Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad X230(i) (G2ETxxWW) Whitelist Removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Dudu, could you mod mine as well? I really appreciate it!

- Remove wifi/wwan whitelists
- Remove battery whitelist
- Enable advanced menu
- Fix 16 GB/eGPU issue

Manufacturer: Lenovo
Model: X230
BIOS Version: 2.72

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tsJpxW...xurK1eyDvj
Hello, Dudu2002. Could I also get a bios mod? with..

Remove wifi/wwan whitelists
Remove battery whitelist
Enable advanced menu
Fix 16 GB/eGPU issue..

I have a Lenovo x230. Latest bios version 2.72.
Here's the bios dump: https://my.mixtape.moe/nwxdux.rom
Hi 

Can someone remove the whitelist for this dump
Thank u in advance 

Regards 
Hi friends, or can I find a tutorial clear enough to read and write the bios? I have not found anything very explicit, sorry to publish here, should I open a new application? I'm lost. I have a x230 with I7 processor, I have a raspberry available if needed, thank you all.
(06-26-2018, 03:56 PM)MachOne Wrote: [ -> ]Hi friends, or can I find a tutorial clear enough to read and write the bios? I have not found anything very explicit, sorry to publish here, should I open a new application? I'm lost. I have a x230 with I7 processor, I have a raspberry available if needed, thank you all.
Hi
you need MX25L3205D chip
make dump
(06-26-2018, 05:17 PM)Dudu2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2018, 03:56 PM)MachOne Wrote: [ -> ]Hi friends, or can I find a tutorial clear enough to read and write the bios? I have not found anything very explicit, sorry to publish here, should I open a new application? I'm lost. I have a x230 with I7 processor, I have a raspberry available if needed, thank you all.
Hi
you need MX25L3205D chip
make dump

Thank you, I have to buy this chip MX25L3205D?
Or does my Lenovo have to be equipped with this chip?

is there a tutorial that explains step by step how to do a dump
(06-26-2018, 05:24 PM)MachOne Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, I have to buy this chip MX25L3205D?
Or does my Lenovo have to be equipped with this chip?
this is your bios chip...it is on the motherboard
yes then that I already knew, all that does not scare me, I already sold 60 son on a PS3 for the downgrade with a Teensy ...

What I'm looking for is a tutorial to read the chipset with a raspberry, the one I found is the x220 and I can not find it very clear, anyway thank you for your answers.
Hi,

I am very new to this forum but I am planning on purchasing a Lenovo ThinkPad x230 to Hackintosh. However, I have read that there are a lot of restrictions surrounding the WiFi card. I have also read that the BIOS firmware is unique to each laptop and it contains information such as your MAC address.

If I was to upload the files of my BIOS, would it be possible for somebody to remove the whitelist so I can Hackintosh (I hate USB dongles).

Thankyou in advance,
Nathan.
(06-27-2018, 01:11 PM)bynathanknowles Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I am very new to this forum but I am planning on purchasing a Lenovo ThinkPad x230 to Hackintosh. However, I have read that there are a lot of restrictions surrounding the WiFi card. I have also read that the BIOS firmware is unique to each laptop and it contains information such as your MAC address.

If I was to upload the files of my BIOS, would it be possible for somebody to remove the whitelist so I can Hackintosh (I hate USB dongles).

Thankyou in advance,
Nathan.
Hi
Your bios is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only