Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Abit KN9 Ultra AM3 support Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Hey guys,

yeah its been quite busy this month but I'm hoping to get back to this. There's a lot of ACPI rewrites that will be needed to port over to the ASUS BIOS, but its possible.

TheWiz
TheWiz.. speaking about new processors, it's a shame that this motherboard is useless without the proper BIOS. Abit was a great manufacturer. I hope you'll have some results soon..Good luck!
Well, I think it was not that good a motherboard in it's time, since it could only achieve very low HT-clocks in comparison ( I can only get to about 265). But it was good equipped and that's why I chose it over the Asus M2N-E, because it had two LAN-ports an a Realtek Codec instead of some unknown brand. Furthermore I liked Abit better at that time, partly for it's reputation in OCing.

Looking back, I feel bad about not choosing the Asus M2N-E, I didn't ever properly use the onboard sound or the second LAN-port and I could have foreseen, that Abit was going down.
Asus M2N32 Sli Deluxe was my choice but it wasn't so fast U think.. http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=530&num=6
The speeddifference between two motherboards with the same chipset can only be insignificant.
nothing new?
You're still working on this, right?
i sold my own, but i used asus bios and it worked with sempron 140.
(01-01-2011, 07:14 AM)Teurastaja Wrote: [ -> ]i sold my own, but i used asus bios and it worked with sempron 140.

what kind of asus bios?
It was the Wiz I was asking. But yeah, Teurastaja, which ASUS-BIOS did you use? A moded one from this thread or an original one?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17