Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.88 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 92
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 101474
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 516
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2869
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 7257
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6980
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14336
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 245
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425400
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3834
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 524
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 325
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 544
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227401
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119531
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 384
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6989
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 611
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310549
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62216

HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
As TheWiz just told, I have tested the existing pre-beta-BIOS and I needed a complete reinstall with some new drivers and not all are included in the standard-windowsXP-installation! I will try Windows 7 and later on Windows 2000 to ensure it is not only my Windows XP that has these problems. I tested also with Knoppix, Kubuntu and OpenSuse and these tests went fine. I cannot assure if it is working with all processors I once tested because I have sold so many parts till now, so I only tested with my Phenom X4 9500 and the stock Athlon 64 4200+...

Sometimes you just have to try to be sure it is not working...
[Image: logo.png]
I am back in here as I promised! Big Grin So tell me your needs!
find
quote
Also please confirm that the BIOS I sent you was using the ASUS ROM (from the MPV stuff) that is labeled HPn2b3.bin. If its the right one the custom EPA for bios mods should be working. Once confirmed, I'll make the download availale.

Thanks,
TheWiz
www find
quote
EHM, I had no option to set in BIOS for the splash-screen although it was there in the ROM...

Sometimes you just have to try to be sure it is not working...
[Image: logo.png]
I am back in here as I promised! Big Grin So tell me your needs!
find
quote
But can you confirm it is the ASUS BIOS and the following bin name above that you tested and P.O.S.T.S fine. I just don't want any dead boards Smile
www find
quote
But can you confirm it is the ASUS BIOS and the following bin name above that you tested and P.O.S.T.S fine. I just don't want any dead boards Smile
www find
quote
Hello folks.
I've been reading this thread for a few days now and successfully installed the custom bios thus far without a single issue and went as far as OC my Athlon 2x 5000+ processor to 2.8 GHZ without much of a hassle.

Now comes the not so fun part.
After reading on the responses and how well all processors at 80 watts or less have been doing, I bumped into a Phenom II 555 BE and after reading this article I am set on getting this to work.
Problem: It won't even boot, at all.

I am aware the AM3 processors are having some issues, but I'll be camping your thread until that becomes a thing of the past Smile
Thank you for all the updates btw! Greatly appreciate it.
find
quote
(09-27-2010, 09:24 AM)TheWiz Wrote: But can you confirm it is the ASUS BIOS and the following bin name above that you tested and P.O.S.T.S fine. I just don't want any dead boards Smile

Man, You can cut the tension with a knife....very exciting news.Huh
find
quote
Yeah you're right Gabe:

Drumroll please: Here is the latest beta image that should boot AM3 proccessors. I reccommend someone like Gabe reports back first for you guys, but basically follow the EXACT same instructions you did for the last modded BIOS using this image.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/HPn2b3.bin

Happy Modding!
TheWiz
www find
quote
Sad

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/HPn2b3.bin
AWDFLASH show me this: "The program file's part number does not match with your system!"

My flash type is PMC Pm49FL004T LPC/FWH

thx
find
quote
Wait...this seems so impossible. Correct me if I'm wrong, but using this flashed bios and my terrible Iris, I'll be able to use an AM2+ phenom quad core of up to 95w like this one?

EDIT: I'm still new and pretty uneducated with tons of hardware so I have to ask; Does the motherboard alone decide how many watts it can handle in a processor or does the psu also have a say? If so, how would I know how many watts it can handle after upgrading to a better power supply?

Thank you

Shoot..I think I've been reading a completely different thread than I'm supposed to be, its an iris yet its got the same model number as the Nettle2? I'm so confused...
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)