Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Abit KN9 Ultra AM3 support Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Well, after nearly three months have passed, I have stil not entirely given up on this matter. Mostly because I saw no real need for a CPU-upgrade yet and because I didn't see the perfect AMD 8-Series Board for me yet.

Since denbabkin never answered, I guess he gave up and probably thre his board away. Either way, he isn't available as a tester anymore.

So I wanted to ask if you have made enough progress on the matter of enabling support for K10.5 CPUs on AM2 Boards with Award BIOS that previously only supported K8 CPUs for me to just try and buy a cheap Athlon II and testing it with a high chance of success.

Has there been a similar case were you succeeded, yet?

Since TheWiz is away for two more days, I don't expect an answer soon, but if anyone has something so say on the matter I'd be pleased.
Tigerfox,

Heres a bios that ive made myself containing the microcode from the board with Agena support and latest AGESA (v3.7.0.1).

Flash at your own risk!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Abit%20KN...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin
Did you suecceed in intergrating meminit?
oh no! i didnt - dont download this!! completely forgot ! Tongue
Links back up , ive taken the MEMINIT out of the other bios and put it in the Abit KN9 Ultra bios

Try at your own risk!

I appreciate your feedback if you choose to test

Regards
Admin
Well I won't have the time for a test anytime soon, with my BA exam coming up in one week.

I just wanted to know If you could mod a BIOS to a degree where the chance of running a Phenom is high while the chance of killing the board is low. Has there been a case in which you succeeded in adding the support? I remember there were problems integrating meminit correctly, so that updating AGESA didn't have any effect.

I'll obviously only start a test when I can have about two weeks of relatively much free time for testing, since I would have to send a AthlonII CPU bought for testing back after that timeframe.

EDIT: I discovered that ASUS has released BETA BIOS 3001 for the M2N-E and M2N-SLI Deluxe in february supporting PhenomII up to X4 945 95W C3 with the remark:"Due to Bios ROM size limitation remove LAN PXE ROM and change Crashfree3 to Crashfree2" and in june 5001 with the remark:"Remove Mylogo function".
Both boards have an Award 4Mbit BIOS like my Abit. Could taht be helpful?
We already had support added to that motherboard with our own version several months ago. Because it had MEMINIT though it was upgradable, so I don't think it would be all that helpful except for trying to flash the latest 5001 on their site on a spare chip and giving it a go.
I suppose 1234s282s modded BIOS is more promising?
I'm thinking thathsi is an equal risk if not greater, especially because MEMINIT wasn't even there before. Can you try contacting denbabkin to see if he's willing to test. Also, I'm pretty sure you mentioned your chip is soldered, but if it isn't I'd reccommend buying a chip.

TheWiz
I coulde try to send him a private message as I don't have any other means to contact. But I don't think he will answer and if, he probably has already thrown away his board, sadly.

My chip is not soldered and I've already bought a sparechip.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17