Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad X230(i) (G2ETxxWW) Whitelist Removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-07-2016, 02:12 PM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you need to read the content of both chips.
If you want get disabled whitelist so reading of EC bios is enough.
For combo request I need both dumps.
Also run this tool and upload bios image
https://www.sendspace.com/file/zb0xuw
We use Swapping method to unlock Advanced menu, so one of unuseful presented tabs will be hide.Choose it.

Hi Da Vinci Code, I have managed whitelist remove using kimipm guide, but I would like to ask you if there is any chance to correct BIOS checksum, to avoid startup beeping and make TPM chip functional?

thanks in advance
diz
Hi dizzy2604!
Why kimipm didnt point in his guide how to get bios mod without beeps?May be you should ask him about this operation.
Checksum of both chips must be matched, so you need save dump using Universal Backup Tool 2.0 and get joined bios.
Modify this file like you did with last bios and split it to 2 files.
Now read dumps of both chips and copy content of splitted files here.
(05-08-2016, 07:59 AM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: [ -> ]Hi dizzy2604!
Why kimipm didnt point in his guide how to get bios mod without beeps?May be you should ask him about this operation.
Checksum of both chips must be matched, so you need save dump using Universal Backup Tool 2.0 and get joined bios.
Modify this file like you did with last bios and split it to 2 files.
Now read dumps of both chips and copy content of splitted files here.

Hi Da Vinci Code,

I just modifyed UniversalBackupTool image then splitted to 8k and 4k part and flashed back to chips. but beeps still occured
  same thing happened when i read content of chips , joined to one 12k, modifyed, splitted and flashed back. Is there something I missed ?

thank you for an answer diz
Hi Da Vinci Code,

I just modifyed UniversalBackupTool image then splitted to 8k and 4k part and flashed back to chips. but beeps still occured
same thing happened when i read content of both chips , joined to one 12k, modifyed, splitted and flashed back. Is there something I missed ?

thank you for an answer diz
Could someone, maybe BDMaster, please repost the modified image? The link http://rghost.net/7V8Vwjkzs isn't working anymore.
Hello, deceptor!
Do you have SPI programmer+Pomona SOIC8 Clip?
If you do, so i can help you for freeSmile
I need tester who can helps me to create universal modded flasher with some limitations.
If mod is failed so you can easy recover bios using Programmer.
At least, you can get nonwhitelisted bios, but i want try to unlock Advanced tab also.
What do you think?
Lol, this modified image cannot be reuploaded!
This mod is personal, it contains SN,Macs and etc.
If you have own modded image,use SPI PGM to read image and upload it here!
Regards!
Hi! I attach two bios file from my Lenovo X230. Bios ver. 2.66. Could You mod it for me? Whitelist and advanced tab. Thank's
i have 2.06 version on my x230. should i update the firmware and then post the images here?
(08-30-2016, 11:16 AM)dumitru.o Wrote: [ -> ]i have 2.06 version on my x230. should i update the firmware and then post the images here?

it all depends on you. Smile