Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
sgx enabling bios help
Last Post: wafa
Today 08:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 22
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Sergio717
Today 05:17 AM
» Replies: 656
» Views: 167503
M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
Last Post: Alxstroi
Yesterday 11:08 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 71440
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 10:51 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6607
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Yesterday 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22109
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41058
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Yesterday 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 117
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317365
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Yesterday 10:51 AM
» Replies: 487
» Views: 101148
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Yesterday 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2530
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Yesterday 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 353
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Yesterday 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55368
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64155
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4110
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
03-27-2024 04:08 AM
» Views: 109
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52247
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 251
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 339
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 158
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 142

[Unlocked] A08 w/ Unlocked Options & 580M GPU Thermal Throttle Removal
Hi Dariog ,

I didn't say that this was my final mod , i just wanted anyone to see if throttle is sill removed and 3D is supported in my moded a04 Big Grin
The final result will be a modified a08 with throttle removed , but its very complicated to controll it so i try some mods in the a04 to see if the modified module will add 3D support .
I will knew what had removed 3D support from my modified a08 if anyone had reported that 3D worked in the modified a04 .
And don't worry about the 20 sec delay as it can be fixed in the next mod .

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
ANY ONE TRIED THE MODIFIED A04 !
I WANT TO KNEW IF 3D IS SUPPORTED IN THE MODIFIED A04 .

DARIOG has reported that the modified A04 still haven`t throttle , but still no one tested it to see if 3D supported or not .............please any one test it to make me able to see the results and complete the modified A08 bios .
i`m waiting your replies .

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
(08-21-2011, 06:50 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: ANY ONE TRIED THE MODIFIED A04 !
I WANT TO KNEW IF 3D IS SUPPORTED IN THE MODIFIED A04 .

DARIOG has reported that the modified A04 still haven`t throttle , but still no one tested it to see if 3D supported or not .............please any one test it to make me able to see the results and complete the modified A08 bios .
i`m waiting your replies .

I tried the modified A04 bios and it broke my ability to use the laptop display. It beeped 31 times then it booted into windows. I could hear the Windows boot music comming. I think that the beeps and the broken screen might have something to do that the 3D versions of this laptop comes with 120Hz screen.

Anyway I reflashed to A08 bios and interestignly it no longer throttles and 3D is workign fine. Somehow your bios that Neptune used and the A04 modified bios I tried, when applied, it glitches something that when you flash the dell A08 bios, it is all working good.

Perhaps this will give you a clue on what you need to do.
find
SO , YOU FLASHED THE MODIFIED A04 AND THEN FLASHED THE ORIGINAL A08.........THEN FOUND THAT THROTTLE WAS REMOVED AND THE 3D WORKS IN THE ORIGINAL A08 ! Big Grin

IN THIS CASE , ANYONE JUST FLASH THIS MODIFIED A04 BIOS THEN BACK TO A08 TO FIND 3D WORKS WELL WITH NO THROTTLE ( IT DIDN`T REQUIRE MODDING THE BIOS IN THIS CASE Big Grin Big Grin )

BUT , I HAVE A REQUEST Big Grin
CAN YOU PLEASE FLASH THE ORIGINAL A04 THEN FLASH THE ORIGINAL A08 AND SEE IF THE THROTTLE REMOVED !
IF YOU FLASHED THE ORIGINAL A04 THEN FLASHED THE ORIGINAL A08 AND FOUND THROTTLE REMOVED AGAIN ,, THEN IT`S JUST A BUG IN THE BIOS .
AND IF YOU FOUND THAT THROTTLE IS BACK AGAIN , THEN I WILL EXPLAIN WHAT HAD HAPPENED TO YOU ALL Smile

find
(08-21-2011, 08:41 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: SO , YOU FLASHED THE MODIFIED A04 AND THEN FLASHED THE ORIGINAL A08.........THEN FOUND THAT THROTTLE WAS REMOVED AND THE 3D WORKS IN THE ORIGINAL A08 ! Big Grin

IN THIS CASE , ANYONE JUST FLASH THIS MODIFIED A04 BIOS THEN BACK TO A08 TO FIND 3D WORKS WELL WITH NO THROTTLE ( IT DIDN`T REQUIRE MODDING THE BIOS IN THIS CASE Big Grin Big Grin )

BUT , I HAVE A REQUEST Big Grin
CAN YOU PLEASE FLASH THE ORIGINAL A04 THEN FLASH THE ORIGINAL A08 AND SEE IF THE THROTTLE REMOVED !
IF YOU FLASHED THE ORIGINAL A04 THEN FLASHED THE ORIGINAL A08 AND FOUND THROTTLE REMOVED AGAIN ,, THEN IT`S JUST A BUG IN THE BIOS .
AND IF YOU FOUND THAT THROTTLE IS BACK AGAIN , THEN I WILL EXPLAIN WHAT HAD HAPPENED TO YOU ALL Smile

Sure I can try it, but don't give up looking into this thing. This may be a glitch that will not work 100% for everyone. Also, the standard bios doesn't have all the hidden areas unlocked.

It would be great if someone tried it who has not flashed your bios yet. I think James might be a good person to try it.

It seems like there is a part of bios that doesn't get overwriten with the Dells A08 bios but it breaks the throttling. And that part comes from the A04 bios or the modifications you have made.

Anyway, I can try flashing standard A04 and then A08 to see if the throttling goes back, but this test might be flawed as now my bios is not in pristine condition sort of speak.

I will get back to you today or tommorow.

Thanks for the effort so far.
find
This has alot of possibilities :-
1 ) maybe there is a part of bios isn`t overwritten , BUT ONLY OVERWRITTEN WHEN USING CRISIS DISK RECOVERY .
2 ) maybe this part is programmed not to be flashed , IN THIS CASE THIS PART IS THE MODULES AND MODIFICATIONS I HAVE INSERTED INTO THE MODIFIED BIOS .

YOU CAN TRY FLASHING THE ORIGINAL A04 THEN ORIGINAL A08 AS I TOLD YOU ((( IF THIS FAILED TO REMOVE THROTTLE , FLASH THE A08 USING CRISIS DISK THEN SEE IF THE THROTTLE REMOVED , IF REMOVED THEN THE NO.1 IS THE TRUE POSSIBILITY )))
IF THIS FAILED , THEN ONLY MY MODIFICATIONS WILL MAKE THE THROTTLE REMOVED AS ITS VERY HARD TO DISCOVER WHAT ROUTINES IN BIOS THAT MAKED SPECIAL PARTS NOT OVERWRITTEN , IT WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR ANYONE HERE TO DISCOVER THESE ROUTINES .

I WILL WAIT YOUR REPLY AFTER THAT I WILL TELL YOU THE SOLUTIONS FOR THIS PROBLEM .

----ALSO , IF JAMES TRIED THIS , HE SHOULD FIRST FLASH USING THE CRISIS DISK AND SEE IF THROTTLE REMOVED ,,,,,,,,IF THIS FAILED , TRY FLAHING A04 THEN A08 ( BOTH ARE THE ORIGINAL ),,,,,,,,,,,,IF THIS FAILED TOO , FLASH MY MODIFIED A04 THEN ORIGINAL A08 AND SEE IF THROTTLE WAS REMOVED .

find
(08-21-2011, 09:29 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: This has alot of possibilities :-
1 ) maybe there is a part of bios isn`t overwritten , BUT ONLY OVERWRITTEN WHEN USING CRISIS DISK RECOVERY .
2 ) maybe this part is programmed not to be flashed , IN THIS CASE THIS PART IS THE MODULES AND MODIFICATIONS I HAVE INSERTED INTO THE MODIFIED BIOS .

YOU CAN TRY FLASHING THE ORIGINAL A04 THEN ORIGINAL A08 AS I TOLD YOU ((( IF THIS FAILED TO REMOVE THROTTLE , FLASH THE A08 USING CRISIS DISK THEN SEE IF THE THROTTLE REMOVED , IF REMOVED THEN THE NO.1 IS THE TRUE POSSIBILITY )))
IF THIS FAILED , THEN ONLY MY MODIFICATIONS WILL MAKE THE THROTTLE REMOVED AS ITS VERY HARD TO DISCOVER WHAT ROUTINES IN BIOS THAT MAKED SPECIAL PARTS NOT OVERWRITTEN , IT WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR ANYONE HERE TO DISCOVER THESE ROUTINES .

I WILL WAIT YOUR REPLY AFTER THAT I WILL TELL YOU THE SOLUTIONS FOR THIS PROBLEM .

----ALSO , IF JAMES TRIED THIS , HE SHOULD FIRST FLASH USING THE CRISIS DISK AND SEE IF THROTTLE REMOVED ,,,,,,,,IF THIS FAILED , TRY FLAHING A04 THEN A08 ( BOTH ARE THE ORIGINAL ),,,,,,,,,,,,IF THIS FAILED TOO , FLASH MY MODIFIED A04 THEN ORIGINAL A08 AND SEE IF THROTTLE WAS REMOVED .

I tried following:

1. Flash Dell A04 bios
2. Flash Dell A08 bios
3. Test throttling and 3D. 3D is there, throttling is back.
4. I flashed A08 again using LVNeptune instructions. The throttling is still there. (This is just to confirm the flashing method had anything to do with it)
5. I flashed modified A04 bios
6. I flashed Dell A08 bios through LVNeptune method.
7. Test throttling and 3D. 3D is there, throttling is removed.

Well looks like the process is reproducable with positive results. Huray.

One thing to try would be to modify the A08 bios to just unlock the hidden features to see if we can get that working without loosing this glitch. This looks more and more like a permanent solution.

Good job.

LVNeptune flashing instructions. Might be of relevance as how this glitch works.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienwar...ost7791370
find
Here is the modified A08 bios ( ONLY UNLOCKED MENUS AND OPTIONS , NO MODIFIED MODULES )

http://www.mediafire.com/?2vw45vmgsk2vt7l

It`s sure that now you will have the working A08 bios with 3D SUPPORT , THROTTLE REMOVED AND UNLOCKED SETUP UTILITY Big Grin
flash it and i`m waiting your reply Smile
------I will make a complete package for this solution after your reply .
------No one think that if he flashed any corrupted bios then flashed back to the A08 he will get throttle removed and 3D worked as i have replaced special modules in the both modified A04 bioses which wasn`t flashed by the A08 bios...........it`s sure i can`t get the A04 bios working or not breaking the notebook as this will require replacing alot of modules in the bios ( about more than 20 modules to get this works ) and the tools will generate errors when replacing this large amount of modules .......i think it`s enough to provide the A04 with the required modules for removing the throttle then you can flash the A08 to get it removed with working 3D .

i just need your reply now to see if this bios will have :-
1 ) throttle still removed .
2 ) still supporting 3D .
3 ) the menus and options are unlocked .

find
(08-21-2011, 11:08 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: Here is the modified A08 bios ( ONLY UNLOCKED MENUS AND OPTIONS , NO MODIFIED MODULES )

http://www.mediafire.com/?2vw45vmgsk2vt7l

It`s sure that now you will have the working A08 bios with 3D SUPPORT , THROTTLE REMOVED AND UNLOCKED SETUP UTILITY Big Grin
flash it and i`m waiting your reply Smile
------I will make a complete package for this solution after your reply .
------No one think that if he flashed any corrupted bios then flashed back to the A08 he will get throttle removed and 3D worked as i have replaced special modules in the both modified A04 bioses which wasn`t flashed by the A08 bios...........it`s sure i can`t get the A04 bios working or not breaking the notebook as this will require replacing alot of modules in the bios ( about more than 20 modules to get this works ) and the tools will generate errors when replacing this large amount of modules .......i think it`s enough to provide the A04 with the required modules for removing the throttle then you can flash the A08 to get it removed with working 3D .

i just need your reply now to see if this bios will have :-
1 ) throttle still removed .
2 ) still supporting 3D .
3 ) the menus and options are unlocked .

It works like a charm.

No throttling. Still 3D support. The menus and options are unlocked.

This is exactly what we set out to do. I don't want to jinx it, but this is it. It is working.
find
Well if this isn't the craziest experiment ever.

Flash modified A04, then upgrade to A08 Big Grin

It never worked for me when I attempted it before, only once out of luck. Now it is working again. I am happy just staying where I am at Big Grin

EDIT: Even though we didn't get the BIOS 100% I feel comfortable knowing we have a crazy method that at least works Big Grin

What is your paypal address?
find