Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Abit KN9 Ultra AM3 support Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Well if you ahve a spare chip I reccommend trying the BIOS image we modified for the asus nf570-sli

With a spare chip, nothing to lose

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/In%20Pro...3BETA2.BIN

Make sure to write the bootblock and clear cmos if you try it.

TheWiz
Wait, could that really be fully compatible with my board? ASUS has used different sound chips for years and that's probably not the only difference. Wouldn't that be a problem?
Sound is nothing to worry over, foucs on seeing if i can oot first. You have a spare chip with nothing to lose, use it
Bad news.

Today I finally found the time to try this. After completing my termpaper, it wouldn't be that much a problem if I couldn't use my PC for a while.

I prepared two bootdisk, one with drdflash and the 1901AM3BETA2.BIN modded BIOS (renamed to BETA2.BIN) and one with the orgininal BIOS, prepared for blindflashing with the tutorial from this board.

When I tried flashing, I used the commands you gave in the BIOS-flashing guide, awdflash BETA2 /py /sn /cc /cd /cp /wb /r.

But I got a message stating "the file's partnumber does not match with your system!".

What went wrong and what to do now?
You have to add /f to the command line which forces the flash. it tries to check the BIOS image is intended for your board, /f overides the check. How do you plan to recover?

TheWiz
I have spare chip with the original BIOS flashed and I have made a bootable floppy with your tutorial for recovery after a bad flash.
good work! OK then, attempt flas adding the /f parameter.

TheWiz
The good news, the flash was successfull, the bad new, not everything works as intended. I am now at an other PC.

first, I got a few warning messages about CPU fan speed an voltages an indeed the HW-Monitor is not reading them out correctly. I have to press the enter- and esc-key at least two times everytime in the BIOS, too.

But more importantly, I don't get the LAN-ports to be recognized in windows. I checked everxthing in the BIOS, they should both be enabled. I reinstalled the nforce drivers, too.

Bad news is, when I attempted to flash bac the oiginal BIOS, the floppy drive is not recognized anymore. It is enabled in the BIOS but when I check "boot-up floppy seek" I get "floppy seek failed (40)! and when trying to read from it in windows, it says "insert a floppy disk".

Even worse, I tried to exchange the BIOS-chips again (I flashed the sparechip after exchanging it with the original one) but after inserting the original an pressing the power button, the fans spin and nothing happens.

So I am now t loss how to get back to the original BIOS. Could I have damaged the original BIOS-chip?

EDIT: I tried to make a bootable usb drive with your tutorial, but after finally getting the commands right (the keyboard is like totally crazy changing keys all the time), awdflash sait the BIOS rom is writeprotected. It is still the same chip I flashed the ASUS BIOS onto.

EDIT: Solved the problem, I simply forgot to clear CMOS after inserting the original BIOS-chip, like I do often.

But waht do we do now? I'm not to convinced flashing the BIOS of an other board is promising. I had to much trouble with the keyboard and the sensors and the ASUS-bios mentioned a JMB612 SATA2-Chip, which my board doesn't even have. The LAN-ports an floppy-port not being recognized may be related to the ASUS-board having different chips, too.

And how can I get the ASUS-BIOS of my spare-chip for later use?

Oh and I tried sending denbabkin a PM back in July but he didn't response since then.
Dude this is great! If you successfully booted then that means we now techically have Phenom II support for these boards! Tthis even includes Phenom X6 criteria. The LAN ports etc are of no surprise, it is most likely a simple job of injecting the ABIT LAN ROMs into the ASUS. Great work dude! Please MSN me asap when you are ready to test.

TheWiz
To quote myself:
(03-31-2010, 11:42 AM)Tigerfox Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I don't have MSN an don't want to register either. I'm not knowledgable enough to chat about this anyway Wink

No further testing today at least.

Are you sure this is the easiest way? I could imagine solving all these problems with the sensors and the keyboard could be really difficult.

I would like it much more if you could instead ad the support to the original ABIT-BIOS. But if you say it would bemuch more difficult or near impossible, I will test whatever you give me. O will noct however buy a CPU for testing before everything on th eboard works as it should.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17