Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Asus PRIME B460M-A modding bio...
Last Post: hnoimahi
Today 08:04 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 236
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (62CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 05:34 AM
» Replies: 809
» Views: 246486
[REQUEST] Samsung NP450R5G unlock hide s...
Last Post: magg
Today 12:53 AM
» Views: 238
[REQUEST] Asus maximus X Code "fan profi...
Last Post: appletechgeek
Today 12:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 85
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire S3-391 BIOS Unlock
Yesterday 04:27 PM
» Replies: 57
» Views: 25513
[REQUEST] Lenovo V580(c) (H1ETxxWW) Whit...
Yesterday 04:26 PM
» Replies: 588
» Views: 147726
[REQUEST] GL504GS BIOS unlock
Last Post: pl4gue
Yesterday 12:19 PM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 59206
[REQUEST] Thinkpad T14S G3 AMD (Type 21C...
Yesterday 04:37 AM
» Views: 105
[REQUEST] Lenovo B490 (H1ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: sardax
04-25-2024 10:03 PM
» Replies: 101
» Views: 31962
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire E1-571(G) BIOS Unl...
04-25-2024 04:44 PM
» Replies: 127
» Views: 58174
Acer Predator Helios 300 N17C1 G3-572-79...
Last Post: chadreuel
04-25-2024 11:39 AM
» Views: 150
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-56 BIOS Unl...
04-25-2024 07:25 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 907
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
04-25-2024 03:52 AM
» Replies: 1972
» Views: 662961
[Request] Acer Aspire Z1620 (h61h aio v1...
Last Post: spingernexx
04-24-2024 06:09 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 192
[REQUEST] Lenovo G505 (82CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: khaos
04-24-2024 04:15 PM
» Replies: 155
» Views: 55573
Asus Prime b250m plus, RAM compatibility
Last Post: Slayery777
04-24-2024 06:23 AM
» Views: 177
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Request Clevo W230...
Last Post: happycrazyman
04-23-2024 03:53 PM
» Views: 157
Rog Strix B650E-F BIOS File Extraction
Last Post: panmetrix24
04-23-2024 11:25 AM
» Views: 167
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Pipo89
04-23-2024 06:47 AM
» Replies: 236
» Views: 70063
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: onetapxdf
04-23-2024 03:37 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1394

[REQUEST] ASUS FX506LU full unlock
[quote pid="184849" dateline="1631550278"]
Hi BDM . I am lost dude. totally  ... this very first sentence is what i do not understand at all...Steven wrote -substitute mod .rom with the name of the modified bois.... and i have no idea what he m,eans by that. i do not have any mod.rom file to have it substituted with anything.... 
i don't get ya guys ...... sorry  . 
[/quote]
find
Ok i have to correct this i wrote, i didn't followed the discussion, so asked things as before just done ... it's an an AMD Ryzen pc , so Intel FPT cannot
be used here.
We can just use , if it will work the Flashback button , (may be QFlash modified) or Efi Flash modified , the RU shell can be used to unlock variables
and try if it will need helping the flash process ...

Here is EFI flash modded discussion :

https://www.win-raid.com/t1361f16-Flashi...l#msg63846

Here is QFlash moddded :

https://www.win-raid.com/t3217f44-OFFER-...l#msg56118

Annex Flashrom tool on USB Stick :

https://www.win-raid.com/t455f16-Guide-H...-BIOS.html

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Flashin...from_Linux

https://www.flashrom.org/Flashrom

https://advantech-ncg.zendesk.com/hc/en-...n-FWA-1320

Here is a AMI Aptio EFI flash video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=citN29QZ4xs

So after unlocked the variables there are many tests to do by tradictional Flashing tools, but Efi flash mod tool (many versions).
But as i said about TUF serie pc these bios cannot be rewritten normaly, but only by an SPI Programmer :

https://www.win-raid.com/t5442f54-REQUES...#msg109067

Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
Alright, RU.EFI time!

After following the instructions from the previous post, you should have everything you need on your flashdrive to change hidden settings via RU.EFI, get one last backup via FPT, and flash the mod via FPT. EDIT: Feel free to rename my ridiculously named "FX506LU_Chipset+Advanced2_modV1.ROM" to "mod.rom" or something simpler that what was.

Using RU.EFI, we are going to disable the "BIOS Lock" and "Flash Protection Range Registers (FPRR)". Before we get started, I will let you know that I have not performed this process before. This process simply changes a setting without flashing a modified BIOS image, so you don't have anything to worry about. I just thought it would be good to let you know.

First, read through this page for an introduction into how RU.EFI works and how to change hidden settings using it: https://nstarke.github.io/firmware/uefi/...u-efi.html

You may need to search for and disable a setting called "Secure Boot" before you are able to use RU.EFI. First try using RU and if you get an error like "Secure boot violation. Invalid Signature detected. Check Secure Boot Policy in Setup" then you know you need to find and disable Secure Boot in your BIOS Setup Utility.

You can start at the part of the article where it says to type "fs0:". Stop where it talks about "Prerequistes to Enabling DCI". You will want to modify the PchSetup UEFI Variable. You will find this Variable in Config (press Alt+C in RU) and then in UEFI Variables (or something similar). Scroll down to "PchSetup" and press Enter. Go to byte/offset 0x17 and change it from 0x1 to 0x0. This will disable "BIOS Lock". Next in the same UEFI Variable, change offset 0x6DD from 0x1 to 0x0. This will disable "Flash Protection Range Registers (FPRR)".

Let me know how this goes when you get a chance. If you need assistance with RU.EFI, please do not hesitate to ask!

Note to self: "CFG Lock" and "Overclocking Lock" may be easier and less experimental to disable via RU.EFI than a BIOS mod. They are in a "Form" that does not contain a reference in the Setup module. The settings or the "0x2C001 Form: View/Configure CPU Lock Options, Form ID: 0x2749 {01 86 49 27 38 02}" Menu that they are under may need to be injected into another unlocked or visible menu that is referenced.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
UPDATE: Just read the posts since my last post. Thanks BDMaster for your advice. I actually already had metalal run hwinfo to check on BootGuard and the Intel ME version, but forgot to post that information to this thread.

Here is an ordered list of to-do tasks:
1.) Read my previous post to disable the 2 locks on BIOS flashes via RU.EFI.
2.) Rename my ridiculously named BIOS mod file to "mod.rom" Tongue
3.) Boot into the UEFI environment again. In the instructions from my previous post, you entered the UEFI environment and then opened RU.EFI. This time, boot into your flashdrive again and then enter these three commands: ("fs0:" ENTER "cd efi" ENTER "fpt -d FPTbackup.bin"). This will get a full BIOS backup (more is always better) and will confirm that this version of FPT is working.
4.) If the previous command works without errors, then you can run "fpt -f mod.rom -bios" to flash the modified BIOS image.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Right!!!
I am slowly slowly super slowly getting somewhere... LOL Smile
i did all the magic from the posts and i managed to get the backup.bin created on the usb flash .
Now i have renamed the long name of the bios mod to just Mod.ROM so its easy to type but when i type it and hit enter in shell envinroment i get -Command Erros Status:Unsuported.
Thats all after i changed the secure bios settings before as i was getting a big red screen with secure boot violation message but i disabled it so i can get to shell thing .
You lot is a way smarter than me ..... Smile
Chances of me getting this done are getting slimmer with every minute..... Let's just hope i won't kill da laptop.... LOL
And Steven you said that we might not have to flash the mod bios nut only unlock some settings ?so do i fl;ash it?
Or what and how do i run whatever needs to be done in order to get to those settings?
Smile this is absolutely fantastic stuff guys!
I would love to see you all reading my posts and laughing your heads off!!!!
Buy hey!!!!! I am trying right ? LOL
Smile LOL
find
|
|
|
|
v
find
Guys !! i got it !
I am officially a computer genius !! LOL Smile
Waiting for a call from microsoft actually to fix their buggy system!!! LOL
No for real now .
I have managed to run this thing .
It was the case of Upper case and lowwer case letters and it is super sensitive to those....
Yes you big brains already know this but for me it was a trial and error !
so i can now offiacialy run RU.EFI
STEVEN !!! I NEED YOU BROTHER !!!
What values do i need to change in order to unlock the hidden functions ?
And big thanks to all the other guys for your input and education.
Really appreciate it!!
find
Ok Metalal, please post some photos to see what are you doing and the working side !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
Steve.
Following your steps i got into the PchSetup no probs but now i have either a different values on da screen or i am reading those wrong . I seem not to have any "byte/offset" tabs or value sub tabs or windows or nothing . so perhaps i shouldn't be looking for anything typed down ? and when you posted look for 0X17 then i can tell you that i haven't got ANY X on this screen . just 00 01 03 04 etc etc . numbers only . no letters. i wish i could send ya a screen shot man ... Sad
Drop us a message when you can .
Still Smile Super excited ! Maybe we will actually get this to work !!!
find
BDMaster -
I wish i could brother but it doest work ! i did explain to Steven that i have some issues with this web site and he said that i am not the only one experiencing those issues and apparently the designer or founder rather is workinh on it as we speak 
[/quote]
find