Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Abit KN9 Ultra AM3 support Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
It shouldnt matter really, but a bigger chip would probably be better, but not essential to our operation.

TheWiz
Well, could it cause any Problems? I'd tend to buy the cheaper of the two 8MBit-chips, because he is a bit cheaper than the preflashed chip. I don't see what difference there should be between the two different 8MBit-chips. If understood it right, I can ask the guy who runs that service to flash any BIOS I send him onto any chip.

But he told me you woukd need to give me a 8MBit file, otherwise the other 4MBit wouldn't be adressable. So, if you can do that, I'd order the bigger chip in case we need the space later on. If I've looked right we still have some space left, though, an you could always delete the splashscreen.

Would you advise me to order the special pincers, too, or are their other, cheaper ways to reamove the chip?

Oh and I'm sorry for asking this, but have you ever seen a board (physically) damaged through one of your modded BIOS to such an extent, that even exchanging the chip didn't help?
The only time I've evers een a board physically damaged was when I was half asleep and inserted a PC 2300 DDR Ram chip backwards Sad Bioses, seem to all be recoverable with the magic chip. You shouldn't pay extra to program, and the smaller bios should go to a larger one, but I can work with any size chip as long as its at least the size of what you have now. also, pincers are cool, but you can always use screwdrivers in each corner and gently lift up.

TheWiz
OK, I ordered a chip (the 4MBit preflashed one) and the pincers on thursday evening and got them this morning. I just installed the chip, it works just fine. Now I'm ready to test some BIOS. Should I start with the last one you psoted?
How odd is it the only place I manage to find the latest OFFICIAL firmware for kn9 ultra is on a bios mod forum. Tongue

That chip socket is actually quite fragile, its good you got the pincers. When trying to pull the chip (w/ a screwdriver) after failed flash, I cracked the socket at a corner on an Abit NF7s. Once I hotswapped, flashed and pluged the chip back in, everything still worked, ... aside for the fact that my subwoofer was now able to rattle the chip outta its socket. But yeah, be careful bud, I was being gentle when that happened.
Hello, TheWiz?
Did u get the chip?
Well, yes, read post #24, please Big Grin
Wow, see what happens when you got to many things going on. Ill get a new bios asap.

TheWiz
well, have your time, I have to write a 20 pages homework for university, too. S atm I wouldn't test it anyway, since I can't afford messing up my pc until I'm done.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17