Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Abit KN9 Ultra AM3 support Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
We are rewriting the bootsector code and patching it to GV3, which I am still working on with apple_rom. This thread is not dead Big Grin rather time is still needed

TheWiz
I just recieved confirmation that apple_rom has gotten closer to completing his testing. Hopefully we will have a resolution soon.

TheWiz
Well, I am hopefull. I trust in your abilities, too.
Its just a question of adding the code to the bootblock without killing things. Hopefully deb will help with testing.

TheWiz
All greetings. What progress?
Now it's nearly two weeks since the last update. Any news? I don't want to get on your nerves.

On a sidenote, do you see any chances of getting the new sixcores to work as well, if you get the quadcores to work? I was happy to hear the will work on AM2 Boards and I justdiscovered that Gigabyte has added support for the 95W TDP sixcores to the GA-M52L-S3P (rev. 2.0) and the GA-M68M-S2P (rev. 1.0) with nForce 630a chipets.

Plus, in an article about the sixcores I read about the necessity of a dual plane power supply for CPUs with 125W and 140W TDP. Taht seems to be the reason whynone of the AM2 Boards with Phenom support I know of supports the Agena Phenom X4 9950 BE 140W (only some support the later 125W variant) an the gigabyte denbabkin took the BIOS from supports only a few 125W CPUs depending on Revision?

Would that mean that, even if you got Deneb support working, I would risk killing the board installing anything above X4 945 95W TDP and OC would be entirely out of the question?
Pretty much the rule of thumb is, dual power plane kills on AM2. as for the A3 support in general, im split on the issue. I leaarned a lot working on an ASUS mod this week as well. here's what Im split about. Apple_rom never got back to me on adding the support in the bootblock. If you extract the bootblock in this bios you can see the AMD AUTHENIC string which starts the support, but its all a blur from there. So, then the next solution isto go with GIGABYTE, as it uses MEMINIT. The only issue then is, how to go about resolving all the quirks in it. It looks like I will ahve to start troubleshooting the gigabyte BIOS to port some ABIT stuff, as I havent heard any news on bootblock updates.

If you wanna chat about it, Im on MSN @ cjj9872000yk AT passport DOT com.

TheWiz
Well, I don't have MSN an don't want to register either. I'm not knowledgable enough to chat about this anyway Wink
I need a tester Tongue This board repopped into my head when I was working on the ASUS project. They have a M2N-SLI board with a 570 chipset that may be able to be cross flashed and then modded to fit the needs of the ABIT. Please denbabkin, try this if you are still available.

http://bios-mods.com/BIOS/1802AM3.BIN

TheWiz
Please, denbabkin, we need your help! I could only test if this BIOS works with a K8.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17