Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 809
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108091
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1317
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9224
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8774
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14373
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 252
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425693
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3850
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 541
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 728
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227776
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119728
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7006
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 629
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310654
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62236

HP Pro 3300 & 3400 (H61): Upgrade to Ivy Bridge
(05-17-2024, 04:27 AM)itsik Wrote: This is a production machine so I can't afford to make mistakes that will render it unoperable.
If so, the easiest way is to buy a second used motherboard on ebay. Then you will be able to find an bios/cpu option that suits you without any rush. The Foxconn H61MXE bios, for example, allows you to upgrade to an Intel i7-3770 processor and supports a maximum of 16GB of memory.
find
quote
(05-18-2024, 12:31 PM)miant Wrote:
(05-17-2024, 04:27 AM)itsik Wrote: This is a production machine so I can't afford to make mistakes that will render it unoperable.
If so, the easiest way is to buy a second used motherboard on ebay. Then you will be able to find an bios/cpu option that suits you without any rush. The Foxconn H61MXE bios, for example, allows you to upgrade to an Intel i7-3770 processor and supports a maximum of 16GB of memory.

Thank you for your reply.
It is an option indeed, but not sure it is suitable for me. Is there any bios the is guaranteed to give me the ability to upgrade to a core i7/XEON cpu with 16 gigs of ram? I believe it can be an i7 2XXX or an equivalent XEON cpu as this is basically a file server with a bit of media duties (not too much). 
My other option is to go with a new ITX build based on an aliexpress X99 mobo...
if
find
quote
(05-20-2024, 03:50 AM)itsik Wrote:  Is there any bios the is guaranteed to give me the ability to upgrade to a core i7/XEON cpu with 16 gigs of ram?
did you read this?
(05-18-2024, 12:31 PM)miant Wrote:  The Foxconn H61MXE bios, for example, allows you to upgrade to an Intel i7-3770 processor and supports a maximum of 16GB of memory.
find
quote
(05-20-2024, 05:10 AM)miant Wrote:
(05-20-2024, 03:50 AM)itsik Wrote:  Is there any bios the is guaranteed to give me the ability to upgrade to a core i7/XEON cpu with 16 gigs of ram?
did you read this?
(05-18-2024, 12:31 PM)miant Wrote:  The Foxconn H61MXE bios, for example, allows you to upgrade to an Intel i7-3770 processor and supports a maximum of 16GB of memory.
Yes I did. Can you please point to Where I can download those bios?
Also how do I flash it?

Thank you
Itsik
find
quote
Check out the previous page of this thread.
find
quote
Tried to flash with Afudos, not working doesn't accept. Anyway you can modify to make it accept without error.
find
quote
(08-11-2024, 12:32 AM)wayachi Wrote: Tried to flash with Afudos, not working doesn't accept. Anyway you can modify to make it accept without error.

As i said before, i used external programmer.
Afudos require another bios file - BB3F1P13.ROM (it is present in the afudos folder, its size is 2560k). 
For afudos v3, the command line might look like this
afudos.exe BB3F1P13.ROM /X  ( /X - Don't Check ROM ID )

You can try to flash .bin file booting to freedos with intel fpt utility v8.1 from MEBIOS folder something like this
fpt.exe -f bb3f1p13nvme.bin
This is a guess only - sorry, I don't have a way to test it.
(All of the bios/utility files and folders are in the bios archive ).
find
quote
Hello, I need your help with something. I have an HP Pro 3400, but it doesn't support an i5-3470 CPU. After searching the forum, I replaced the 4MB BIOS chip on the motherboard with an 8MB one. I also uploaded the HP 3500 BIOS dump. Yes, the computer works with an i5-3470 CPU, and I get a screen, but I can't enter the BIOS. After starting the computer, the splash screen appears for 0.5 seconds, then immediately displays an error such as PXE Error, ERROR: No boot disk has been detected, or the disk has failed. I replaced the SATA cable, and no matter what I do, I can't enter the BIOS. I've tried pressing ESC, F9, and F10, but I can't enter the BIOS. Can you help me?

I flashed CU3_819.ROM and CU3_814.ROM onto the 8MB BIOS chip, but none of them work. I can't enter the bios
find
quote
akifh
You've got expected results - https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-H...#pid123941
You need real BIOS dump from HP Pro 3500
And transfer all settings from native dump to new one in Flash Image Tool.
find
quote
(11-16-2025, 10:37 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: akifh
You've got expected results - https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-H...#pid123941
You need real BIOS dump from HP Pro 3500
And transfer all settings from native dump to new one in Flash Image Tool.

Can you be more specific in this " transfer all settings from native dump to new one in Flash Image Tool"

I open FIT and there is a lot of things...what exacly i need to check and transfer? Do i need to open
two FIT apps and compare with a eyes what is a diference in two bios files...what exacly i need to look at it when i open.


Ty
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)