are intended to simply get the 'most' we can out of the hardware installed on our boards.  Compatibility and stability are my main goals.  (I discuss the performance features throughout the thread only for other's interests.)

I have updated CPU microcodes to enable all features within each CPU as well as adds support for XEON processors.  The latest CPU Microcode updates did take a performance hit, but blocked the Spectre & Meltdown bugs in trade.

The OROM updates do not make your drives perform faster, they change the communication protocols for the chipset to transfer data to/from your drives.  These changes in protocols have many effects including performance, but my main interest is in compatibility.  Second to that is getting the best performance I can from the best compatible OROM firmwares.

"No enough space to copy PCI Option ROM [5:00:00]"    ---    Did you read POST #4?   

If you are changing major firmware versions with a BIOS flash, you should remove your old drivers and re-install the best matched driver for the new OROM firmware versions the BIOS you are running has.
find
(05-09-2019, 04:51 PM)pir8man Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 01:11 AM)Dynamistic Wrote: Im having a hard time following this, I spent over an hour reading through this trying to understand. please help me...

My releases are intended to simply get the 'most' we can out of the hardware installed on our boards.  Compatibility and stability are my main goals.  (I discuss the performance features throughout the thread only for other's interests.)

I have updated CPU microcodes to enable all features within each CPU as well as adds support for XEON processors.  The latest CPU Microcode updates did take a performance hit, but blocked the Spectre & Meltdown bugs in trade.

The OROM updates do not make your drives perform faster, they change the communication protocols for the chipset to transfer data to/from your drives.  These changes in protocols have many effects including performance, but my main interest is in compatibility.  Second to that is getting the best performance I can from the best compatible OROM firmwares.

"No enough space to copy PCI Option ROM [5:00:00]"    ---    Did you read POST #4?   

If you are changing major firmware versions with a BIOS flash, you should remove your old drivers and re-install the best matched driver for the new OROM firmware versions the BIOS you are running has.

Hello @pir8man,

Thank you so much for your guidance and efforts, doing all this work!

There is another thread over at Techpowerup specifically focused on mitigating BIOS for the Spectra vulnerabilities, here: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threa...ds.246101/

Have you some how synchronized the Spectre fixing the same way @Regeneration have done over there? 
Basically, the question is: what BIOS to use if I want:
1) the Spectre fixes with protection from speculative execution side-channel vulnerabilities (CVE-2017-5715, CVE-2017-5753, CVE-2017-5754).
2) use 2 SSDs in RAID 0 with trim as boot drive (C: )
3) use CPU = Xeon W3690 
4) use IEEE 1394 
5) use JMicron JMB36X for additional drives
6) use INTEL 82567V-2 for network
7) optionally use: Marvell 91xx
8) use windows 10 latest version x64

From what I can read (I've read the whole thread), it seams like S22t or s22 is best. Should I place my bet on S22t or is @Regeneration applying broader Spectre protection (if you know)?
Xeon W3690 is a Gulftown CPU (CPUID 206C2) but it does not show as covered (it shows as stopped) in the intel documentation: https://newsroom.intel.com/wp-content/up...idance.pdf.
Thank you once again for you support, time and effort!
find
Hi everyone,

I guess we should have our eyes open for microcode (and BIOS) updates to mitigate the Microarchitectural Data Sampling (MDS) vulnerability of Intel CPUs (and subsequently taking a big hit on performance).

My next build will be an AMD system. It seems that, since a long time, Intel has been taking security shortcuts so that their CPUs appear faster than they really are.
find
(05-15-2019, 11:11 PM)Intl8ldr Wrote: Hello @pir8man,

Thank you so much for your guidance and efforts, doing all this work!

There is another thread over at Techpowerup specifically focused on mitigating BIOS for the Spectra vulnerabilities, here: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threa...ds.246101/

Have you some how synchronized the Spectre fixing the same way @Regeneration have done over there? 
Basically, the question is: what BIOS to use if I want:
1) the Spectre fixes with protection from speculative execution side-channel vulnerabilities (CVE-2017-5715, CVE-2017-5753, CVE-2017-5754).
2) use 2 SSDs in RAID 0 with trim as boot drive (C: )
3) use CPU = Xeon W3690 
4) use IEEE 1394 
5) use JMicron JMB36X for additional drives
6) use INTEL 82567V-2 for network
7) optionally use: Marvell 91xx
8) use windows 10 latest version x64

From what I can read (I've read the whole thread), it seams like S22t or s22 is best. Should I place my bet on S22t or is @Regeneration applying broader Spectre protection (if you know)?
Xeon W3690 is a Gulftown CPU (CPUID 206C2) but it does not show as covered (it shows as stopped) in the intel documentation: https://newsroom.intel.com/wp-content/up...idance.pdf.
Thank you once again for you support, time and effort!

@Regeneration is applying the same microcode updates that I have.
The last microcode update for the 206C2 is this one: cpu206C2_plat03_ver0000001F_2018-05-08_PRD_77DADA73

S22i would be the choice if you are running Windows10 with Intel SATA in AHCI mode (or ANY other OS/Intel-SATA combination)
S22 would be the choice if you run Windows10 with Intel SATA in RAID mode
S22t should be used if S22 or S22i failed to fit the OROMs you enabled (NEED) into the limited 1MB BIOS memory space.
find
(05-09-2019, 04:51 PM)pir8man Wrote:

How do I install?  

v1.2.0.1049 WHQL for Win10 x86/x64
64bit JMicron JMB 36x RAID driver v1.17.65.11 WHQL

Im having no luck trying and I dont know what to do.

Also I installed s22t and i still get the message about not enouigh memory on bios post. what am I doing wrong?
find
Hello everyone,

I want to humbly thank Ziogts, Pir8man and all other people (Skorpn...) who helped pass on their knowledge and passion by spending a lot of time there.

I work on the S21 because I used to have a Raid0, now it’s nvme without sata, marvell, jmicron, 1394, usb3.

can you confirm that the S22 will not be useful to me and that presumably there will be no more updates for the microcode of the cpu and therefore probably no more modified new bios useful for this configuration?

Below are the bios options for which I still have some doubt about their usefulness for a "first-rate system"
C1E Support: enabled
Hardware Prefetcher: enabled
Adjacent Cache Line Prefetch: enabled
Intel Virtualisation: enabled
CPU TM Function: enabled
Execute-Disable Bit Capability: enabled
Technologie Intelr SpeedStepT: enabled
Performance/Watt select: tradi

what do you think??

R3E, 980X4.47GHz, 48Go2133CL9, 1080Ti, 2xNVMe970Pro1To+HDX-2, PSU1050W, AIOH320Push.P, EnthooPrimo, W10PROx64
find
(09-21-2019, 12:47 PM)Eli Wrote: Hello everyone,

I want to humbly thank Ziogts, Pir8man and all other people (Skorpn...) who helped pass on their knowledge and passion by spending a lot of time there.

I work on the S21 because I used to have a Raid0, now it’s nvme without sata, marvell, jmicron, 1394, usb3.

can you confirm that the S22 will not be useful to me and that presumably there will be no more updates for the microcode of the cpu and therefore probably no more modified new bios useful for this configuration?

Below are the bios options for which I still have some doubt about their usefulness for a "first-rate system"
C1E Support: enabled
Hardware Prefetcher: enabled
Adjacent Cache Line Prefetch: enabled
Intel Virtualisation: enabled
CPU TM Function: enabled
Execute-Disable Bit Capability: enabled
Technologie Intelr SpeedStepT: enabled
Performance/Watt select: tradi

what do you think??

R3E, 980X4.47GHz, 48Go2133CL9, 1080Ti, 2xNVMe970Pro1To+HDX-2, PSU1050W, AIOH320Push.P, EnthooPrimo, W10PROx64

That is correct.  if you have the jMicron and Marvell controllers disabled, there is no reason to update to S22.
find
More on the vt-d not working issue:
not a fix, but I discovered a workaround. Info made available here:
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-A...#pid159606
find